PS5

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I’m not bothering this time around, I just never use a second controller and if I do ever need one, they’ll be in my local Argos to pick up.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Why? That sounds like a pretty minimum effort “upgrade”.

that's because It's not a next gen update it's just improving the BC modes as stated on the Jedi fallen order website

"Some of you may have noticed a new title update being downloaded for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™. Below you will find the release notes for this update, which improves backwards compatibility performance specifically on the latest generation of consoles".

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

Pavey

rustybin said:
Off topic, but I've spent more time on my PS5 since launch than I spent on my PS4 in the last 18 months. It's ace.
Weirdly, it's the opposite for me. The PS5 is downstairs with the 65" Oled but i rarely get the time to game there, so i thought i would try to get through my PS4 backlog (for games where supposedly the improved loading/framerate of the PS5 running them is not so much of an issue). Have been upstairs in my home office with the PS4 slim and a 46" 1080p set more recently than I can ever remember.

Do have a Days Gone game on the go on the PS5 though, which i haven't touched in probably three weeks.

Hope this post doesn't sound like i'm rubbing anyone nose in it that i have a PS5 and don't use it, hopefully it comes across more that (IMO) you don't need one yet.

Last edited:

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I’ve been on the Ps5 quite a bit too, but this happens every gen, bar a few games purchased for PS4 last year, I didn’t have it on too much.
Just bought WRC9 for £24 on the store, great game, hard but rewarding, will keep me going for a good while ...

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
Tested my PS5 with my cheap Thrustmaster wheel and it worked great. I have to take the PS5 up into my loft to use my “Pro“ driving setup. 😂

View attachment 1440206

That’s good to know, my thrustmaster T300 not used for months waiting for Gran Turismo 7.

Hopefully I won’t have any compatibility issues 🤞

8A0750C7-CFA6-4A56-ACE0-0CD7F6CDCC8A.jpeg

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
That’s very nice. Sony have stated that PS4 wheels are compatible with PS5 👍
When do you think/guess GT7 will be released?

My Fanatec works fine on PS5 so all the others should.
GT7 I’m expecting sometime 2022. I bet they will say late 2021 and then delay it again. No major issue as GT Sport is still fantastic.

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
That’s very nice. Sony have stated that PS4 wheels are compatible with PS5 👍
When do you think/guess GT7 will be released?
It’s a cheapish set up compared to some others. However I can’t accommodate anything more bigger.
Just like Lancia34 says I wouldn’t be surprised it slips into 2022 knowing Polyphony Digital track record.

Phil1975

Distinguished Member

Phil1975

Distinguished Member

Lee Moles

I need Black Faceplates. I launch i wasn't fussed but actually 2 months on, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I also wish the front Blue light when you turn on the machine stayed on. Looks cool

Chamberlain

I had my first real "wow-moment" with the ps5 today. When i first got my PS5 in november i got hooked on Days Gone which had a 60fps update and some small graphical improvements and i basically only played that, finished it a few weeks ago and didnt feel like playing anything else after but even though the game looked great it was still a PS4 game. But decided to try Miles Morales today and wow, the graphics are insane. I opted for resolution mode and got used to 30fps quickly so gonna stick with that because the ray tracing and resolution is just beautiful. Definitely glad we have the option to choose but in this game id rather sacrifice the fps to have better graphics, especially since 30fps felt smooth.

Is Miles Morales the best looking game on PS5 or are there other games that can top it?

Phil1975

Distinguished Member

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
I've tempted with DBZ vinyl skin/wrap especially this one.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 21.58.49.png

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
I had my first real "wow-moment" with the ps5 today. When i first got my PS5 in november i got hooked on Days Gone which had a 60fps update and some small graphical improvements and i basically only played that, finished it a few weeks ago and didnt feel like playing anything else after but even though the game looked great it was still a PS4 game. But decided to try Miles Morales today and wow, the graphics are insane. I opted for resolution mode and got used to 30fps quickly so gonna stick with that because the ray tracing and resolution is just beautiful. Definitely glad we have the option to choose but in this game id rather sacrifice the fps to have better graphics, especially since 30fps felt smooth.

Is Miles Morales the best looking game on PS5 or are there other games that can top it?

I think Demons Souls probably tops it purely because it’s a fantasy setting so the worlds and enemies look so different and stunning.
Ive not played Miles yet but from what I’ve seen from DF and the like I think Demons Souls does beat it for visuals.
I’ve never seen a game look that amazing.

Lee Moles

Anyone know the proper way to setup Child PSN accounts? I tried twice last night only for them to be immediately banned for breach of T&C's, but don't know specefically. so now i can see a nightmare with Sony to sort that.

I just want my son to be able to play my games including PS Now but have the age restrictions in place. A local account wont allow it.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I had played through Spider-Man remastered using the performance RT mode. Changing to Morales in the same mode there is a noticeable difference in the city, I thought it looked much sharper. Particle affects are everywhere in Morales not just with the additional powers he has.
It’s not just the same game with a new character, looks fantastic on PS5, but it’s short ...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG offers best ever OLED prices - for one week only
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches Bravia XR A80J OLED TVs in Europe
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window