PS5 stuck on black screen when starting....can anyone help?

cooey

Distinguished Member
Hi everyone

Hopefully someone can help or advise.....

I have a disc version PS5 that has been flawless since I've owned it. I've gone to turn it on just now and it goes straight to a black screen. I've booted the PS5 up into safe mode which comes on to the TV as normal. I've changed HDMI ports/cables and this has made no difference, when I turn it on it just goes to a black screen (TV doesn't state that it's not getting a signal, so I don't believe it's a HDMI issue).

There's no PS5 logo and then to black screen; just straight to black screen. I've read things about the blinking blue light issue and this doesn't appear to be that.

Can anyone help with this at all please?

Last edited:
tried changing the resolution when in safe mode ?

Also if you have a usb attached drive, remove that.

last resort - choose reset in safe mode. not sure what (if any) you lose save game wise with that so be warned.

cooey

Distinguished Member
tried changing the resolution when in safe mode ?

Also if you have a usb attached drive, remove that.

last resort - choose reset in safe mode. not sure what (if any) you lose save game wise with that so be warned.

Switched it to 1080p via safe mode and works fine. If I switch it back to 4K it goes black again? It’s the HDMI cable that came with the console, so it’s not a compatibility issue.

cooey

Distinguished Member
is the playstation connected directly to the TV and what model TV is it ? its like the TV has become 1080p only.

Yeah connected directly to the TV. It’s a Samsung UE65MU7000.

I’ve had the PS5 for a few months now and this has not happened. Even yesterday morning I was playing on the PS5. It was later on in the afternoon when I turned it on and this happened.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom