PS5 General Chat

So Squadrons does work with the Dualsense as does Wipeout and Moss which I tried as well.
Oddly Squadrons was horrible to play now with loads of ghosting which I didn’t get in the other games I tried. There is an update but it wouldn’t download so have deleted and am re-downloading.

Anyone else tried Squadrons VR and got horrible ghosting? Definitely wasn’t on the PS4.

Thanks
Should be set for Christmas
Would you be kind enough to let me know if the ghosting clears

Even quicker is go left once on the bar.

So, single press of the PS button (press, not hold like the PS4 was).
Down.
Left once.
X
Turn off.

I think i'm going mad but i don't get this left option? I turn it off by scrolling right on the bar and turning it off from there.

Thanks
Should be set for Christmas
Would you be kind enough to let me know if the ghosting clears

Will do, no idea where it came from as it was fine on PS4 Pro and I redid the VR and camera setup as it’s a new console.
Hopefully fixed with a patch.

Ok the squadrons jerky ghosting is an issue and known about. Hoping it gets fixed but I’d say atm it’s not really playable as it’s headache inducing.
On the plus side the graphic quality is a lot better than my pro and much sharper.

Had my first little problem on PS5 today where I lost all sound, I'm not using a sound system or soundbar but it was a easy fix. I just pressed the PS button on the controller and scrolled over to power and hit the reset button and that fixed it. Messing with the sound settings on PS5 or the TV did not help and neither did turning everything off and on at the wall so just thought I'd share how I fixed mine to save anyone any hassle if they have the same issue at some point. Edit next time I switched the console on the sound was gone again so had to repeat the reset, tad annoying but hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Last edited:
So I've moved mine upstairs to go with my new Sony xh9005 and it's started coil whining. It's no big deal but is slightly annoying as it was silent previously.

So I've moved mine upstairs to go with my new Sony xh9005 and it's started coil whining. It's no big deal but is slightly annoying as it was silent previously.

Maybe the plug socket or extension lead you are using upstairs?

Given the problems some of you have been having, I seem to have (so far) been lucky. I’ve not had a single crash or shutdown. It’s been flawless. For the record, I’ve made a point of not using Rest Mode or external storage from day one. I knew there were problems with those two things, so I haven’t used them at all. I have a 2tb external ssd ready to go, but until I know things have been resolved that’ll stay in its box.

Was it on a 4K TV before? Coil whine (if it is that) tends to increase with load...so that might explain it. A lot of the recordings I’ve heard online though don’t sound like coil whine to me and more like a slightly loose fan.

Or a dodgy sticker...

Just had my first hard crash, Spider-Man remastered .. PS5 shutdown, had to power on from the console, dualsense while powering on wasn’t speaking to console.
So up it came and repaired it’s database, then a blank screen for 3 mins, had to power it off by the console (holding power button).
Came up fine thereafter ... we need more patches Sony / Insomniac !

Given the problems some of you have been having, I seem to have (so far) been lucky. I’ve not had a single crash or shutdown. It’s been flawless. For the record, I’ve made a point of not using Rest Mode or external storage from day one. I knew there were problems with those two things, so I haven’t used them at all. I have a 2tb external ssd ready to go, but until I know things have been resolved that’ll stay in its box.
I have been trying to break it so that i get a new one with next batch :)
All i have had is a couple of game crashes and front usb would not charge controller if plugged in after ps5 entered rest mode.
Forgot today how quick it booted turned on by controller from cold boot and thought make a coffee got to kitchen door it was ready to go :)
This is next gen 👍

Maybe the plug socket or extension lead you are using upstairs?
Yup, downstairs is plugged into an audioquest niagara 1200 so it's probably that.

Just had my first hard crash, Spider-Man remastered .. PS5 shutdown, had to power on from the console, dualsense while powering on wasn’t speaking to console.
So up it came and repaired it’s database, then a blank screen for 3 mins, had to power it off by the console (holding power button).
Came up fine thereafter ... we need more patches Sony / Insomniac !
I had a freeze loading demon's souls and had to pull the power lead out. I'll try holding the power button next time.

Yup, downstairs is plugged into an audioquest niagara 1200 so it's probably that.

Think mine might have slight coil whine. I can hear a very faint whir or low pitched whine but only when it is completely quiet in the room. Definitely nothing I notice during normal play.

Think mine might have slight coil whine. I can hear a very faint whir or low pitched whine but only when it is completely quiet in the room. Definitely nothing I notice during normal play.
Yeah I use my headphones a lot, it's no big issue.

Hi all..i have a ps5 and a ps4 in my daughters room how do I set it up to link the 2 machines for ps plus and alike.

Thanks.

You've not been lucky....you've just not been using the features that appear to be causing most crashes.

would the ps5 be the primary one?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom