PS5 General Chat

I h
Are we allowed to just dislike subscription services? Im not sure im allowed to say that without upsetting the Xbox crew who seem to live in this thread?

This isnt exclusive to Xbox Game Pass but includes things like Disney+

I strongly believe these models are not consumer friendly and are purely designed to lace the pockets of the companies that run them. I also don't for one second think that Microsoft will not increase the price of game pass as the service grows and holds more titles. And the users of said subscription will have two choices... pay the rise to still have access to 'their' game collection or to stop the subscription and move back to a purchase titles like the good old days?

What happens when Microsoft falls out with a publisher and they pull their titles? What happens when Microsoft decide they no longer want to stuff cash in the hands of the publishers for them to be happy for their games to be on game pass?

Like I said this isn't exclusive to game pass, it happens with all of the streaming services like Netflix/Prime/Disney etc tv/films get pulled from these services all the time and then don't even get me started on Disney charging people extra to rent Mulan 😩

Just remember these models are designed to make them money and Microsoft know exactly what they are doing.

I was up until recently someone who subbed to the Game Pass on PC but the price rise was just too much and I decided to let my sub end. At some point you'll have to make that same choice and you'll possibly be wondering if you had good value for that service and nothing to show for it.
I have Netflix, prime and D+ (future son in law) and I just don't have the time to watch all I want to in Netflix, never mind the other two! I don't have time for two consoles and I certainly don't have time for another Netflix on a gaming machine. I remember when I used to buy and play C64 games when I was a lad. Played em til bored then bought a new one. Once I started getting copies I didn't devote quality time to games anymore. More was definitely less and the experience became diluted. That's my worry about game pass, just playing stuff for the sake of it.
I'm not slagging it off, I'm just saying even if I had an xbox I'm not sure I'd buy into yet another service like Netflix.

I h
I have Netflix, prime and D+ (future son in law) and I just don't have the time to watch all I want to in Netflix, never mind the other two! I don't have time for two consoles and I certainly don't have time for another Netflix on a gaming machine. I remember when I used to buy and play C64 games when I was a lad. Played em til bored then bought a new one. Once I started getting copies I didn't devote quality time to games anymore. More was definitely less and the experience became diluted. That's my worry about game pass, just playing stuff for the sake of it.
I'm not slagging it off, I'm just saying even if I had an xbox I'm not sure I'd buy into yet another service like Netflix.

I can relate to your points too. I've sunk around 100hours in to Death Stranding alone but barely played 5 hours of all of the game pass games I had access to.

If Halo of Forza were available at launch I’d be more interested in the new X for launch - I’m a sucker for both. Like some others I like to sink time into a game I like, it’s not an App Store for me, I’m not bothered about trying a lot of games I only play if of interest. Not sure about £70 a game for PS5 though - Demon’s Souls looks fantastic but I’m reluctant to pay that if I’m going to rage quit because it’s too hard :laugh:

Remasters at full price are anti-consumer?

Like how many times have Nintendo sold (basically) the same game back to their fans, and they lap it up :laugh:

End of the day companies want to make money. MS has for a long time stated their intent to have a "PC in every home", and saw the xbox as part of that (and at least stopping someone else having a console in every home, which then became a computer etc this was seen as a threat to core business).
Xbox was often a loss-leader, and GamePass is probably just an extension of that. Give "good value", but the ultimate plan is to protect all parts of the business, taking a loss / running not for profit, to make competitos look worse.
Much like Tesco pushing out other local shops with initially great prices.

Anyway, i might check TGS translations and see if any more news plopped out.

If Halo of Forza were available at launch I’d be more interested in the new X for launch - I’m a sucker for both. Like some others I like to sink time into a game I like, it’s not an App Store for me, I’m not bothered about trying a lot of games I only play if of interest. Not sure about £70 a game for PS5 though - Demon’s Souls looks fantastic but I’m reluctant to pay that if I’m going to rage quit because it’s too hard :laugh:

So if Demons souls was available for say a tenth of retail price and you could play it for a month to see if you liked it or not you might. Hmmmmmm.....if only...,,

Isn’t Fifa basically the same game every year?

Still it sells by the bucket load

Here’s a question I had an Xbox one x briefly last year and in the Microsoft store all the games were really at expensive prices even the quite old ones

In the PlayStation store there is often alot of sales and good games are discounted say with £10 or £20 off or even half price

Is that a key difference between Microsoft and Sony, Microsoft keep their game prices high all the time

The game pass only allows access to Microsoft owned studio games, it’s not every game

Last edited:
So if Demons souls was available for say a tenth of retail price and you could play it for a month to see if you liked it or not you might. Hmmmmmm.....if only...,,
Yes but games such as Dark souls which are on Xbox are not on game pass are they? What percentage of new releases go on there?

Is that a key difference between Microsoft and Sony, Microsoft keep their game prices high all the time

The game pass only allows access to Microsoft owned studio games, it’s not every game
theres sales on the xbox store every week that start every Tuesday

Its not just Microsoft studio games on game pass they stay on there permanently the games from other publishers cycle on and off game pass

First party is. This is published by Sony isn’t it? So equivalent would be on Xbox.
dark souls is published by namco and to my knowledge has never been on gamepass

i think your thinking of demon souls which is published by sony

theres sales on the xbox store every week that start every Tuesday

Its not just Microsoft studio games on game pass they stay on there permanently the games from other publishers cycle on and off game pass
How does the cycle happen does it mean you can’t play the game anymore when it’s taken off the cycle?

How does the cycle happen does it mean you can’t play the game anymore when it’s taken off the cycle?
yes like any other subscription service if a game isnt on gamepass anymore you cant play it

games from non Microsoft owned studios arnt on there permanently

And you will probably ragecwuit as it’s brutal :)
As we don’t get demos anymore I love the idea of these subscription services. PSNow has already saved me loads of cash as there was several games on there I was thinking of buying in a sale and I tried them and was glad I hadn’t bought them.

It also gave me a chance to try Control which I would never have bought but I lived it and finished it. Sony do need to put more games on there but I do find it a good way to try out a load of games to see if they are any good.

yes like any other subscription service if a game isnt on gamepass anymore you cant play it

games from non Microsoft owned studios arnt on there permanently

You can on PSNow if you have downloaded it before it leaves the service. Can’t you on Gamepass?

Here’s a question I had an Xbox one x briefly last year and in the Microsoft store all the games were really at expensive prices even the quite old ones

In the PlayStation store there is often alot of sales and good games are discounted say with £10 or £20 off or even half price

I bought both god of war and hzd for ten quid each off psn. I have all the uncharted games apart from the add on with chloe (lost legacy?), these were were given away on psn and that's why I'm going digi, stuff will end up cheap if you're patient! Lol I expect spiderman and ds to be available in 2025. Stay patient folks!
I always expected alien isolation to be a ps plus game, that'd be a good ps5 title..

That’s the beauty of selling on, played most of the ps+ collection, sold, reinvested, will play again from November. A few I missed out on (days gone) as I didn’t want to take the gamble.

You can on PSNow if you have downloaded it before it leaves the service. Can’t you on Gamepass?
I had Control on PSNOW. Got halfway through it and it was taken off the service. Its now locked out. Only downside to subscription. I'm sure it will be a psplus game soon

That’s the beauty of selling on, played most of the ps+ collection, sold, reinvested, will play again from November. A few I missed out on (days gone) as I didn’t want to take the gamble.

Days Gone is a bit of a mix between Dying Light and State of Decay 2, it’s alright but it’s a bit messy trying to follow the storyline as it’s one of those games with a million side missions, and if you do those you get better weapons etc but they take just as long to do as the story missions. It’s an alright game but I enjoyed Dying Light better.

I think both consoles will be great, and both play to their strengths. I dont really see this whole war or fanboy agenda by grown adukts acting like biligrant children...

I have a PS5 pre-order for my son. PS seem to offer a broader spectrum of child friendly/orientated games than on the xbox (console exclusive). So for him, its a no brainer (he's 6)

I on the other hand, have a series X pre-ordered. Simply because the majority of games i play, play better on an xbox (COD, Battlefield) and my friends are on that platform. Games Pass is exceptional value for money and with the recent addition of Bathesda/ID etc.....there are some great titles becoming exclusives. 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom