PS5 General Chat

Just got email from smyths preorder in for the digital version

yup MM I guess. But horizon I took that from what was shown as being yeah proper PS5 level. So I agree I am bummed about that too.
I just don’t believe that a game can truly make use of the SSD etc and then run it on a PS4. Yeah bumps to res and so on. But yeah.

that is a big bummer I agree ☹️☹️

Either that or PS4 versions are going to be properly gimped, missing key features. 🤷‍♂️

Sold. I got the platinum for Spiderman so Miles is day one for me. I've got the base ps4, didn't get the pro so I'm ready to upgrade. My 4k player packed up so that will also help.

I thought that it make good business sense for Sony and only Sony (not the game puiblishers or existing PS4 customers) to force these games on to PS5 only so I could see it happening, but what annoys me is they knew it wasn't going to happen and just didn't say anything, I wonder what else if anything isnt been said yet ? love or hate MS they have been about as transparent this year as humanly possible where are Sony motto is - Say nothing and we wont have to tell no lies at the moment.

I am concerned that I cannot trust them now, what if any other titles are PS4 as well !
Also SSD usage in new Horizon and spiderman MM is therefore optional = load times only (which is nice though)

So confused - its only a games console, I think I need to sleep on it or just buy one and shut up.

I am looking forward to Demon's Souls and Spidey MM. But honestly I'm in no rush to play those. Think I'm happy to wait for closer to GoW Ragnarok and hope there's a black or dark grey ps5 by then.

Looks like I'll bag one with the new God of War then, as not feeling the need to have one at launch.

Either that or PS4 versions are going to be properly gimped, missing key features. 🤷‍♂️
Not sure how 110 million PS4 owner will feel about that?
That’s why Sony are doing it. Right?

More likely it’ll be a PS4 game with a bump - like MM has - faux 4K/60 or native 4K/30 - neither could be done on PS4. Maybe some RT but the demo of MM didn’t have RT - puddles at start were flat. Maybe HZD will have RT and some res bump.

As you say this is a 21 game - so are we taking Xmas 21 and GT7 as being whne we get going?

I wonder if GoW will be cross gen too. It would make sense if it’s early ish 21...

note GT7 and ratchet (and game that can only be done on PS5) we’re not shown at all. So they are for me going to be holiday 21

Last edited:
I thought that it make good business sense for Sony and only Sony (not the game puiblishers or existing PS4 customers) to force these games on to PS5 only so I could see it happening, but what annoys me is they knew it wasn't going to happen and just didn't say anything, I wonder what else if anything isnt been said yet ? love or hate MS they have been about as transparent this year as humanly possible where are Sony motto is - Say nothing and we wont have to tell no lies at the moment.

I am concerned that I cannot trust them now, what if any other titles are PS4 as well !
Also SSD usage in new Horizon and spiderman MM is therefore optional = load times only (which is nice though)

So confused - its only a games console, I think I need to sleep on it or just buy one and shut up.
Makes more business sense for Sony to release games in both ps4 (upto 110m owners) and ps5 (probably less than 10m owner by half year release) so can't really blame them (or any other game devs) for releasing on several platforms.

Obv in an ideal world there would be ps5 and xbsx only games, but until a solid install base is established its unlikely.

if so they will sit on it until the last moment most likely.

@Robohamster - totally I posted that months ago, I am pleased its borne out but annoyed the information was sat on since it was shown, What we think the devs turned around last week and said, you know what , we could actually get this working on a PS4 ! Call Japan now !

Sorry this reads like a rant but this is to me the definition of treating your customers in a shady way, what is going on in Sony at the moment ? Still, game will hopefully be different enough from the last one to justify the £50 price tag.

Last edited:
Makes more business sense for Sony to release games in both ps4 (upto 110m owners) and ps5 (probably less than 10m owner by half year release) so can't really blame them (or any other game devs) for releasing on several platforms.

Obv in an ideal world there would be ps5 and xbsx only games, but until a solid install base is established its unlikely.
Indeed the pitch is simple. The numbers as you say make it obvious why. And it alwyas did.

The weird thing was many comments on here didn’t seems to get that or thought cross gen was holding stuff back. until Sony did it 🤷🏻‍♂️

it’s why MS are doing it too. MS just came out and said it. Sony put it in the small print after the show.

I’m also on the fence. Probably will wait and just carry on playing on my Pro and One X until at least the new year. There’s not enough exclusive stuff for my liking to justify a PS5 at launch and given the power advantage of the Series X, that’s likely the best place to play the multi plat games. Unfortunately, given the size of the Series X, I won’t be going for that either just yet.

The only thing that could change my view on this is if the new consoles play TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk at 60fps at launch, which I’m guessing is unrealistic. Given I still have tons to play on my Pro and One X, and will get Fifa on release, I can’t see a reason to buy either new gen console just yet, especially if the new Spider-Man and HzD will be on the PS4 (which is cool).

I don’t want to bang on about this (but I will anyway), if the new consoles weren’t so massive, I would buy both at launch, but as it stands it’s going to take effort to accommodate them in my setup and I’m not sure I can be bothered for now.

When I do buy a PS5, I’ll go for the disc version (although I think the £90 difference is a bit too much). Always good to have an extra 4K/blu ray drive for films too!

Do we know how big it is yet?

PS5: Approx. 390mm x 104mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)(excludes largest projection, excludes Base)

PS5 Digital Edition: Approx. 390mm x 92mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)(excludes largest projection, excludes Base)

PS5: Approx. 390mm x 104mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)(excludes largest projection, excludes Base)

PS5 Digital Edition: Approx. 390mm x 92mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)(excludes largest projection, excludes Base)

Is that confirmed from Sony?
That's chunky!

What does ‘excludes largest projection’ mean?! Whats the point of giving dimensions that do not take into account the entire item?!

Cheers. Ethernet, HDMI, Power AMD 2 x USB? Or is it 1 USB and 1 Camera port?
USB Type-A port (Hi-Speed USB) USB Type-A port (Super-Speed USB 10Gbps) x2
USB Type-C® port (Super-Speed USB 10Gbps)

What does ‘excludes largest projection’ mean?! Whats the point of giving dimensions that do not take into account the entire item?!

no idea what they mean by that doesn't say, I could guess maybe the Disc drive part for the Disc version but no clue for the Digital.

Indeed the pitch is simple. The numbers as you say make it obvious why. And it alwyas did.

The weird thing was many comments on here didn’t seems to get that or thought cross gen was holding stuff back. until Sony did it 🤷🏻‍♂️

it’s why MS are doing it too. MS just came out and said it. Sony put it in the small print after the show.

Cross-gen absolutely holds stuff back.

But you kinda expect and accept it around launch, but what happened to “we believe in generations”?

Of course Xbox got around the problem by just not having any first party games in the first year 🤪

no idea what they mean by that doesn't say, I could guess maybe the Disc drive part for the Disc version but no clue for the Digital.

They might mean the lippy bit that sticks out at the front.

Anyway, confirmed that it’ll fit in my unit so happy days.

Seriously underwhelmed after what ive just seen. So much so that i've done a U-turn and plan on getting the Series X instead. My daughter wants the S for her Birthday so i'll buy both of those and wait on the PS5 for more sony exclusive goodness.

To be perfectly honest im not even remotely arsed about either. Neither console give me that excitement about pre ordering and it feels like im in it just for the nice extras of quick resume, better fps etc.

I think we've all had a shitty year and it would of been nice to get blown away by one of these next gen offerings. To me it just feels like the ps4 pro and xbox one x reveals again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom