PSA - full HomeKit support for Panasonic Viera TVs (via homebridge)

BlueDragon

Novice Member
Hi all,

FWIW, in the hope that some of you will find it handy, as it it fills IMHO a key gap, i've been maintaining homebridge-vieramatic, an open-source homebridge plugin for Panasonic TVs which supports all models released in the last few years.

It's available via NPN, and feedback/bug reports is welcome on GitHub.

All the best,

António

Marshall Mike

I’ve been using your plugin to control my lights when the tv turns off and on and it works really well. One small niggle though, which might be specific to HB rather than your plugin, but when I restart HB the tv always switches on. It’s the only device/accessory that it happens with. Keep up the good work though!

BlueDragon

Novice Member
I’ve been using your plugin to control my lights when the tv turns off and on and it works really well. One small niggle though, which might be specific to HB rather than your plugin, but when I restart HB the tv always switches on. It’s the only device/accessory that it happens with. Keep up the good work though!

Hi!

First, let me apologise for the lag replying, somehow missed this in my mailbox :-( .

Now, to your issue - when the plugin starts it polls the TV to grab the app list. Tricky part is that the TV's API endpoint that returns it only is available if the TV is turned on (and not in standby). So, if the TV is standby and the plugins is instantiated it will turn on the TV to grab the app list and then turn it off (stand by) again. This should be clear in homebridge logs by the way. So, my question is - is the TV turning off again, after being turned on when homebridge restarts ? It it is then this is expected, if not then it's a bug :)

So, can you clarify in this part ?

Thanks for your patience!

Marshall Mike

Hi,

No the TV does not turn off again after the HB reboot.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom