PS5 Trouble Shooting Thread

dannywaugh1

This has now turned into a trouble shooting thread with thanks to @golden phoenix.

Feel free to share issues and fixes.

Also any issues please report them to PlayStation using the link : Fix & Replace | PlayStation Support | Sony PlayStation

Might be a good idea to activate the auto error reporting in the PS5 settings

Games deleting after install from disc.

Any one else having issues when installing a game from disc you removed the disc once fully installed for it to disappear. Then needing to install the game again :S?

I seen on Reddit this issue also.

Temp Fix below

Last edited:

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Yes my mate has had to reinstall for a 3rd time, demon souls. This is pretty bad

dannywaugh1

Yes my mate has had to reinstall for a 3rd time, demon souls. This is pretty bad
I realised after posting the link to Reddit they seems to be a fix that has worked for installing AC Valhalla. Busy installing Sack Boy now.

Temp fix is from Reddit user:

Well I got all my games installed and updated.

I disconnected my ps5 from the internet and then installed both games.

Normally when I was having issues id have the ps5 connected to the net, insert the disc, and then id have to manually click copy. It would fail give me an error and then in the downloads menu it would be copying while the update downloaded simultaneously

With the ps5 offline when I insert the disc after a few seconds it starts to copy the game by itself and if you go to the game in the menu bar you fan see the status of how much Is copied there AND in the download menu

Once it installed properly I launched the game while still offline and made a game save file

I then closed the game and removed the disc. It stayed installed.

I then plugged the ethernet cable back in and reinsert the disc. After a few minutes the update started to download and when finished applied properly

After this I reloaded the game, closed it and removed disc and it stays installed and updated.

Worked with spiderman and nba2k

Some steps maybe unnecessary but this is what worked for me after messing around for a few hours trying not to have to reset my ps5 (my internet is terrible).

.....................................................................................................................
So far working for me will keep you updated

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
maybe we should set up a trouble shooting thread and get some solutions on there too. i have read to connect wirelessly and not use ethernet for now

or you could just change the title of the thread to ps5 troubleshooting thread?

dannywaugh1

maybe we should set up a trouble shooting thread and get some solutions on there too. i have read to connect wirelessly and not use ethernet for now

Good shout Think I will try wifi for now

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
mine has just arrived!!!!

JonJ

Good idea

Porisium

Novice Member
I have tried installing black ops cold war on my ps5, but it's only installed the single player campaign 55gb. It's not downloading anymore and warzone multiplayer and zombies all have a padlock symbol. It might be the stupidest question but how do you fix it ?

Thanks in advance

winka45

Had 2 crashes in the Las 10 minuites, just switches itself off ad though after an install then I have had to hit the power button on the console twice to get it to switch back on.

Also trying to get 120hz on Cod and it says needs to be turned on in settings, where is this option?

Chekovs Gun

The controller which came in the box appears to be faulty. It simply won’t wake when I push the PS button. I’ve tried hard reset and system restore etc. to no avail. Posting this on the off chance I’ve missed a trick?

Luckily, I bought a second controller which works beautifully, so not all bad. Loving Astro’s playroom.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
The controller which came in the box appears to be faulty. It simply won’t wake when I push the PS button. I’ve tried hard reset and system restore etc. to no avail. Posting this on the off chance I’ve missed a trick?

Luckily, I bought a second controller which works beautifully, so not all bad. Loving Astro’s playroom.
Daft question , but have you done the update for the controller ?
when setting the PS5 up , i had plug in with the cable , and told me there was update for the controller .

Chekovs Gun

Daft question , but have you done the update for the controller ?
when setting the PS5 up , i had plug in with the cable , and told me there was update for the controller .
There are no daft questions! I’m 50/50 on whether it’s faulty or I’m doing something really dumb! Lol

I did install the update though, albeit once I’d booted with the second controller. The PS button is completely unresponsive on the other.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
There are no daft questions! I’m 50/50 on whether it’s faulty or I’m doing something really dumb! Lol

I did install the update though, albeit once I’d booted with the second controller. The PS button is completely unresponsive on the other.
Do you not need to re-connect the "1st/faulty" controller back up to the PS5 and while connected press the PS button ?

not too sure , just got my PS5 today and playing around with it my self ..

Chekovs Gun

Do you not need to re-connect the "1st/faulty" controller back up to the PS5 and while connected press the PS button ?

not too sure , just got my PS5 today and playing around with it my self ..
Yes - but there’s no response from the PS button when I do this. It’s clearly charging but Ps button won’t respond.

I’m pleased the controller is a brick and not the console but still wondering if it’s redeemable.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
I assume you’ve tried to reset the controller

edit: just read that you have tried to reset it. My apologies

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Yes - but there’s no response from the PS button when I do this. It’s clearly charging but Ps button won’t respond.

I’m pleased the controller is a brick and not the console but still wondering if it’s redeemable.
Not too sure , how ever i have an other controller so will give it a try my self ( connecting two DS's ) and see what happens . will let you know ...

Chekovs Gun

My only thought is I might have done something daft regarding the controller software update when I first booted as I was semi-wrestling with my cat at the time, as he is prone to sitting on anything which has my attention!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Hisense TVs get Disney+ on VIDAA smart OS
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Astell&Kern launches entry level SR25 MKII portable music player
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG rumoured to release 97-inch OLED TV in 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for Halloween 2021