PS5 General Chat

664B263A-6930-43EB-A337-F63D7FE0CD51.jpeg

for £90 less I'll go digital hardly bought any physical games this gen

You'll end up paying way more than that for the premium buying games digitally
I know, but lately I've been buying movies, music and some games digitally. Plenty of time to think about it.

Hope there's a bundle offer PS5 with an extra controller, 3D Headset, etc....!

Think we see some movement tomorrow with preorders, wouldn't be surprised if some places sell out, with there 1st allocation.

Also launching this November is a slate of new accessories:

• DualSense™ Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99/¥6,980/€69.99 (RRP)
  • PULSE 3D™ wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones US$99.99/¥9,980/€99.99 (RRP)
  • HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments US$59.99/¥5,980/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
  • DualSense™ Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)

All my games have been digital for a couple of years now. But I'm getting the disc version purely for the 4K blu-ray drive
does it do DV and HDR+ though? Almost could spend the difference on one that does

Last edited:
why not put pre orders and launch titles in a slide right after the price reveal? doesn't make sense and has caused confusion.

Not really with codes and things like Quidco they tend to be similar to physical prices at release.

No GT7 sucks but as long as I can play GT Sport then that’s fine. I am now unsure about digital or disc...decisions need to be made by tomorrow...

Although I mostly buy digital these days, I'm still going to go with the physical PS5 I think, just because sometimes I get the odd game as a surprise for Christmas/Birthday. Plus I also like having a look around on the classifieds and CeX to see what I can pick up cheap, lol.

I'm not too bothered about first party launch titles because Assassin's Creed: Valhalla is released on the 17th November and Cyberpunk 2077 is released on the 19th November, so they're timed just nicely for me!

The one thing that sticks in the craw a bit is Sony’s previous line on ‘belief in generations’. People were shot down when talking about the benefits of cross gen, told using a dual shock would hold back games, etc. Now we know that Sony’s ‘belief in generations’ did actually not cover a number of their first party titles into 2021.

How come he one sliced in the trailer? Is this as hard as bloodborne?
He must have been vastly over levelled for that section, I could never one hit kill those grunts when I played it on ps3

He must have been vastly over levelled for that section, I could never one hit kill those grunts when I played it on ps3
Yup, that was purely for the PS5 vid...the only way they could get it filmed without being dead every 5 seconds!

The one thing that sticks in the craw a bit is Sony’s previous line on ‘belief in generations’. People were shot down when talking about the benefits of cross gen, told using a dual shock would hold back games, etc. Now we know that Sony’s ‘belief in generations’ did actually not cover a number of their first party titles into 2021.
Yeah I thought Sony didn’t want to hold games back on 5. That was the pitch wand for.

Yet horizon 2, sack boy and spider man mm are all PS4 too next year??

I guess this means either different versions But will MM not be able to make use of the SSD?Is it just a res bump PS5 timed exclusive.

horizon too. That’s out next year but cross gen so is that going to be held back. The SSD is the key bit of PS5 so how does that work for those games.
Interesting for sure.

what hang on Spiderman is PS4 as well now ! I am well out of the loop. Is it out at the same time ? Its the only game I want at the moment so that might have just freed up a PS5 for someone else this xmas.

Only ever said by people who haven't been buying digital for years already.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom