PS51D550 questions

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by TheTenth, Jan 5, 2012.

1. TheTenth

TheTenth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    - being a noob at 3DTVs, I'd like to know if there's a generic setting being good for all 3D movies, or do I need to change the 3D perspective / depth settings each time I put a new 3D movie?
    - I saw somewhere in the manual you can save some of the settings, I'd like, for example, to have my HDMI2 in game mode, and only on this one, is there a way?

2. tbag21

tbag21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I never change the 3d depth settings on my d550, i just let the player and the tv handle it and it's fine. Each movie is different so you'd forever be changing. As for the inputs, yes most modern tv's allow you to have different setting's on different inputs. If your going to be using a console (ps3,360) then i suggest you plug it into hdmi 1 and hit the source button then press information and change the name to pc. This will lower the lag time and increase the responsiveness which is quite important when your playing fps games. This is only works on hdmi 1 though.

3. TheTenth

TheTenth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    so when I'm on a channel, say HDMI2, the settings I change will just be for this channel? the manual and menu doesn't make it very clear
    and thanks for the answer, it helped me a lot, I changed the channel names to "PC" and "Game" and the options for PC which I couldn't access then became accessible AND I got the game mode for the PS3 I couldn't access before

4. tbag21

tbag21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    yes that's correct, each source can have it's own setting's

5. TheTenth

TheTenth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    yet another question
    I still don't understand how the auto shut off and screensaver works
    I put the setting at 10 minutes for the screensaver, put on my PS3 and put a picture in full screen, and 12 minutes later it was still there, tried it multiple times and still no screensaver (don't even know how it looks like)
    The TV actually shut off some times (maybe 5 in 2 months) for no apparent reason, I was either on my PC (with the PC linked with HDMI to the TV) reading some emails or opening files or surfing the itnernet, or I was on my PS3 playing a card game (not much movement on screen. So the activity on the screen wasn't much, but there was something moving anyway
    Reading the manual I see that the screen should shut off after 4 hours of inactivity. So sure the TV was on for more than 4 hours (either gaming or watching movies / TV), but it was just mere minutes of reduced activity when it shut off. So does it mean that the TV will shut off after 4 hours of intense use and minutes of very light use?