PS5

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Is it just my inability to do anything correctly - I can't seem to see the Deals section in the PS Store via the console. There used to be a dedicated option in the left-hand column on the PS4 version of the store but I can't see that on the PS5. I don't want to buy anything (yet) but would've liked to be able to browse the Black Friday deals. I find this new store quick'n'slick but a little haphazard.

Somebody please point me in the right direction! Maybe I'm just repeatedly selecting the wrong things and going around in circles. :blush:

groover22

Is it just my inability to do anything correctly - I can't seem to see the Deals section in the PS Store via the console. There used to be a dedicated option in the left-hand column on the PS4 version of the store but I can't see that on the PS5. I don't want to buy anything (yet) but would've liked to be able to browse the Black Friday deals. I find this new store quick'n'slick but a little haphazard.

Somebody please point me in the right direction! Maybe I'm just repeatedly selecting the wrong things and going around in circles. :blush:
Black Friday deals banner about half way down the page. Before you get to the PS5 etc sections.

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
As this seems to be the crash reports section, I had my one and only so far last night - Digi, ext SSD connected, playing a PS5 game.

Demon's Souls, was in the lava bug tunnels, and got trapped by a lava bug with no way past after I'd stupidly been far too impatient about killing it... with about 25k souls. Anyhow, it blew me to bits and I think it shagged the geometry engine due to all the physics involved in splattering me all over a very tight dead end in a cave.

Thankfully, when I loaded back in, both it and I were back to full health, I was the right side of it, and I had all my souls. Lubbly jubbly.

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Still canโ€™t believe copying update files takes so long still, even PS5 games on the internal. Really no reason for it at all.

Smiler62

Iโ€™m getting a line of flickering white dots right at the top of my tv every now and then when Iโ€™m on the menu , settings or download screen ,anyone else getting this ?

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Still canโ€™t believe copying update files takes so long still, even PS5 games on the internal. Really no reason for it at all.

Hmm which games, there was a big update for Assassins creed Valhalla today and it was done in seconds nowhere near how it would be on PS4 which would take minutes

duffbeerdrinker

Distinguished Member
I updated Spiderman MM today and it took a long time even though the update file was under 300mb.
I thought the SSD would solve this problem but apparently not.

Chamberlain

This PS5 has really brought back my interest in gaming, was a long time ago i played multiple days in a row. Cant wait to see how it will be once developers have had more time with the console.

Stinja

I updated Spiderman MM today and it took a long time even though the update file was under 300mb.
I'd always do the PS5 network test if it was that slow, rule out it's at your end, or talking to PSN.

All updates have been really fast, much more so than PS4, so far for me.

duffbeerdrinker

Distinguished Member
Maybe I should explain better. The download was quick but the "copying" stage was very slow.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Maybe I should explain better. The download was quick but the "copying" stage was very slow.

I was referring to the Copying when I mentioned the Valhalla update, all of them so far have been very fast, maybe it's to do with the games I dunno.

Lancia34

Distinguished Member

Yep itโ€™s just the copying. Mine was the Demons Souls patch which wasnโ€™t very big at all, maybe 800mb. Took 5 minutes to copy!

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Yep itโ€™s just the copying. Mine was the Demons Souls patch which wasnโ€™t very big at all, maybe 800mb. Took 5 minutes to copy!

Which is odd. For PS4 games, it is creating a full new image of the game, so even a 10MB patch will result in a copy of the full file size.

For PS5 it is meant to do partial updates, much like on PC, so the 'copy' part should be much quicker.

The internal PS5 drive should be able to shift 800MB in less than a second.

duffbeerdrinker

Distinguished Member
I think it's just a very buggy console. I hope they get it fixed soon.
Crashes are starting to annoy me.

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Which is odd. For PS4 games, it is creating a full new image of the game, so even a 10MB patch will result in a copy of the full file size.

For PS5 it is meant to do partial updates, much like on PC, so the 'copy' part should be much quicker.

The internal PS5 drive should be able to shift 800MB in less than a second.

Yeh I donโ€™t think itโ€™s doing that. I think itโ€™s copying the whole game. 50GB and 5 minutes or so seems like a full copy. Maybe devs not sorted that yet and need to change how they patch.

Chamberlain

This is making me worried, copying files on ps4 was dreadful. I have only been downloading ps4 games on my ps5 so far so i dont think i've had to update games yet. No matter what i did on the ps4 my download speed was dreadful and i have 200/200mb speed so fingers crossed this will be handled better on ps5

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Itโ€™s such a Sony thing to do for it not to be announced.

Going through the comments lots are saying its been debunked?

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
This is making me worried, copying files on ps4 was dreadful. I have only been downloading ps4 games on my ps5 so far so i dont think i've had to update games yet. No matter what i did on the ps4 my download speed was dreadful and i have 200/200mb speed so fingers crossed this will be handled better on ps5

Download speed is much better, perfectly acceptable. Itโ€™s just the copy speed Iโ€™ve seen with Demons Souls so far.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...

Latest News

Philips debuts fifth generation P5 Picture Processing Suite
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Philips introduces new 9206 and 8506 LED Android TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs
  • By Andy Bassett