Ps5 Sound output help

Barney McGrew

Standard Member
Hi, finally got my son a ps5 last week and trying to set up the sound similar to his ps4.

Basically he's wanting chat audio to come through his stealth 600 headset and gaming audio to come through his xrocker legend gaming chair wirelessly.

I've been into sound settings and played about but can't seem to get the right combination. Can get all sound either through chair or headset and also chat through headset but other sound comes from TV.

Headset is connected through USB dongle and chair via DAC transmitter which also plus into USB port (as opposed to optical cable on ps4).

Hopefully a simple solution that someone can help with?

Thanks

Mallett94

Distinguished Member
Hi, finally got my son a ps5 last week and trying to set up the sound similar to his ps4.

Basically he's wanting chat audio to come through his stealth 600 headset and gaming audio to come through his xrocker legend gaming chair wirelessly.

I've been into sound settings and played about but can't seem to get the right combination. Can get all sound either through chair or headset and also chat through headset but other sound comes from TV.

Headset is connected through USB dongle and chair via DAC transmitter which also plus into USB port (as opposed to optical cable on ps4).

Hopefully a simple solution that someone can help with?

Thanks
Try plugging the digital optical DAC into the TV to get the game sound and carry on with chat audio directly via the USB transmitter.

Barney McGrew

Standard Member
Thanks mate, got it sorted with an HDMI converter. Connected that to ps5 using HDMI then was just a case of connecting optical cable into converter and other end into transmitter. Thanks for your reply though, much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom