PS5 General Chat

We're not really debating value, just which is better. As I previously said, the value is with the consoles IMO.

In reference to your second point, I see this argument so much and I don't understand it. What do you do on consoles? You have to deal with 20-30fps stuttery horrible gameplay *remembers playing GOW 4K on Ps4 Pro*. On the PC side of things, you have many options for optimising the image and framerate. This ranges from downscaling the resolution slightly, decreasing shadows, turning on the image sharpening which is available on Nvidia and AMD cards which is pretty much very performance friendly at this stage etc.

I don't see how the display comes into this. I'm a big proponent of using an OLED as a PC gaming display.

Once again, we're debating which is better, NOT value. Value will nearly always lie with the cheaper products in technology; because technology is very akin to cars, they just depreciate and become useless. I'd prefer to stick with a gaming PC and an OLED, being able to take advantage of that buttery smooth Gsync and when I feel like I want a bit more fludiity, that 120hz panel at 1440p with Nvidia sharpening to enhance the image.

hmmm last time I checked most games run at 40 to 60FPS? Not sure where your getting your information from? I have no issues with it certainly, plus I just need to press a button on the controller turn the telly on and game.. now a PC can sleep but I bet it’s using more power doing so with a game running then a console?

What your portraying is what you like, spending thousands on a computer, hand building it, dealing with software bugs and driver optimisation, fiddling with lots of different graphics settings to get the fastest frame rate with pretty graphics. Basically lots of fiddling to get the best graphics possible and fast frame rates.
That does NOT make it a better platform, that makes it a platform YOU prefer, their is no ‘which is better’, it’s better for your in ‘your opinion’.

If you don’t have the time for all that, a fair few don’t, then a console is a great alternative and for ‘them’ it’s the better platform, because it’s easy to use and you get straight into a game.
Personally I’d rather worry about the best add on for my gun in COD to help with dealing with kids with reaction times waaayyyy faster then mine lol!

@apolloa
What @aoaaron is forgetting is the main drawback to gaming on a PC. You have to deal with never having had sex in your life..........:rotfl:

So true, I used to be a PC gamer and never had sex. Got a PS3 and it’s been non-stop since lol :laugh:

Not sure about the comment made above about GOW stuttery 20-30fps on a Pro. Recently finished it and it was pretty perfectly stable all the way through.

I do love the idea of PC gaming and used to enjoy all the upgrading and that side but definitely don’t miss all the driver issues and spending hours configuring graphics and so on. It is the leader for e-sports but when you see the likes of GT Sport competitions and finals in Monaco with people like Lewis Hamilton and others shows consoles can do it just as well.

So true, I used to be a PC gamer and never had sex. Got a PS3 and it’s been non-stop since lol :laugh:

Not sure about the comment made above about GOW stuttery 20-30fps on a Pro. Recently finished it and it was pretty perfectly stable all the way through.

I do love the idea of PC gaming and used to enjoy all the upgrading and that side but definitely don’t miss all the driver issues and spending hours configuring graphics and so on. It is the leader for e-sports but when you see the likes of GT Sport competitions and finals in Monaco with people like Lewis Hamilton and others shows consoles can do it just as well.

At 4k it definitely went below 30fps. Check out the digital foundry review. I also played it at that setting so I know. 😂😂

In performance mode it was a bit better but the frame pacing was jarring. Also gow deserves high graphical fidelity.

Same with botw when I played it.

Both were phenomenal beautiful games.

But yeah.. I’m not saying pc gaming is better value. I’m just saying it’s better (which I dunno why ppl argue as it’s obv given the price tag)

Last edited:
hmmm last time I checked most games run at 40 to 60FPS? Not sure where your getting your information from? I have no issues with it certainly, plus I just need to press a button on the controller turn the telly on and game.. now a PC can sleep but I bet it’s using more power doing so with a game running then a console?

What your portraying is what you like, spending thousands on a computer, hand building it, dealing with software bugs and driver optimisation, fiddling with lots of different graphics settings to get the fastest frame rate with pretty graphics. Basically lots of fiddling to get the best graphics possible and fast frame rates.
That does NOT make it a better platform, that makes it a platform YOU prefer, their is no ‘which is better’, it’s better for your in ‘your opinion’.

If you don’t have the time for all that, a fair few don’t, then a console is a great alternative and for ‘them’ it’s the better platform, because it’s easy to use and you get straight into a game.
Personally I’d rather worry about the best add on for my gun in COD to help with dealing with kids with reaction times waaayyyy faster then mine lol!

Built my pc and now just click play on whatever game I wanna play. If I want to mod one, I can and it’s easy. There’s not a lot of tinkering at all. The initial setup is a pain. Tbh I didn’t even build mine. My dad did. I’d personally just pay someone like oveclockers to build if. 😂😂

You don’t need to fiddle with settings. You just have option to do it if you want more performance. (The only game I’ve fiddled with recently is rdr2)

I don’t know why you are bringing up the argument I already presented. I said earlier consoles win on convenance and value. I’m not arguing against that, consoles are easier to use for sure.

At 4k it definitely went below 30fps. Check out the digital foundry review. I also played it at that setting so I know. 😂😂

In performance mode it was a bit better but the frame pacing was jarring. Also gow deserves high graphical fidelity.

Same with botw when I played it.

Both were phenomenal beautiful games.

But yeah.. I’m not saying pc gaming is better value. I’m just saying it’s better (which I dunno why ppl argue as it’s obv given the price tag)

Ah yes I was playing in performance mode I think - didn't see any issue with frame rate but maybe running off SSD helped a bit :)

And yes - amazing game!

Can we just leave the PC talk out of this? I don't know why we need to compare consoles and PCs.

Can we just leave the PC talk out of this? I don't know why we need to compare consoles and PCs.

Because PCs are better than everything else ever invented!.... :rotfl:
I always go into the Ford forums and go on about how Aston Martins are so much better hehe

Feeling like a very long month waiting for any PS5 news as I feel we are so very close to hearing about something.

This isn't a shocker and I wouldn't be surprised if E3 ends within the next couple of years. This year the ESA wanted E3 to be more focused on celebrities and influencers rather than video games, for the 'main' event they wanted to host a basketball game or something.

Wow I am really surprised on a new console launch year they aren't attending - I mean they don't need to be there but I would have placed money that they would be. Last year made sense (at least to me) as Sony didn't have a lot of new stuff to show at the time, but this year ? I wonder if this PR move related to a spec's thing and they don't want to be on the show floor with xTflops vs yTflops conversations happening and not in there favour, irrelevant of what actual difference that might make in the long run.

Because PCs are better than everything else ever invented!.... :rotfl:
I always go into the Ford forums and go on about how Aston Martins are so much better hehe

Feeling like a very long month waiting for any PS5 news as I feel we are so very close to hearing about something.

Haha I don't think I started it with the mentioning of drawing comparisons between PCs and consoles, somoene else did!

PS5 I'm really torn. I had the PS4, upgraded to the pro. Its left a nasty taste in my mouth as to if consoles are going to revise and make slimmer models.. I really don't mind. But the spec boost really irks me.

This isn't a shocker and I wouldn't be surprised if E3 ends within the next couple of years. This year the ESA wanted E3 to be more focused on celebrities and influencers rather than video games, for the 'main' event they wanted to host a basketball game or something.

I thought they would have attended this year, in that case wonder when they WILL reveal all the PS5 specs and price and launch date? Rumours are suggesting at the end of this event they are holding January through February.. but I don’t think it’s in London. Interesting times and must be a worry for E3 organisers that both Sony and Microsoft have shunned there event for their new console launches.. the stead both have chowing a different route to show the new machines.

I thought they would have attended this year, in that case wonder when they WILL reveal all the PS5 specs and price and launch date? Rumours are suggesting at the end of this event they are holding January through February.. but I don’t think it’s in London. Interesting times and must be a worry for E3 organisers that both Sony and Microsoft have shunned there event for their new console launches.. the stead both have chowing a different route to show the new machines.
Sony are going to attend lots of other events around the world in the lead up to the release of the console, they will most likely feed us scraps of information at each event to keep us interested.

If it doesn't have a built in 3d printer I'm out. :laugh:

I do miss the old E3 days where the internet treated the big presentations as a competition. Yeah it was faux competition, but a bit of fun when not taken seriously..

I think the reason why they dont want to attend E3 anymore is the last time they attended they did something different and it didnt go down well with the journalists in attendance. so i think theyve basically said sod the games media we want to tell the fans what were doing not have the journalists tell them after the media have put in their opinion on any message sony were originally trying to say

also everything in E3 seems to get drowned out and quickly forgotten by the next trailer, next announcement the next conference at E3.

I can understand not wanting a game or console youve been working on to be either instantly dismissed or forgotten as soon as something else gets talked about

I think the death of E3 has come down to the obscene amount of money they want from gaming companies. It's far cheaper for Sony / Microsoft / Nintendo etc. to do their own thing.

Sony are going to attend lots of other events around the world in the lead up to the release of the console, they will most likely feed us scraps of information at each event to keep us interested.

If it doesn't have a built in 3d printer I'm out. :laugh:

We will have to see what happens in February I guess, or it’ll be scraps of info all year long.... and a 3D printer? Mate if it doesn’t come with a time machine I’ll be calling their customer services up and complaining non stop I can tell you! Hahaha...

I think the death of E3 has come down to the obscene amount of money they want from gaming companies. It's far cheaper for Sony / Microsoft / Nintendo etc. to do their own thing.

I didn’t realise till today they are charge millions more or less to attend! It’s not worth it! As you said hold your own event, even Microsoft hire there own hall and hold there own event, not actually part of E3, to save money..

I didn’t realise till today they are charge millions more or less to attend! It’s not worth it! As you said hold your own event, even Microsoft hire there own hall and hold there own event, not actually part of E3, to save money..

EA pretty much do the same thing - no presence at E3 yet announce their stuff during E3.

EA pretty much do the same thing - no presence at E3 yet announce their stuff during E3.

It's still seen as a good time of year to announce a load of things but I guess a lot of companies just don;t want to adhere to the ESA and their requirements\costs so much happier to run their own events but coincide with the hype of E3.

Either way there will be loads of PS5 reveals at E3 from publishers so we have that and hopefully by then the PS5 will have been revealed anyway :)

We will have to see what happens in February I guess, or it’ll be scraps of info all year long.... and a 3D printer? Mate if it doesn’t come with a time machine I’ll be calling their customer services up and complaining non stop I can tell you! Hahaha...

Slight correction - Microsoft own the theater across the road from the E3 convention - its the "Microsoft Theater" so they just have started using that. Its not to do with saving money they first started doing it to help stop so many leaks - they can control the space better and secondly because they wanted to have more fans in there than the convention centre could accomodate.

Slight correction - Microsoft own the theater across the road from the E3 convention - its the "Microsoft Theater" so they just have started using that. Its not to do with saving money they first started doing it to help stop so many leaks - they can control the space better and secondly because they wanted to have more fans in there than the convention centre could accomodate.

Didn’t know they owned it, still I bet they are saving money still and it probably gives them longer to setup and takedown the event. Not sure about the leaks though.. still I’ll be watching it all.

Only about 10 short months and we’ll all have our hands on a lovely new console. I highly doubt I’d go for anything other than a PS.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom