PS5 Pre-Order

I admire your optimism but what is different than the PS4?

Add a global ongoing pandemic and I think anyone not sat on a pre order may struggle.
This is standard Business practise whether it’s consoles or the latest iPhones or Samsung Galaxy device.
Preorders always sell out, but weeks later more become available.

Ive never experienced anything different when it comes to major launches for electronic products last 5years.
I’ve missed out on opening day preorders for Apple Watch and iPhones but always been able to pick one up at launch whether that’s from local Apple store or Curry’s/Argos/EE etc.
There’s no way all the PS5’s inventory has gone in 48hrs and there’s nothing left even for launch day.

This 1st wave is for the early adopters like me and many others, who likes to get an order in as soon as a preorder opens.

I ordered a PS5 via Amazon 9.04am yesterday, couldn’t get any accessories as all sold out within 20mins if not less.
Then literally 12.10 today I was able to order a 3D pulse headset.
So yes I am optimistic going by my own personal experiences.

Add a global ongoing pandemic and I think anyone not sat on a pre order may struggle.

I think you're going to be chasing a few wild gooses on the day without a pre-order. But the Supermarket chains will surely have a fair few knocking about?

Amazon messed my one x delivery up on launch day and by some miracle my local game had about 10 left.

Literally 100s available on eBay, sad to see so many genuine buyers struggling for a pre-order and people who have got it are 'trying' to make a fast-buck.

Tragic.

Hoping this doesnt happen with the series X.

Literally 100s available on eBay, sad to see so many genuine buyers struggling for a pre-order and people who have got it are 'trying' to make a fast-buck.

Tragic.

Depends on their stock levels I suppose. If the demand is there and they go like hot cakes and sell out then unfortunately, it will.

This is standard Business practise whether it’s consoles or the latest iPhones or Samsung Galaxy device.
Preorders always sell out, but weeks later more become available.

Ive never experienced anything different when it comes to major launches for electronic products last 5years.
I’ve missed out on opening day preorders for Apple Watch and iPhones but always been able to pick one up at launch whether that’s from local Apple store or Curry’s/Argos/EE etc.
There’s no way all the PS5’s inventory has gone in 48hrs and there’s nothing left even for launch day.

This 1st wave is for the early adopters like me and many others, who likes to get an order in as soon as a preorder opens.

I ordered a PS5 via Amazon 9.04am yesterday, couldn’t get any accessories as all sold out within 20mins if not less.
Then literally 12.10 today I was able to order a 3D pulse headset.
So yes I am optimistic going by my own personal experiences.

I am sure there will be some on launch day. And like you I’m constantly renewing gadgets. It just seems particular to Sony and to PlayStations specifically where they struggle to meet early demand.

I recall tales of midnight queues at Tesco’s etc last time, and we are hurtling towards Lockdown 2.0. So it won’t be impossible to get one on launch - I just think it will be as hard if not harder than the PS4.

I am sure there will be some on launch day. And like you I’m constantly renewing gadgets. It just seems particular to Sony and to PlayStations specifically where they struggle to meet early demand.

I recall tales of midnight queues at Tesco’s etc last time, and we are hurtling towards Lockdown 2.0. So it won’t be impossible to get one on launch - I just think it will be as hard if not harder than the PS4.

As an aside I remember as a naive younger me I bought 4 PS3s online for launch and tail between legs had to convince the likes of Argos to take them back under distance selling when there were quite obviously more consoles than buyers the world over :) . Served me right for being such a plonker.

I suspect its slightly different this time as its been such a long console generation people are very eager to move on but I still reckon you are correct and there will be more. e.g. I see Amazon have already re-listed many of the same peripherals today that apparently 'sold-out' yesterday.

Agreed, the PS4 and XB1 was largely left to scalpers post pre-orders, for a good few weeks as I remember it - at least in my area. Though my local ASDAs frequently had PS4s coming in to stock, but quickly went out of stock thereafter, too.

I suspect its slightly different this time as its been such a long console generation people are very eager to move on but I still reckon you are correct and there will be more. e.g. I see Amazon have already re-listed many of the same peripherals today that apparently 'sold-out' yesterday.

I think it will be similar to last gen, drips and drabs for a while, or worse, due to our economic and pandemic situation. Sony already stated they have produced less this time.

I think it will be similar to last gen, drips and drabs for a while, or worse, due to our economic and pandemic situation. Sony already stated they have produced less this time.
I read the exact opposite. Sony said they will have more PS5s at launch than there were PS4s on launch day in 2013.

I read the exact opposite. Sony said they will have more PS5s at launch than there were PS4s on launch day in 2013.

Ah, I see, that's great then. What was the source?

Then why try and take another Thread Off Topic with your ramblings and jizzing all over Physical Media and calling people out when they choose to spend their hard earned money on a Digital Console.

If you want to debate it or get it off your chest then start a thread in the PS Section about Physical vs Digital and put your reasons in there. Talking down to people about falling into a trap or being conned because they don't care about discs when they are just trying to pre-order a new toy is just not cool man.

I haven't taken this thread (or any other for that matter) off topic?? The PS5 requires a very strong debate as to the future of physical media with video games as Sony investing in both physical AND digital versions of the same console. I haven't said anything out of line here.

I can see why my past comments might have been taken wrongly, but i'm not talking down to anybody here. I've accepted that I can't make people go out and buy physical, and that's honestly fine.

Ah, I see, that's great then. What was the source?

No worry, I remember reading this now in fact. Yes, Sony announced that the Bloomberg article was false.

"In a statement to GamesIndustry.biz, Sony denies the details in Bloomberg's report.

"While we do not release details related to manufacturing, the information provided by Bloomberg is false," Sony says. "We have not changed the production number for PlayStation 5 since the start of mass production."

I think some will be available at launch. The PlayStation CEO has said “Sony will have more PlayStation 5 units ready for sale than they had PlayStation 4 units in 2013.”

"Playstation boss Jim Ryan" Lots of games news sites reporting the same thing. Not sure if posting the links here is allowed.
Just google it and you'll see.

Thank you, please see my above post.

They haven't said how many they were doing in the first place so we don't know if we are getting more or less regardless.

I think some will be available at launch. The PlayStation CEO has said “Sony will have more PlayStation 5 units ready for sale than they had PlayStation 4 units in 2013.”

I think the demand will be lot greater for PS5 than it was for PS4 though. The PS user base has really expanded this gen.

Not to get into an argument or anything but you actually did get it wrong, my friend. You made the incorrect assumption that my reasonings behind remaining faithful to physical media was made through financial concerns, which is actually the least of my concerns regarding that.
I looked back at your previous comments and you didn't give any reasons at all so we had nothing to go on. Just you telling us not to go digital. It was only after I commented that you actually came up with some reasons :)

Tragic.

Last edited:
Just bought via Very couple of mins ago, bundle with extra controller was only option tho.

@leamspaceman, I think you are better off reporting the listing in the first instance to eBay, since any pre-sale beyond 30 days of the item being posted is against eBay policy. They may or may not de-list the item, but at least you are doing the unobjectionable right thing in this instance with the potential to nip things in the bud before any escalation via an eBay case and fraud on your own part.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom