PS5 General Chat

They are already selling PS5s at my local Game store...

Selling or putting your name on an interested list? I doubt they're actually taking deposits / orders as such yet?

Selling or putting your name on an interested list? I doubt they're actually taking deposits / orders as such yet?
I was just mocking the idea that is going to be released next month, as suggested above.

I bloody hate all this speculation, specs being under wraps I get but how it looks? What does it matter?

I bloody hate all this speculation, specs being under wraps I get but how it looks? What does it matter?
Don't think it was shown until E3 last time. Seeing as they're not going there this year I wonder when they will.

Don't think it was shown until E3 last time. Seeing as they're not going there this year I wonder when they will.

The reveal for PS4 was before E3 in February of that year do everyone expects it to be similar this year but who knows. Will definitely be before E3 though.

The reveal for PS4 was before E3 in February of that year do everyone expects it to be similar this year but who knows. Will definitely be before E3 though.
We were talking about the console itself.

IIRC they showed the DS4 but not the actual PS4 at the launch event last time. As others have said the console reveal came at E3 a few months later.

Tbh I don’t care whatit looks like so long as it’s black, fits in my Tv unit and isn’t too noisy.

Tbh I don’t care whatit looks like so long as it’s black, fits in my Tv unit and isn’t too noisy.

Same here, really not bothered about the look of it. Can always guarantee it’ll be more interesting than the usual Microsoft box though.

So...you don't care what it looks like at all, apart from the colour and the size and shape? :D

Everything is to be taken with a pinch of salt. That said - I’m starting to think PS5 is a little more capable than what people thought it was. Mark Cerny, take a bow perhaps. . .

As always, large pinch of salt. . .
7097CA6C-3F38-498E-83B6-6B88ACE02206.jpeg

there are a lot of references to what is or isn't better than sex in that...I must be getting old....:confused:

For those who think that the PS5 and Xbox Series X will be graphically superior to PS4 and Xbox One, read the following:

I am not an expert, so I read that with an open mind. They don’t offer anything to back it up in terms of hardware, software, benchmarks or any analysis or logic at all. The entire argument is based on a comment or two by a developer who I have never heard of, which means little, but more importantly that Google has hardly heard of. In fact that interview is one of the few things it has got on him.

I am not an expert, so I read that with an open mind. They don’t offer anything to back it up in terms of hardware, software, benchmarks or any analysis or logic at all. The entire argument is based on a comment or two by a developer who I have never heard of, which means little, but more importantly that Google has hardly heard of. In fact that interview is one of the few things it has got on him.

Exactly, no real proof. As with all new consoles the initial graphical leap won’t be that huge, probably full 4K with smooth frame rates, more particle effects and so on.
It will be in several years when we start seeing a real change.

It’s been that way every generation and takes time for devs to unlock the potential.

Not a single mention of ray tracing in that article.

The biggest changes will be the additional CPU power and the fast storage allows more things in a game to be done at once

I think we pretty much hit a resolution dead end at 4K unless people start gaming on some pretty enormous screens, but there’s more to graphical fidelity than resolution.

Agree with @shoestring25 that Ray Tracing, improved CPUs and SSDs will be the game changers for next gen.

Theres a lot of talk of next gen consoles regarding ray tracing, so decided to google what it will bring to the table per se.

Am I right that it’s just going to add reflections to puddles and make shadows more realistic?

probably me being a cynic, and feel free to link some ray tracing videos to get me more enthusiastic about it but...

based on the YouTube videos I’ve watched, I’m struggling to see what it’s going to really add to the gaming experience?

Theres a lot of talk of next gen consoles regarding ray tracing, so decided to google what it will bring to the table per se.

Am I right that it’s just going to add reflections to puddles and make shadows more realistic?

probably me being a cynic, and feel free to link some ray tracing videos to get me more enthusiastic about it but...

based on the YouTube videos I’ve watched, I’m struggling to see what it’s going to really add to the gaming experience?
As daft as it sounds have a look at the Minecraft RTX videos. Maybe even the Control ones too.

I think the raytracing will be a big feature as it brings in a lot more reality to games.

I think we pretty much hit a resolution dead end at 4K unless people start gaming on some pretty enormous screens, but there’s more to graphical fidelity than resolution.

Agree with @shoestring25 that Ray Tracing, improved CPUs and SSDs will be the game changers for next gen.

look to Nvidia for examples of what Ray Tracing can do:

Also see any CGI film, or a film with big effects like The Avengers type of films, all stuffed full of computer generated ray tracing.
For films it’s taken masses of computing power to achieve, its been a pinnacle goal of home graphics for years and so will make a huge impact if used correctly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom