PS5

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
No offence but you have no idea it’s noisier than the Xbox, weird comment to make!

Plus having a quiet Pro means you are one of the blessed ones, I’ve heard of another guy but don’t think he actually existed :)
Hi! Ive got 2, and they’re both quiet 🙃

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
Probably scifi, fantasy, action (preferably not the completely brainless ones) :smashin:
The ones above i sort of vetted already for my tastes.

Try to avoid period dramas and horror, as Mrs Stinja would make me watch the former (and TBF some are fine), and doesnt like the letter.
The latest avengers films are all also fantastic in 4K HDR mate.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
The Xbox 360 was the loudest console ever, and MS did a great job of making the XB One quiet to rectify that mistake.
No reason At ALL why Sony can't do the same, or better, with the PS5 after not spending enough attention to that area on the PS4.

apolloa

Distinguished Member
The Xbox 360 was the loudest console ever, and MS did a great job of making the XB One quiet to rectify that mistake.
No reason At ALL why Sony can't do the same, or better, with the PS5 after not spending enough attention to that area on the PS4.
The PS3 was also loud and they also had very loud launch PS4’s and PS4 Pro’s which they then fixed later on after a year for the launch model! Plus the fact the PS5 fan can spin faster as well as slower with these new firmware profiles they’ll be uploading. So whilst it could still indeed be quieter then the PS4 Pro, it does not mean it will be quiet all the time and certainly not quieter then the Series X.
Fan noise is an are Sony will have to prove over time they it’s resolved the issue. But don’t be surprised if after a system update you suddenly find it noisier in certain games then it used to be.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
As long as it isn't too loud (as in really noticeable) I'm wont be fussed.

I will be surprised if it is.

Demon Luci

Distinguished Member
The PS5 should be a trade-off between gargantuan size and quietness. If it's that size and loud I'd be very surprised (and disappointed).

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
The PS3 was also loud and they also had very loud launch PS4’s and PS4 Pro’s which they then fixed later on after a year for the launch model! Plus the fact the PS5 fan can spin faster as well as slower with these new firmware profiles they’ll be uploading. So whilst it could still indeed be quieter then the PS4 Pro, it does not mean it will be quiet all the time and certainly not quieter then the Series X.
Fan noise is an are Sony will have to prove over time they it’s resolved the issue. But don’t be surprised if after a system update you suddenly find it noisier in certain games then it used to be.
I had 2 ps3s and neither were anything like my 360, that was ridiculous.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
I have a launch Pro which at times is way too noisy, so anything quieter will be a bonus, so it shouldn't be difficult.

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
Why are Sony being like this.If you’ve got a fantastic new console you want to show it off to the world not hide it away.They should be like little kids at Christmas full of excitement and want to share it with the world.They don’t seem very confident in there product to me.
Patience...

"The PS5 build up is like making love to a beautiful woman.........."

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
Patience...

"The PS5 build up is like making love to a beautiful woman.........."
Nah... apart from laying out about £500 for the privilege I see absolutely no similarities 😂

KirkSi

Distinguished Member
I don’t think you need to worry about noise. With the size of that fan, heat sink and the overall size of the console I really don’t think the PS5 will be noisy. I actually liked the initial design philosophy of the Xbox One. Put a big fan in a big box so you get plenty of airflow to cool the internals. Same thing here with the addition of a whacking great big heat sink and liquid metal thermal paste. Sony have definitely put some serious effort into addressing the noise of the PS4 and pro.

apolloa

Distinguished Member
I had 2 ps3s and neither were anything like my 360, that was ridiculous.
i can’t remember mine, I never had them long enough as they all RROD, three, in a row.. I eventually got a 360S which ended up being my all time favourite console, I traded it in for my PS4 and not sure I should have these days..

But regardless Sony will have to prove the PS5 is actually quiet as I wouldn’t trust them on that at all, considering their history. I await the reviews of it.

Ben-H

Lol really? I’m not trolling but do you get excited about unboxing things? Bet you love Christmas :D
It's not so much the unboxing i guess but everything that comes with it, like the UI (in more detail etc) i'd rather just experience that for the first time myself... Not sure if i'm explaining myself very well without sounding like an absolute weirdo. Basically i'm going to stay away from watching any spoilers until i get my own on the 19th!

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
It's not so much the unboxing i guess but everything that comes with it, like the UI (in more detail etc) i'd rather just experience that for the first time myself... Not sure if i'm explaining myself very well without sounding like an absolute weirdo. Basically i'm going to stay away from watching any spoilers until i get my own on the 19th!
Only a slight weirdo but that's fine :D

Crafty

Why are Sony being like this.If you’ve got a fantastic new console you want to show it off to the world not hide it away.They should be like little kids at Christmas full of excitement and want to share it with the world.They don’t seem very confident in there product to me.
They aren't being "like" anything. They have a new product that they're promoting.

The fact that they aren't providing twitter updates every 2 minutes and aren't providing information when some people demand it because they are impatient and think they deserve to know everything and anything whenever they feel like it is hardly any indication of a lack of confidence is it.

The constant demand for information has been a bit pathetic to be honest, especially when most of the information they're asking for wasn't available until just before launch for the PS4.

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
The "show ignored content" button has provided even less inspiring material than usual this morning, but it proves that it serves it's purpose very well indeed.

Last edited:

hazza77

Standard Member
Man some of these comments! I am/was an Xbox fan boy, but the PS5 will be my first ever Playstation (well, apart from the PSone). And I can't wait for it. I for one love how Sony are marketing the PS5. It just builds up the excitement. You know it's going to be one heck of a console if they are holding details back. I find myself checking these forums everyday for any information that may have come out, and I love it! Xbox blew their load at the start of 2020, and it really didn't do anything for me. I don't think I've been this pumped for a console since the Xbox!

Last edited:

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
Man some of these comments! I am/was an Xbox fan boy, but the PS5 will be my first ever Playstation (well, apart from the PSone). And I can't wait for it. I for one love how Sony are marketing the PS5. It just builds up the excitement. You know it's going to be one heck of a console if they are holding details back. I find myself checking these forums everyday for any information they may have come out, and I love it! Xbox blew their load at the start of 2020, and it really didn't do anything for me. I don't think I've been this pumped for a console since the Xbox!
Character traits relating to impatience and wanting everything NOW usually apply to most aspects of a person's life.

So 2 minutes max and that includes the cigarette afterwards. *

* For the sensitive and humourless among us, this is an attempt at humour and in no way accuses anyone specifically of suffering premature ejaculation.

Last edited:

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Sitting with my early release controller in my hand wishing a nice package would turn up?

:blush:
Take it apart so you can see if it's possible without breaking the plastic clips :D

Matson

Distinguished Member
Seems a little dissapointing so far as a UHD movie player with no Atmos and DV support. Ill be using either this or the Xbox series X as my UHD player so im hoping at least one of them supports DV for movies at some point lol.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen adds 48-inch OLED to Beovision TV range
  • By Andy Bassett