PS5 General Chat

Here’s a question I had an Xbox one x briefly last year and in the Microsoft store all the games were really at expensive prices even the quite old ones

In the PlayStation store there is often alot of sales and good games are discounted say with £10 or £20 off or even half price

Is that a key difference between Microsoft and Sony, Microsoft keep their game prices high all the time

The game pass only allows access to Microsoft owned studio games, it’s not every game
Classic FUD ☹ Both systems have good deals all the time. Having owned both all
Gen there is no dif.

Also super surprised to see loads of gamers on here with very little breadth or variation to their gaming diet. And seemingly no desire to break out and see some fresh stuff beyond the WWS or remasters.

the little classics the gems you don’t get from AAA games just seem to have died away now on PS.

At the start of this gen the indie game the small games were important. But it seems now going from guys in here no one care if it isn’t a WWS a remaster.

i love those too but just so much enjoy finding new games that might not be as big ip or budget.

Each to their own of course - If it’s juts big WWS games or AAA that you play, and just want to play those over and over that’s cool.
But as an old gamwr, who grew up with variation, silly little games, throw away games (the Mastertronic games Vs US Gold) just little slices of fun it’s part of what o live about games.

I jjuts hope these smaller games and devs Making them still come To PS given the lack of interest from the hardcore

Very surprising as Sony at the start of the gen was THE platform for these type of games ☹

Last edited:
Nothing really new but may informative for some.

I didn’t know that! I know that ps plus games are to keep once downloaded, I didn’t know you could do the same with PSNow.

Theyre not if you cancel your PS+

I can’t believe there’s arguments about how the various services work. They each have their strengths and weaknesses and you know what you’re getting before you sign up for them. FWIW I think PS+ is pretty good. I tried Now and thought it was poo. Gamepass Utimate seems the best of the lot by a long way IMHO.

Last edited:
I wasn’t arguing. I hadn’t heard before that you could keep PSNow downloads and play them without further cost after they’ve left PSNow.. Although now I’m wondering if Lancia meant psplus, not PSNow.

Gamepass Utimate seems the best of the lot by a long way IMHO.
It does, but you pay a premium for it (RRP double that of PS+) so it's not really a direct comparison.

I wasn’t arguing. I hadn’t heard before that you could keep PSNow downloads and play them without further cost after they’ve left PSNow.. Although now I’m wondering if Lancia meant psplus, not PSNow.

Apologies wasn’t implying that you particularly were arguing, I had just caught up with the last couple of pages.

So if Demons souls was available for say a tenth of retail price and you could play it for a month to see if you liked it or not you might. Hmmmmmm.....if only...,,
Days Gone is a bit of a mix between Dying Light and State of Decay 2, it’s alright but it’s a bit messy trying to follow the storyline as it’s one of those games with a million side missions, and if you do those you get better weapons etc but they take just as long to do as the story missions. It’s an alright game but I enjoyed Dying Light better.
I though days gone was superb and Bend have updated that game fantastically well.

Wow to see Sony guys not even pick up WWS games because of taking a risk 😱 if the fans don’t buy WWS games and just want them for free on plus, how does that work for Sony.

You can on PSNow if you have downloaded it before it leaves the service.
Are you sure? If you download a PS4 game via Now and it is removed from the service you can Still play it?

Do you mean Plus?

Gen there is no dif.

Also super surprised to see loads of gamers on here with very little breadth or variation to their gaming diet. And seemingly no desire to break out and see some fresh stuff beyond the WWS or remasters.

the little classics the gems you don’t get from AAA games just seem to have died away now on PS.

At the start of this gen the indie game the small games were important. But it seems now going from guys in here no one care if it isn’t a WWS a remaster.

i love those too but just so much enjoy finding new games that might not be as big ip or budget.

Each to their own of course - If it’s juts big WWS games or AAA that you play, and just want to play those over and over that’s cool.
But as an old gamwr, who grew up with variation, silly little games, throw away games (the Mastertronic games Vs US Gold) just little slices of fun it’s part of what o live about games.

I jjuts hope these smaller games and devs Making them still come To PS given the lack of interest from the hardcore

Very surprising as Sony at the start of the gen was THE platform for these type of games ☹
My library is a hive of indie and arcade shooters. I've played binding of isaac and gems of war more than any other ps4 game this gen.

Gen there is no dif.

You get many people on all formats that play nothing but CoD, Fifa, Forza/GT etc and never touch other game types such as SP adventure games, indies etc.

Correct. MS buying market after launching the most powerful console and investing in all of the studios they have indicated that MS have major doubts about the games they have coming. One thing we keep hearing is how much more MS have shown than Sony, which is true for most things apart from the most important thing. The games. Not PC mock ups, actually running on their consoles. Hopefully MS show something truly remarkable to justify their claims but if they are as strong as they make out why all the stunts? Until they show it it’s like “the cloud” all over again for me.

Sony haven't even shown the console....

My library is a hive of indie and arcade shooters. I've played binding of isaac and gems of war more than any other ps4 game this gen.
Yeah I got Isaac too. It was 7 years ago! It was on plus for free wasn’t it? Good around launch. Kinda my point. Seemingly little fresh stuff is of interest.

Isaac was when PS had good indie games And people seemed to care about them. The PS still does have good indie games but it just seems few care about them

they tend to Cost 10. 20 quid. But if you’ve got Sony gamers not buying Spider-Man or days gone, or deaths stranding becuae of the risk, then what chance those smaller games. They’ve sunk without a trace -

Last edited:
You get many people on all formats that play nothing but CoD, Fifa, Forza/GT etc and never touch other game types such as SP adventure games, indies etc.
Yeah seems weird to me. Imagine just playing cod or fifa on a loop forever.

games offer so much but some seem to what so so little. They just want groundhod day gaming over and over ☹️

Sony haven't even shown the console....

Yeah, I‘m finding that aspect of the whole launch window quite tiresome now. The only reason I can think of is that it is quite shocking to see in the flesh.

I think all the sub services are pretty decent value. I've had more than my monies worth out of PS+ and PSNow and being new to Gamepass, I know I'll get great value at £85 over 3 years :D

Are you sure? If you download a PS4 game via Now and it is removed from the service you can Still play it?

Do you mean Plus?

Maybe I’m wrong as I’m sure I read somewhere that you could still play once it left PSnow. Oh well, that sucks then as it usually takes me 18+ months to play a game!

Maybe I’m wrong as I’m sure I read somewhere that you could still play once it left PSnow. Oh well, that sucks then as it usually takes me 18+ months to play a game!
Seems like something you might want to check out and/or correct.
It isn’t how I remember PS now working (Plus, yes) so perhaps you are speeding falsehood?

Theyre not if you cancel your PS+

I can’t believe there’s arguments about how the various services work. They each have their strengths and weaknesses and you know what you’re getting before you sign up for them. FWIW I think PS+ is pretty good. I tried Now and thought it was poo. Gamepass Utimate seems the best of the lot by a long way IMHO.
The single platform owners tend to guess about feature of competing services which lead to these daft FUD circles.
🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems like something you might want to check out and/or correct.
It isn’t how I remember PS now working (Plus, yes) so perhaps you are speeding falsehood?

So no mention of what happens in their FAQ but a Kotaku article says yes you can’t play them.
Ok so that changes my point entirely. They’re great if you want to try out a load of games or tend to finish games quickly but otherwise not so good.
I’ll keep them both for the remainder of the year but might not renew then. I guess it’s mainly the AAA tithes that come and go but others tend to stay almost permanently?

This is why I personally think this discussion is much better in its own thread, the last few pages have been discussing how to pay for access to software and all its doing is going in circles using inaccurate information. I've updated the OP on this thread:

If anything is inaccurate, or changes, let me know and I'll update the info..

Here’s a question I had an Xbox one x briefly last year and in the Microsoft store all the games were really at expensive prices even the quite old ones

In the PlayStation store there is often alot of sales and good games are discounted say with £10 or £20 off or even half price

Is that a key difference between Microsoft and Sony, Microsoft keep their game prices high all the time

The game pass only allows access to Microsoft owned studio games, it’s not every game

Completely wrong, on both counts....

I h
I have Netflix, prime and D+ (future son in law) and I just don't have the time to watch all I want to in Netflix, never mind the other two! I don't have time for two consoles and I certainly don't have time for another Netflix on a gaming machine. I remember when I used to buy and play C64 games when I was a lad. Played em til bored then bought a new one. Once I started getting copies I didn't devote quality time to games anymore. More was definitely less and the experience became diluted. That's my worry about game pass, just playing stuff for the sake of it.
I'm not slagging it off, I'm just saying even if I had an xbox I'm not sure I'd buy into yet another service like Netflix.

Yeah i agree with some of that.... When i moved to PC gaming years ago after 360/PS3 obviously by default all digital and the Steam sales and bargains were insane and trading TF keys for even better foreign bargains, then the likes of Humble Bundles for £1 etc etc.... got to the point there was so many choices if i wasn't in the mood for Battlefield and decided to play something else i'd deliberate for ages as to what play and often think sod it aand end up on BF anyway... :facepalm:

Since focussing more on consoles again with this gen i've stayed all digital and amassed loads of games via sales etc and again, like PC often too much choice to decide what to play. I love GP though and for me it's not just the amount of games available, but more the fact if i read up positive stuff about something i'll download and play it, and get to enjoy many great games, often indie or smaller games, i'd never have bought and overlooked completely otherwise.

Nothing really new but may informative for some.

Wow! According to that video the PS5 has over 1 million frames per second performance! Lol.. they say Gigahertz instead of Hertz for some reason? Presuming a gigahertz means a million?

Wow! According to that video the PS5 has over 1 million frames per second performance! Lol.. they say Gigahertz instead of Hertz for some reason? Presuming a gigahertz means a million?
Gigahertz is one thousand million cycles per second.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom