PS5 Shutting Down and Not turning Back On

Wattsy 75

Day 1 Playstation 5 Digital Edition

Recently been back on the PS5 playing COD Vanguard

Having issues with the console turning itself off whilst idle (Have turned rest mode off so shouldnt be shutting down)

Machine wont turn back on. Tried holding power button etc but no joy. Only way to resolve is to remove power supply, wait for 30 seconds , reattach power

Then get the "This console wasnt shut down properly etc" and has to rebuild database for machine and the usb hard drive thats attached

Anyone have similar issues?

MrTea34

Day 1 Playstation 5 Digital Edition

Recently been back on the PS5 playing COD Vanguard

Having issues with the console turning itself off whilst idle (Have turned rest mode off so shouldnt be shutting down)

Machine wont turn back on. Tried holding power button etc but no joy. Only way to resolve is to remove power supply, wait for 30 seconds , reattach power

Then get the "This console wasnt shut down properly etc" and has to rebuild database for machine and the usb hard drive thats attached

Anyone have similar issues?
Have you got your console vertical or horizontal? Had this problem with my sons and we sent it away and got it back with Sony saying nothing is wrong with it.
His was vertical and got very hot where those small vents are where the console sits on the stand.
His has done it since but I make sure I clean it with compressed air once or twice a month and the problem was solved.
Hope it’s the same for you

Wattsy 75

Have you got your console vertical or horizontal? Had this problem with my sons and we sent it away and got it back with Sony saying nothing is wrong with it.
His was vertical and got very hot where those small vents are where the console sits on the stand.
His has done it since but I make sure I clean it with compressed air once or twice a month and the problem was solved.
Hope it’s the same for you
Mine is also vertical. Took the side panels off and gave a clean with some compressed air.

Fingers crossed its been ok since. Only other thing Ive changed is the game Im playing

Machine was doign this when idle in COD Vanguard. Since cleaning Ive been playing uncharted

Have read some reports it could be a bug related to the game! WHich would be bizarre

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom