PS5 General Chat

YouTube accounts and Twitch accounts and Twitter accounts... They're all free and hardly exclusive.
I Thought everybody had a YouTube account nowadays... Seriously, am I in a minority, having a Youtube account?

No, you're not, You Tube is massively popular with the internet generation as is Twitch amongst gamers. Quite surprised to hear that the majority of gamers don't use you tube, first I'd heard, its a great resource for gaming..

No, you're not, You Tube is massively popular with the internet generation as is Twitch amongst gamers. Quite surprised to hear that the majority of gamers don't use you tube, first I'd heard, its a great resource for gaming..

I didn't say most don't use Youtube, just would imagine most don't have their own youtube channel for want of a better term. I use youtube for all sorts of stuff, gaming and everything else, but don't have a channel set up and expect most are in the same situation.

I'd say most people do have a you tube account, which was your original complaint, its certainly the best way to manage subscriptions, videos and personal video content..

Hey!!!! thought you'd blocked him so you didn't get into these things?!?!

I have, but I made the mistake of clicking on "ignored content" and couldn't resist that one.

I started following this thread to talk about the ps5 but why is it that everytime someone says something positive or talks about the ps5 in general, someone has to reply saying about how much better the xbox is. It gets a bit tiresome after a while.

I presume there is no one saying anything on the XSX thread as there's nothing exciting to talk about ;)

Personally I really don't understand how we still have this fanboy rubbish after so long/ Most of us gamers are now in their 40s and should be very happy we will get to game on these amazing machines, both of which I am sure will be awesome.

Just be thankful the PC master race isn't popping into this thread! lol

You know what I think we need? Another thread.

"The Share Button Appreciation Thread".

We don't want this thread beginning to descend into chaos.... o_O

:D

I'd say most people do have a you tube account, which was your original complaint, its certainly the best way to manage subscriptions, videos and personal video content..

I have a youtube account for subs etc, as im sure most do. In my case that's linked to my gmail account sign in etc as its owned by Google. I don't however post videos up myself as a youtube channel, which was what i meant. I dont want anything lnked to my main Google ID hence don't comment on vids etc either. To set up a different user tag you have to take further measures which i think may be like setting up your own channel and too much hassle. Not sure why you can't just have an account and choose a visible username same as everything else.

Anyway for clarity it wasnt't a complaint as you say, it was just my observations on it. Ive also said how great a feature it must be for people who post videos on YouTube ot use twitch, but still think its a wasted opportunity for the majority who i doubt do.

I have a youtube account for subs etc, as im sure most do. In my case that's linked to my gmail account sign in etc as its owned by Google. I don't however post videos up myself as a youtube channel, which was what i meant. I dont want anything lnked to my main Google ID hence don't comment on vids etc either. To set up a different user tag you have to take further measures which i think may be like setting up your own channel and too much hassle. Not sure why you can't just have an account and choose a visible username same as everything else.

Anyway for clarity it wasnt't a complaint as you say, it was just my observations on it. Ive also said how great a feature it must be for people who post videos on YouTube ot use twitch, but still think its a wasted opportunity for the majority who i doubt do.
A Youtube account is a channel... so you have the functionality to upload straight to youtube as the share button intends, but you prefer not to... That's fine.
You can share to your PS contacts and appear in the feed as you do this should you choose to.

To suggest that the feature is niche, or something that many people wouldn't need or use is a bit wide of the mark, when it is only that you yourself choose not to use it.
All it takes is an additional gmail account for gaming stuff, if it's really an issue for you to have it linked to your personal Google account.

Horses for courses.

Both the share features on the current consoles is poor. It’s the underlaying Software that is the issue and adding or not having a button doesn’t fix that. I expect Mixer, Twitch and the like to be be an important part of the design or perhaps even integrated into the console os as opposed to an afterthought with the current apps.

Streaming is the next frontier for console gaming, especially with crossplay set to be the standard on big titles like COD, Fortnite and it could force EA hand as well.

beginning to? :p

Well I estimate it probably all started getting a bit messy around Page 2 :p

We're fast approaching 100 pages though, and none of us really know anything yet. We're still all Jon Snow's :laugh:

Maybe the 100th page will mystically coincide with the release of some information....

Both the share features on the current consoles is poor. It’s the underlaying Software that is the issue and adding or not having a button doesn’t fix that. I expect Mixer, Twitch and the like to be be an important part of the design or perhaps even integrated into the console os as opposed to an afterthought with the current apps.

Streaming is the next frontier for console gaming, especially with crossplay set to be the standard on big titles like COD, Fortnite and it could force EA hand as well.

I think a share button is a good thing. And really useful for lots of reasons. But still reckon majority don't use it. How many people want to share their stuff via stream or youtube etc? I guess kids possibly do way more than older gamers so perhaps we're just out of touch.

But I do think gaming content has shifted in past few years since start of generation - streamers are established now I don't think many are going to bother streaming their stuff like people wanted to back in 2014 because the market is established and saturated, like youtube gaming was back then.

A Youtube account is a channel... so you have the functionality to upload straight to youtube as the share button intends, but you prefer not to... That's fine.
You can share to your PS contacts and appear in the feed as you do this should you choose to.

To suggest that the feature is niche, or something that many people wouldn't need or use is a bit wide of the mark, when it is only that you yourself choose not to use it.
All it takes is an additional gmail account for gaming stuff, if it's really an issue for you to have it linked to your personal Google account.

Horses for courses.

Fair play, i didnt even realise it was as straightforward as that to upload vids to youtube, ie just a basic account. Regardless, the fact ive used it since it started yet never had any inclination to post any of my own videos on there sort of proves my point anyway. Its a tiny fraction of users that do post vids and I'd expect that to be the same with PS4 users.

Either way choice is good so don't get me wrong, just think itd be even better if you could just simply share to your account as an option instead of doing it via YouTube.

I think a share button is a good thing. And really useful for lots of reasons. But still reckon majority don't use it. How many people want to share their stuff via stream or youtube etc? I guess kids possibly do way more than older gamers so perhaps we're just out of touch.

But I do think gaming content has shifted in past few years since start of generation - streamers are established now I don't think many are going to bother streaming their stuff like people wanted to back in 2014 because the market is established and saturated, like youtube gaming was back then.

Agreed not all will want to stream but I feel it’s not just the streaming part though, it’s the capability of the inbuilt dvr as both consoles are pretty basic in this respect; granted they where ok for the time of release. Ultimately for me voice control is where it’s at as even with a share button it slows you down as you have to choose video, screenshot or stream. This could work well with the PS5 controller inbuilt mic.

With MS buying Mixer and Sony going onto the Azure infrastructure could we see collaboration between the two companies here as well?

Fair play, i didnt even realise it was as straightforward as that to upload vids to youtube, ie just a basic account. Regardless, the fact ive used it since it started yet never had any inclination to post any of my own videos on there sort of proves my point anyway. Its a tiny fraction of users that do post vids and I'd expect that to be the same with PS4 users.

Either way choice is good so don't get me wrong, just think itd be even better if you could just simply share to your account as an option instead of doing it via YouTube.

Using Youtube is purely down to Sony not having the infrastructure or capacity to support this. MS have Azure (onedrive) and sell that as a product so the infrastructure is already in place as it’s a core business for them. I reckon you will see this option as a core part of Sony’s new PS5 OS.

You can share to youtube etc, but in reality how many have YouTube pages to do that
Have you met @Jimster71 ;) i've done a resonable amount of YouTube uploading for stuff too. In my circle i'd say it's not unpopular.

As for the built in mic, i wouldn't get too excited about that just yet. For actual party chat i would expect it will be awful quality and pick up everything in the room so really annoying if you hear other players using it.
Good to know. How's the feel of the buttons? Are they worse than the Elite, any other comments on DS5 ergonmics from your experience?

Good to know. How's the feel of the buttons? Are they worse than the Elite, any other comments on DS5 ergonmics from your experience?

Perhaps you should actually read things in context before acting like an idiot. I responded to a comment soneone made highlighting featues of the DS5 and Elite 2, stating with the Elite you still needed a headset because it has no mic, hence suggesting it'll be a suitable alternative.

Obviously it wont perform as well as any decent headset so it was a pretty pointless argument. Itll have its uses as I've already commented on, but imo party chat won't be one of them, at least not to any decent standard.

Besides, i simply said i "expect' it'll be poor quality picking up background noise same as people who used kinect for chat, at no point suggesting i know as fact. Its called an opinion, get over it.

Have you met @Jimster71 ;) i've done a resonable amount of YouTube uploading for stuff too. In my circle i'd say it's not unpopular.

I'm hoping we get improved streaming and recording functionality on the new consoles. I use an external capture device these days, because the quality is much better, especially when recording VR gameplay.

Perhaps you should actually read things in context before acting like an idiot. I responded to a comment soneone made highlighting featues of the DS5 and Elite 2, stating with the Elite you still needed a headset because it has no mic, hence suggesting it'll be a suitable alternative.

Obviously it wont perform as well as any decent headset so it was a pretty pointless argument. Itll have its uses as I've already commented on, but imo party chat won't be one of them, at least not to any decent standard.

Besides, i simply said i "expect' it'll be poor quality picking up background noise same as people who used kinect for chat, at no point suggesting i know as fact. Its called an opinion, get over it.
Lets not bait each other and argue about stuff that nobody has seen eh?

Cool. I guess that's similar to microphones they have on other tech

The haptics in the switch controllers are great but possibly under utilised. Wonder if we’ll see more of it with the dual sense? Is there still motion control in the new pad? Will developers make more use of the touchpad now?

Games previews needed ASAP!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom