PS5 General Chat

what hang on Spiderman is PS4 as well now ! I am well out of the loop. Is it out at the same time ? Its the only game I want at the moment so that might have just freed up a PS5 for someone else this xmas.
PS Blog confirmed horizon 2 and MM are PS4 games too.

Small print eh. Lol

All my games have been digital for a couple of years now. But I'm getting the disc version purely for the 4K blu-ray drive

Disc version for this reason plus BC PS4 games for me.

I’m probably 50/50 physical/digital this gen. I go where the deals are.

PS5 games -£70 in U.K. Blimey.
The saving on the digital Ed if you buy day one won’t last long.

note. I am all digital for last 2 years. intend to wait for the price to drop on all but the top tier stuff

I'm out, absolutely zero reason for me to pick this up at launch after that very underwhelming showcase. I'm going to wait till there's a game worth playing which will probably be gow Ragnarok , I'll pick up a series X at launch which will be better for multiplats and with gamepass has loads of stuff ready to play and a lot of it enhanced for the series x.

Those prices won’t last.

Same as last gen, they try it on at the beginning and it settles down fairly quickly.

At least the prices are out there. Great price for the Digital edition. Expected the top end to match the XSX price so no surprises there.

As for the games shown...not much of interest to me. Hoped to see more of GT7 even if not a launch title, but that was disappointingly absent. Not seeing what all the fuss about Spiderman is, especially from that footage. Just seemed like endless QTE's one after another with odd cut scenes in between. COD as mentioned in the game's thread in the Xbox forum after the MP reveal, for me looks like a massive step back from MW. Even the Campaign footage shown tonight looks really underwhelming following the stunning MW campaign imo.

I actually thought the Hogwarts game looked interesting and one which miight be good to play with my daughter. Deathloop could be good. Arkane are a decent studio and dishonored was superb so that definitely has potential.

I thought COD looked great. The firstparty stuff looks good - I fully expect destruction allstars to be good as sony has form in this type of game. If HZD is coming to PS4 I'm guessing that isn't far away either.

Discounted credit and game sharing says Hi!
Haha as I say I know all that 👍🏻 But buying day one is still expensive.
There are ways to meitigate but going day one can cost even with those.
We both know as digital customer a 90 quid saving isn’t. i will get a digital I think if I do now, but yeah. The sales come round quick too. Picked up f1 for 35 quid 3 weeks after launch. I know what you are saying. 👍🏻
But if you go day one like I did with TLoU2 it’s 50 quid. PS5 seems to be more like 70 per game at launch.

IMO the 90 quid and seeing it as a saving is folly.

I'm out, absolutely zero reason for me to pick this up at launch after that very underwhelming showcase. I'm going to wait till there's a game worth playing which will probably be gow Ragnarok , I'll pick up a series X at launch which will be better for multiplats and with gamepass has loads of stuff ready to play and a lot of it enhanced for the series x.
Yeah. It seems Sony will have more of their games next Christmas and as ZT said the price might have calmed down bybthen.

Need to ponder.

At least the prices are out there. Great price for the Digital edition. Expected the top end to match the XSX price so no surprises there.

As for the games shown...not much of interest to me. Hoped to see more of GT7 even if not a launch title, but that was disappointingly absent. Not seeing what all the fuss about Spiderman is, especially from that footage. Just seemed like endless QTE's one after another with odd cut scenes in between. COD as mentioned in the game's thread in the Xbox forum after the MP reveal, for me looks like a massive step back from MW. Even the Campaign footage shown tonight looks really underwhelming following the stunning MW campaign imo.

I actually thought the Hogwarts game looked interesting and one which miight be good to play with my daughter. Deathloop could be good. Arkane are a decent studio and dishonored was superb so that definitely has potential.
Spiderman is far from loads of QTEs. Brilliant game. Yes there are some during the fancy cinematic scenes like they showed tonight, but overall only a small fraction of the gameplay.

The fact a bunch of next-gen titles are also coming to ps4 is a bit of a surprise, given Sony’s previous stance on the subject. Interesting.

Yeah - and they knew that so its been marketing PR BS all year about the transition to PS5 being needed for 2020/21 big titles - new GOW on PS4 as well bets anyone ?

Well the 2 game I want the most are both also playable on my PS4 Pro, so the pressure is off - no wonder they kept that quiet, a few of the others are also on PC so the real exclusive list is kinda small now... I wonder if that why the pre-order date is tomorrow...Surprise ! dont read the small print and even though we said we wouldnt drop the date with little warning actually we are.

Assuming the 2021 games don't get delayed, the first year on PS5 is looking rosie, but early adopters will be paying a premium if games really are £70 a pop. Aside the race for preorders, not sure I'm in for launch, may see how the dust settles once its out..

The fact a bunch of next-gen titles are also coming to ps4 is a bit of a surprise, given Sony’s previous stance on the subject. Interesting.
yeah Sony are good with the marketing but the facts come out As we get closer to launch.

It makes some comment in this forum about ‘not being held back’ or ‘cross gen is no good’ or even the ‘you can’t do x on PS4 because of the new dual sense!

But as it turns out you can!

Pre-orders live at game.co.uk

Go wild!!

What games are in your list that makes it Rosie - not trolling I am genuinely trying to work out what I need a PS5 for in the first year as pre-orders go pop tomorrow possibly in the UK - who knows ?!.

So far Ratchet and Clank is one of the exclusives, not really my bag, what else ? I have a PS4 and a gaming PC so it has to be PS5 exclusive.

yeah Sony are good with the marketing but the facts come out As we get closer to launch.

It makes some comment in this forum about ‘not being held back’ or ‘cross gen is no good’ or even the ‘you can’t do x on PS4 because of the new dual sense!

But as it turns out you can!

Or the claim that if a game releases on the old consoles it can’t be considered a next gen game...hmmm....

Assuming the 2021 games don't get delayed, the first year on PS5 is looking rosie, but early adopters will be paying a premium if games really are £70 a pop. Aside the race for preorders, not sure I'm in for launch, may see how the dust settles once its out..
Yeah only problem is that if lots of ‘early adopters’ decide to wait. Without them you never get going.

the launch line up is very thin for Sony games.

I want to jump in but the PS5 isn’t even the place for multi plats so it’s all about Sony games. I might do the same as wait, see if the price falls and if not jump in next Xmas whne GoW and gt7 drop.

maybe just a series x for me in November. As I can okay Spider-Man and horizon on my pro. 👍🏻

Or the claim that if a game releases on the old consoles it can’t be considered a next gen game...hmmm....
It wouldn’t be good to go back and look i this thread actually.m 😂

So it’s three games that are cross-gen, two of which are launch titles.

And whilst I certainly don’t see Sackboy as being a game that will be held back by being cross-gen I am a bit bummed out about Horizon as it’s a '21 game and I thought that would be a game that would really start to push the console.

Just in case people need to see the back for connections

1600295776141.png

I'm torn whether to preorder tomorrow or wait until after Xmas. The only 2 games that interest me are spiderman and ratchet & clank and if spiderman is on ps4 then that's 1 game less that isn't exclusive to the ps5.

If I could retire the ps4 because the games and saves could be migrated over then I'd preorder tomorrow.

So it’s three games that are cross-gen, two of which are launch titles.

And whilst I certainly don’t see Sackboy as being a game that will be held back by being cross-gen I am a bit bummed out about Horizon as it’s a '21 game and I thought that would be a game that would really start to push the console.
yup MM I guess. But horizon I took that from what was shown as being yeah proper PS5 level. So I agree I am bummed about that too.
I just don’t believe that a game can truly make use of the SSD etc and then run it on a PS4. Yeah bumps to res and so on. But yeah.

that is a big bummer I agree ☹️☹️

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom