PS5 General Chat

I'm very tempted to go down the PC route, some of the PC game footage I've seen recently has been absolutely stunning, even something like shadow of the tomb raider it looked photo realistic in places. Really haven't got a clue though how easy it is to use a gaming PC on a big TV in the lounge , there's no way I'm using a keyboard and mouse on my lap on the sofa put it that way. The idea of building my own gaming PC does appeal though especially with gamepass on PC in the equation...been out of it so long though I haven't got a clue what I'd need these days

I'm already on 2080Ti going to 3080 and yes, all stunning but you pay a big premium over a console for the benefit. I don't do online gaming so that part of the consoles doesn't factor for me.

As long as I can play Fall a Guys then that’s all that’s important ;)

Seriously though they need to announce how VR will work and an adapter ASAP. Loads won’t be able to replace their PS4s if there is no way to plug their VR kit in.
Turn on the PS4?
449 is a lot of cash to play fall guys in BC mode 🤔

Turn on the PS4?

Not if you want to play networked play with your son :D
I can’t believe that’s what my lad is excited about : having two consoles in the house. We do have a laugh with couch co-op game though like Ultimate Chicken Horse & Minecraft.

Now we just need a Days Gone sequel announcing for me...

I'm very tempted to go down the PC route, some of the PC game footage I've seen recently has been absolutely stunning, even something like shadow of the tomb raider it looked photo realistic in places. Really haven't got a clue though how easy it is to use a gaming PC on a big TV in the lounge , there's no way I'm using a keyboard and mouse on my lap on the sofa put it that way. The idea of building my own gaming PC does appeal though especially with gamepass on PC in the equation...been out of it so long though I haven't got a clue what I'd need these days

I’m going that route as well have Gamepass PC on my work PC and games work fine except for Forza Horizon 4 which doesn’t even load. That’s the issue with PC gaming unfortunately, can be a ballache to get things working sometimes.

I’ll definitely get a 3080 and new PC along with a PS5 I think. Best of both worlds.

Think I’ll do a new PC build in the new year, with a 3080, as I think I need more than a new GPU.

So has anyone pre-ordered in the UK yet? I registered my interest back in June with Shopto so i'm hoping it's a relatively simple process to confirm a preorder from that.

So has anyone pre-ordered in the UK yet? I registered my interest back in June with Shopto so i'm hoping it's a relatively simple process to confirm a preorder from that.

There's a pre-order thread if you want to see what people are up to:

Yes. At Game last night I ordered for delivery to store. But because I've had no email im going to drop a preorder on Amazon UK when they go live too.

Loads of places went live last night even though they sent out emails saying it was this morning. A lot of places like Smyths, very are out of stock now.
Amazon at 9, Argos tomorrow or Game In store right now

My mate had 'registered interest' on Shopto and told me last night it changed over to a pre-order automatically.

Got a pre-order email from Game but when you follow the link there is no items to buy (except a few accessories), it looks like they sold out in minutes.

Not that fussed (yet) as was planning on buying from JohnLewis and I’d be saving it for Xmas anyway lol
Yes the page has changed as they had a list of bundles of various configurations of consoles with accessories last night.

Well went for the disc version, couldn't see the digital one on Amazon.

All sorted though :)

Turn on the PS4?

I'll get rid of my PS4 or stick it in another room.

I don't really see this as BC with this gen, it's basically a continuation of the PS4 as pretty much all games will work with it so I'm just replacing my old Pro which sounds like a Dyson with a shiny new, hopefully quiet, one :D

Re "ps5 games being £70" - I've just been on Amazon and they are all the same price as PS4 games of around £50.

Where is the digital version on Amazon......!?

Yes I ordered through GAME. Payment to be taken 7 days before shipping. I’m currently checking if door is big enough to get it into living room.

Not working, comes up but when you click on ps5 it goes back to the homepage

Where is the digital version on Amazon......!?

I expect it'll go live later. They want people to buy the disc version really as I expect they make more money form it.

Clicking on PS5 search in Amazon takes me to a product to stop smoking. Lol.

https://www.ama***zon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-5-Console/dp/B08H95Y452/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ps5&qid=1600329884&sr=8-1&th=1

Copy that text into a browser address bar and delete the three * in 'Amazon' and it should take you there lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom