PS5 UK Revision SKU - CFI-1116A

It has less heatpipes as well on the new one, but early testing as expected shows no difference to noise generated or gameplay FPS - which are the factors you really care about.

I had the model CFI-1116A since ten days and never had an issue about heat or even heard of a fan noise near the PS5. Played COD , BF and Doom Eternal with ray tracing on. I heard the news about the heatsink replacement after one week usage and get suspicious about the isssues. But there were issues about the old launch model 1016A about memory chip over heating and thermal paste replacement making it to over heat in just 13 minutes of running;

It is also very strange that the test made on old launch model with thermal paste (replacing with liquid metal) causing the sytem overheat in minutes. So who can say that the old cooler design was perfectly engineered. Is it acceptable that it can only cool with liquid metal?

So we will see if there are also some improvements on the back side cooling of the main board plate esp. on memory modules with the new design heatsink also it is not that small as I investigated ;the old one is 1667 grams the new one 1390grams approximately and the wieght difference is 277 grams.

So it is not as impressed that the new cooler is tiny and most of us thought it is smaller then the half of the old one after watching the famous video of Austin, also why there is no picture of the back side plate heatsink of the new one on the video or somewhere else?

It will be good to learn much more about this subject and needs more sharing from the users also.

It has less heatpipes as well on the new one, but early testing as expected shows no difference to noise generated or gameplay FPS - which are the factors you really care about.

It actually still has 6 heat pipes as per the previous model. The heat sinks are spaced apart better on the new model allowing better airflow through them. Tbh it looks more like Sony rushed the original heat sink design and have now optimised it for better cooling.

Just in case any of you missed this, the full Digital Foundry in collaboration with Gamers Nexus review! Basically, new model is good lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom