PS5 General Chat

AVF removed it a while back. Which is why you prob see more dupe posts or posts with just a . in them.

me personally backwards compatibility makes me more inclined to get a console sooner. usually i get a console a few years into the life cycle when there are lots of great cheap games. But a console that plays them better shorter loads times etc would make me want to get a ps5 earlier than i usually would so i can play the remaining ps4 games in the best way possible.

I also collect and replay games so rather than having my ps2, ps3, ps4 and ps5 hooked up i can at least get rid of the ps4.

Xbox is even better I can just have a series X and that will play everything i want

Wasn't aimed at anyone specifically, just reacting to a snapshot that was being spun, namely it's a pointless feature and MS need it because of no games etc. Blimey it's such a childish, boring, fanboyish angle and equally ludicrous.

It's a pro consumer addition that the majority want, as per the PS5 poll, and just because one does it better than the other, or personally people might have no interest in it themselves, it doesn't make it pointless or something to make up for other perceived limitations. It's just a feature that's there in case people want it. How's that a bad thing.

Like I said BC from this gen will be far more useful because the likes of Red Dead 2 and others in native 4k will never suddenly look crap compared to anything next gen, and in fact probably look better than many new games. Add to the fact many have huge digital backlogs from sales etc then why wouldn't people want the option to dip back in as and when.
Well that I do take issue with.
I’ll reiterate, for me personally I don’t care about bc, from Sony or microsoft. That’s not fanboy spin or whatever other label you want to put on it, it’s my personal opinion. You can’t argue that I’m wrong, it’s my opinion, and I’m just not bothered about it. I do think that you sometimes post just to be antagonistic and this is a perfect example of you being the one applying spin (as you put it ) to take issue with people’s opinions that you don’t agree with.

Well that I do take issue with.
I’ll reiterate, for me personally I don’t care about bc, from Sony or microsoft. That’s not fanboy spin or whatever other label you want to put on it, it’s my personal opinion. You can’t argue that I’m wrong, it’s my opinion, and I’m just not bothered about it. I do think that you sometimes post just to be antagonistic and this is a perfect example of you being the one applying spin (as you put it ) to take issue with people’s opinions that you don’t agree with.

Amazing... I specifically point out it wasnt aimed at anyone directly and you somehow interpret that as im having a go at you and your opinions, and in response have a go at me and say I'm antagonistic.... Grow up ***.

If you dont think stupid comments about BC is all MS have etc are ridiculous fanboyish nonsense i couldn't really care less. Thats my opinion. But it appears you've even misinterpreted that because you suggest im calling you a fanboy because you say you dont want BC.... How you get that from my post is beyond me.

Anyway, It's irrelevant what you, I or anyone individually thinks about BC, its a good feature for those who want it. Thats it.

'childish, boring, fanboyish angle'
'grow up' - insert expletive/offensive word here.
Not necessary.
Perhaps it's you that is the one who should grow up? What a ridiculous thing to say.

Thanks! I've been waiting for part three :D
Me too

Nice to get some impartial perspective on the PS5.

I have to honest was a bit disheartened when I saw the GDC video a while back.
But this 3part video has put the PS5 in better place for me..!

Really looking forward to thursday. Will be interesting to see how its presented as they have clearly held back on purpose to put this together. Not expecting a full reveal of the console but hoping for at least a tease!

Now that Sony are advertising the event on US TV I am expecting this to be more major now with a console reveal at the end

Last edited by a moderator:
I will hopefully be buying the PS5, PSVR, TV with hdmi 2.1, extra controller, new headset and a few launch titles so seems my wallet will be taking a beating lol

I will hopefully be buying the PS5, PSVR, TV with hdmi 2.1, extra controller, new headset and a few launch titles so seems my wallet will be taking a beating lol

Re HDMI 2.1, make sure you fully check specific TV specs because although 2.1 feature set allows 4k 120, some TVs that have 2.1 cant actually achieve it. Theres a lot of buzz about HDMI 2.1 and gaming features it offers and i think a lot of people may get caught out thinking any tv with 2.1 will offer all the benefits, and they dont.

The flipside is some TV's like high end Samsungs dont technically have 2.1, but have all 2.1 features on at least one HDMI port.

FOMO on youtube did a good video on this so worth checking out.

Yeah i'm going to be checking 2.1 pretty carefully when i get a new TV.
Current one is pretty old, 1080p no HDR, but money has been put away for a new one, and it's intended to last a while too.

... I only buy games when they are cheap and if I want to play them now. ... Regards BC in general, this gen is a good call, anything else is a bonus.
I buy games at full price, but i essentially have no backlog, and typically have just 1-2 singleplayer/offline games, and flavour-of-the-moment multiplayer games on the go. I dont mind paying £50 for a really good game, but if i dont need to play it now, then waiting until it drops is cool too.

Regarding all the BC, i have used it in the past: especially fat-PS3 to play ps2 games. Likewise i can see using it to play games on the PS5, so i dont need multiple boxes under the TV, plus i can use modern features like PSN-chat and recording clips etc on old games.

Due to this gen being quite safe, there's a lot of "missing" games or PS3 games i still play occasionally from indie devs. FROM Software for example hasnt made an Armored Core game this gen, so i'd like to play AC5 and AC5VD via PS3 backwards compatibility. Ditto Mass Effect 3 MP i still play with mates. Or Earth Defence Force 5 and Monster Hunter via PS4 BC, as it might be a while before EDF6 comes out, and the extra power could really help EDF5 not stutter.

So i am hoping BC works, and not just for PS4 games, but all the way back to PS1 preferably. Hell i'd be down to play single-player SOCOM games :cool:

Here's that FOMO vid re 4k 120 capable TV's. Its not a given with HDMI 2.1. Definitely worth watching. He waffles a bit at the start but eye opening once you see rhe info.

I deliberated for months about a new TV before finally getting a Q90R in a Black Friday deal. Its definitely a minefield as so many factors to consider but there's some useful channels on youtube and this is one of them.

So now the event on Thursday is postponed. It's like the world is determined not to let the PS5 exist or launch!

Edit. Apologies. Seems there is a thread for this. Only had the main PS5 one in my watch list to save clutter :p

Well I’ve got to say it’s not looking good for Sony currently. We’ve had rumours that the home console is twice as thick as the PS4 Pro which is massive, it’ll cost more then the Series X, and Sony has decided to play politics with its showcase video highlighting the games and console. All we need now is for Microsoft’s planned event to show first party games to be as good if not better then the Unreal Engine 5 demo and they are away with the sales..

A slight over reaction there me thinks, the only thing in the headlines at the moment are the terrible events happening in the US, both Sony and MS along with other key companies have raised awareness in varies way. But clearly that means PS5 is doomed to failure..

A slight over reaction there me thinks, the only thing in the headlines at the moment are the terrible events happening in the US, both Sony and MS along with other key companies have raised awareness in varies way. But clearly that means PS5 is doomed to failure..

What is the overreaction?

What is the overreaction?
Well I’ve got to say it’s not looking good for Sony currently. We’ve had rumours that the home console is twice as thick as the PS4 Pro which is massive, it’ll cost more then the Series X, and Sony has decided to play politics with its showcase video highlighting the games and console. All we need now is for Microsoft’s planned event to show first party games to be as good if not better then the Unreal Engine 5 demo and they are away with the sales..

Hmm no, not seeing it, if you want to go into detail why, I can, but I don’t think we have the time or this is the place for the hypocrisy and racism in the world, or to discuss the endless historic violent social issues with America...

Truth is, 2020 isn't looking good for anyone or anything...

Sony still have more of the public interest vs Microsoft for their respective next gen consoles (124 vs 48 pages on here alone) and with the exception of a very small minority, their postponement of their event in light of what's currently going on is widely accepted and respected.

The look and dimensions of the PS5 is never going to please everyone, but I haven't seen/heard much mocking of it compared to the Series X and it's 'fridge' like appearance. My console sits behind my TV so it could look like one of the Tellytubbies for all I care.

My personal opinion - if the X came out at £350 and the PS5 at £500, I'd still fancy the PS5 to outsell it considerably.

Thick as in height? I expect it be be fair bit higher than the PS4 Pro to allow for much better cooling whist not having to increase the width or depth too much - makes perfect sense to me and nothing like the huge inconvenient box that Microsoft have made. I would like to think it might follow the look of the dev kit in some way possibly.
Then again, maybe it'll be a giant pyramid! :D

No news on price so no one can say if it'll cost more or less atm.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom