PS5 / TV connection issue, need help

Brutalyst

Novice Member
I have started having an issue with my PS5 and TV, this only started happening recently and I dlnt know why.

So what happens is sometimes (not always) when I boot the PS5 up I can notice foreign particles on the TV display, like random pixels flickering. After a short time this then causes the screens picture to cut out for a brief second before returning. When it starts to do this, it will continue to happen every few seconds rendering it unplayable.

I have a launch digital PS5 and a Sony Bravia TV KD43XE8004. Display settings set to 4K, HDR and 120hz.

It first started doing this when I was playing Mass Effect, but does it more frequently when playing FFXIV (PS5 version). I noticed when it does it on FFXIV, if I can get back to the PS5 home screen it stops doing it, but only for a brief period. I can also go back to the game, and again for a brief period it won't do it.

I purchased a new HDMI cable, problem still persisted. I tried changing the 4K transfer rate to -1 but it still happens. I have now switched HDMI port and changed the transfer rate to 60hz from 120hz, yet to see if this fixes the issue.

It all just seems very strange, I don't feel like its a hardware issue, especially after changing the HDMI cable for a new one. I feel its a compatibility issue between the two devices, or maybe my TV ismt capable of doing 4K HDR 120hz. Would that cause these symptoms? It seems strange certain games amplify the issue.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
As Shoestring says the TV doesn't support 120Hz so turn that off or Auto in the PS5 settings, having it on when it's not supported can damage the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom