Quantcast

Question PS5 vs Xbox series

Spence0108

Standard Member
With more details coming out for each console (more so xbox) just wondering what people are edging towards more. If they are going to stay loyal to there chosen brand or change it up. Im personally edging towards more PS5 as the exclusive games edge out Microsoft for me with the likes of god of war, last of us, horizon zero dawn & hopefully bloodborne 2

SuperHoop

I personally would edge towards to PS5, mainly because it’s good to play online with friends and they seem to purchase Playstation’s, nothing against the Xbox as I would happily own one. Having said that, I really haven’t played my console that much in the last few years so whether I should bother parting with the cash will also play on my mind. (Maybe I’m just getting old ;) )

Spence0108

Standard Member
I personally would edge towards to PS5, mainly because it’s good to play online with friends and they seem to purchase Playstation’s, nothing against the Xbox as I would happily own one. Having said that, I really haven’t played my console that much in the last few years so whether I should bother parting with the cash will also play on my mind. (Maybe I’m just getting old ;) )
your only as old as you feel...or in my case you base it on how your back is feeling in the morning :facepalm:

tazmago

If the rumours are true, and Xbox Series X is the most powerful, I will get that first. Then I’ll add a PS5 later for the Sony exclusives. Exactly he same as I did this gen. looking forward to the big reveals :smashin:

I am xbox biased as most of my time is spent there this gen (I have a PS4 Pro as well) and I would likely get another Xbox but it kinda depends on the launch to be honest.

I will own both at some point I would think and if PS5 launches with spiderman 2* and Horzion Dawn 2* where as Xbox X launches with something I can play on my current Xbox and will work better on the X I might get the PS5 first. But if PS5 has notthing I fancy its xbox upgrade time. I perfer living in Xbox land its better there generally, but I go on holiday to playstion when they have lovely exclusives, I am bilingual in gaming. Never filthy nintendo though. :)

*I know it unlikely but as an example

NMF

At the moment we are going ps5.
We have first xbox x series the one x now.
With no new xbox ips and just the bog standard forza ,gears and halo all getting boring now might as well wait until xbox series x + after a few years .
I have xbox game pass ultimate paid up to Dec 2022 so will have plenty of games to play until next update.
As for power between the two does not matter i have to look really closely between one x and ps4 pro to see anything.

Spinke

I’m waiting for news on backwards compatibility, with accessories.

I recently returned to PS4, this time with VR, and a steering wheel, and I’m really enjoying the experience. If PS5 supports all the accessories I’ll upgrade (especially as VR would really benefit from some more graphical horsepower). If it doesn’t, I may get a PS4 Pro and ‘make do’.

I’ve had multiple Xbox One’s, I like Game Pass, but the PS VR really added a new breath of life into gaming for me. If Sony try to force me to re-buy everything, I will consider the XboxSX as the ‘everything else’ machine.

Spence0108

Standard Member
I’m waiting for news on backwards compatibility, with accessories.

I recently returned to PS4, this time with VR, and a steering wheel, and I’m really enjoying the experience. If PS5 supports all the accessories I’ll upgrade (especially as VR would really benefit from some more graphical horsepower). If it doesn’t, I may get a PS4 Pro and ‘make do’.

I’ve had multiple Xbox One’s, I like Game Pass, but the PS VR really added a new breath of life into gaming for me. If Sony try to force me to re-buy everything, I will consider the XboxSX as the ‘everything else’ machine.
From what iv read the ps5 will be backwards compatible with all ps4 games and the vr so you will be happy if the rumours afe true. I was looking at ps now earlier and saw they have changed it so you can download the games instead of streaming

raduv1

Distinguished Member
With more details coming out for each console (more so xbox) just wondering what people are edging towards more. If they are going to stay loyal to there chosen brand or change it up. Im personally edging towards more PS5 as the exclusive games edge out Microsoft for me with the likes of god of war, last of us, horizon zero dawn & hopefully bloodborne 2
I expect I will get the PS5 once released as I would much rather play TLoU2 on PS5 than PS4 Pro . I have the One X that has become my main console of late and will stick with it until x series price comes down .

Slinkywizard

I think it's going to be great what these consoles do for PC gaming. This is not a troll. As a PC gamer, a new console generation is a most welcome event as it raises the quality bar for multi-platform titles. Everyone wins. As for which of these is going to be best? I don't have a horse in the race.

xxGBHxx

Not sure I'm going to get either.

My XBox one I've barely played since I got it. My son, despite being at that age, shows very little interest in consoles at all despite having both EA pass and XBox Passes paid up until 2022 at his disposal.

These days all my gaming time I spend playing League of Legends on the PC. I've not played any other IP other than LOL in the past 3 or 4 years and I just don't seem to have the desire to play anything else any more. With a game lasting 25-45 mins it pretty much perfectly fits in with the time I get to play games. Plus the fact it's just an exceptionally good game as well.

I'm getting old so I guess tastes and interests change over time but I do still love gaming through LOL and I even watch esports avidly so maybe it's just that most console games just bore me these days.

G

SunnyIntervals

PlayStation 5, day 1 purchase! I've had them all and I see no reason to change now, Sony has always had the best 1st party line up. Compatibility with the existing VR headset and the strong likelihood of a VR2 headset seal the deal.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
PlayStation 5, day 1 purchase! I've had them all and I see no reason to change now, Sony has always had the best 1st party line up. Compatibility with the existing VR headset and the strong likelihood of a VR2 headset seal the deal.
A new VR would be ace, the original is a PIA to set up with extra boxes and HDMI and USB cables everywhere

But for now, if I even get one it'll be the Xbox.

zubeir

PS.. I love you

MarcoDB

PS5 (Pro) if they keep their promise of backwards compatability with PS4.

Mattchew

Normally just buy both. But this time i think i'll just buy a couple of Playstation 5's. The Xbox looks like it won't have any decent games for atleast 2yrs in. I bought the Xbox One X and had nothing to play on it really, other than Forza Hoiron 4. And all my friends are on Playstation, so.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I don't know. Could get both, could get neither.

Thing is my track record of using consoles after purchase isn't very high. Bought a PS3 not long after launch, sold it on a few months later with minimal hours on it. Bought an XB1, though I still have it, it's maybe got 100 hours on it in 5 years.

Biggest killer right now is our internet being only 2mb ADSL. With games needing updating as soon as you buy them these days, it can take upwards of a week for me to download large updates...:/

Fortunately we're getting fiber in our area this year, so maybe gaming will be on the menu again.

DarkEntity

The PS controller has always been sub par compared to the Xbox one, Xbox has always had the better online service..last gen the PS had better titles :/

Ill maybe wait a few month and see which one is more suited to what I play before jumping on either

Mattchew

I think it's going to be great what these consoles do for PC gaming. This is not a troll. As a PC gamer, a new console generation is a most welcome event as it raises the quality bar for multi-platform titles. Everyone wins. As for which of these is going to be best? I don't have a horse in the race.
Do you think it will though? Because Microsoft seem to be tying the new Xbox in with the old Xbox One X, Xbox One S and original Xbox One. They want a family of Xbox's and don't want to leave last gen behind. Meaning any game made for the new Xbox will also have to be made for all the old Xbox One's. This means games will be held back as they will have to be designed to work on the original Xbox One from 2013. Digital Foundry says this is worrying as it means games won't really get pushed forward enough. Microsoft has no exclusives designed purley for the new Xbox, the games they have are designed and built with the old Xbox One in mind. So looks like the new games will just be pretty ports. Which is basically what the Xbox One X was.