PS5 General Chat

That was, utterly dreadful... Mind bogglingly bad... I'm a bit shocked by it all to be honest.

It was tech heavy, which I get, due to the original "audience" that was to target, but nowhere in that did I think "Wow... this will be great".

A bit odd... need to see what it's capable of TBH.

It was what their GDC conference would have been ie for Devs this wasn't aimed for the public that is coming later most likely around what would have been E3.

My God, that was boring.
I'm still going Sony this generation but if I was in two minds, this was not a platform seller.
Very true, ultimately Playstation has much better games, (for me) so I’ll go for one but that presentation was really dry, and why couldn’t they Just have shown something to get us a bit excited?

so you cant put any NVMe drive in it, it has to be a sony validated PCIe 4.0-based drive with the bandwidth required to match Sony's spec

That was some dead beat presentation, if Sony keeps that going people will be turning heads to Xbox X series.

While the specs might be lower spec'd than Xbox, they could have shown some games/controller to make up for it. :facepalm:

Based on my experience of the PS4 Pro 'cooling solution' I'm pretty much out at this stage, although happy to be proved wrong.

I'll eagerly await hands on tests closer to the time but seriously think the Series X is first in line for my cash at this stage.
if you listened to what he said this approach is clearly designed to avoid the pro style noise, which is fixed in the very latest models

so you cant put any NVMe drive in it, it has to be a sony validated PCIe 4.0-based drive with the bandwidth required to match Sony's spec

It doesn't have to be 4.0 but it does have to be one that Sony has validated to ensure it will work, of course if you want one that comes close to the one Sony is using a drive that uses PCIe 4.0 would be needed but they are very new and currently over £200 for a 1TB

It was what their GDC conference would have been ie for Devs this wasn't aimed for the public that is coming later most likely around what would have been E3.
That's true, but they could have jazzed it up a bit seeingas it did instead get shown to the public.

I probably won't be day one this year anyway, I've got more important things that need paying for (unless I miraculously have excess cash by Nov) - so I might wait a bit and see how they compare. If its not consistent 4k 60fps and the XB is then I'll begrudge buying a ps5 over the XB, but on the other hand I'd not want to miss out on PS exclusives where as I'm not much of a fan of any of MS ones so far.

Digital foundry have broken down the speech and what it actually means, makes for a very interesting read, all those thinking it's less powerful than XBX might want to rethink that.

have you read that article? capped cpu, capped gpu those specs on the hardware are full flat out specs which at times ps5 wont even be running at those speeds?

That's true, but they could have jazzed it up a bit seeing as it did instead get shown to the public.

They have always shown the GDC conference and it's always been this way most don't bother watching because it's not aimed at the public so it's not advertised as much, I guess because people were screaming for info they chose to make more of an announcement for it, maybe they should have made it a bit more clear what it was going to be,

have you read that article? capped cpu, capped gpu those specs on the hardware are full flat out specs which at times ps5 wont even be running at those speeds?

Clearly you didn't read it, or most likely didn't understand it because that is not how it works..

That Digital Foundry article makes it sound less disappointing. Looking forward to seeing more about the design and hopefully the cooling will produce a cool running console for once.

It seems the secret sauce of the PS5 is the proprietary M.2 SSD. 5.5Gb is crazy fast.

Please understand this was a GDC presentation recorded some time ago and aimed towards industry insiders not consumers. I assume we’ll get a flashy presentation in the coming months.

Clearly you didn't read it, or most likely didn't understand it because that is not how it works..

It’s you that doesn’t understand. John Linneman of Digital Foundry....

He also goes onto say that devs will likely have more compromises on PS5 due to variable clocks. All in all, raw power, Xbox is way way ahead here in every metric bar SSD speed. Sony didn’t even mention VRS is it really RDNA 2?

Lol and so it begins. First we had the war against Covid-19. Now we have the legendary battle of the ages between Xbox and Sony fans. The self isolation will just ramp this upto fever pitch.

if you listened to what he said this approach is clearly designed to avoid the pro style noise, which is fixed in the very latest models
I’ve heard them all praise their cooling solutions in the past and the reality being much different. I’ve had two Pros and both have turned into absolute jet engines over time despite regular cleaning.
Meanwhile my One X maintains a much more consistent quieter tone.
Just think the recent pattern is Microsoft building the better hardware while Sony maintain the better catalogue.

Close the threads.

It's the only way to be sure.

:D

Last gen as a mod I successfully self isolated certain members from threads. User soundburst springs to mind. But what happened to him IRL makes it all very petty anyway. RIP Aaron.

I do remember the likes of Azzin getting the boot and the chuckle brothers banter between iwb and ZT 😂

2A29997D-E0B6-4E8E-B9CC-B3D43E207227.jpeg

Lol and so it begins. First we had the war against Covid-19. Now we have the legendary battle of the ages between Xbox and Sony fans. The self isolation will just ramp this upto fever pitch.
no war mate end of the day sony will still outsell xbox but when somethings in black and white and people try and justify certain things never right.

not a fan boy to either machine but xbox is king on power this gen.

I’ve heard them all praise their cooling solutions in the past and the reality being much different. I’ve had two Pros and both have turned into absolute jet engines over time despite regular cleaning.
Meanwhile my One X maintains a much more consistent quieter tone.
Just think the recent pattern is Microsoft building the better hardware while Sony maintain the better catalogue.
the quieter pro version they released which i have is still not quiet to my ears it is a slight improvement maybe..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom