• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ps50q97hd or lg 47lf66 full hd

podgiekop1

Standard Member
Hi guys could do with some help im after a bigger tv im down to these two theres maybe £50 quid between them mainly watchin sports im not clued up on most stuff you guys talk about the question is do i really need full hd or what i think the better lookin samsung any help would be grateful has monies burnin a hole in my pocket thanks

bri1

Hello,

I have got a Samsung Q96 50" (same as the Q97) was extremely impressed with the SD picture both Analogue, Freeview & SKY+, I was led to believe that standard SD pictures would be poor, but in reality much better than I ever expected, as I have no HD sources at present. So would recommend this set, I am told the HD is stunning. You can get one of these for just over £800.:thumbsup:

podgiekop1

Standard Member
Well its today or never still not sure which one, in about an hour ill prob flick a coin and hope i dont regret it wish me luck

vipergrm

I hope it lands on the Samsung side. If the LG SD pictures are anything like their LCD relatives then I would definately go with the Samsung. In all honesty, I have never been impressed by any of LG's sets. Plasma or LCD. Go with the Samsung.

podgiekop1

Standard Member
YEP went with samsung q97:smashin: but out of stock with empire direct :thumbsdow125 sets on order and they havnt got a clue when their gettin them in samsung messin them about they said. i think ill wait till they come in cos ive got edextra card so i will get 3 year warranty how long :confused:

chamill

LG 47LF66 LCD or Samsung PS50Q97HD Plasma.

Yep the Plasma every time.

In all fairness the LG LCD is good on HD but particullarly bad on SD and has a below average Black Level for an LCD.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom