PS5 Pre-Order

I do think the notification for pre orders by retailers has been awful

Game emailed after they went live and had already sold out

Had no emails from Argos or Curry’s despite signing up to Be notified

The only one I can say seems to have done a decent job was amazon who said what time they were going live in advance

How does this currys thing work then a small deposit ?

Got that too. But it takes you to a page saying they are sold out.
Just seen same email. Says 48mins but it isn’t moving. 3 simple steps but then when you go onto the site it says no stock. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Got that too. But it takes you to a page saying they are sold out.

That is because they have not allocated the stock yet - they will/ should when the timer hits 0.

How does this currys thing work then a small deposit ?

Yes, £5.00, which they took from me yesterday, but they said my pre-order was not fulfilled and could not be found, even though I received a pre-order number and confirmation message on their website straight after. So, just be mindful of such website errors due to the high demand. A chat agent said I will be refunded.

so what’s the point of the timer?

It gives you a heads up over others who did not register their interest. Would you rather sit on the page and refresh every second for 24 hours, or have notification of when more stock will be live for you to have a chance/ another chance to pre-order one for just that one moment?

Yes, £5.00, which they took from me yesterday, but they said my pre-order was not fulfilled and got not be found, even though I received a pre-order number and confirmation message on their website straight after. So, just be mindful of such website errors due to the high demand. A chat agent said I will be refunded.
This does not surprise me with these muppets , I suppose if you buy the bundle with a £200 HDMI cable you get priority.

It gives you a heads up over others who did not register their interest. Would you rather sit on the page and refresh every second for 24 hours, or have notification of when more stock will be live for you to have a chance/ another chance to pre-order one for just that one moment?
But it’s not moving. The part that moves in the secs.

This does not surprise me with these muppets , I suppose if you buy the bundle with a £200 HDMI cable you get priority.

It probably is not anyone's fault other than the back-end web/ server developers of the website. Add in huge demand and you will have a meltdown every time, as per ShopTo - the worst developed retail website I know of. But unlike Amazon, the best developed retail website I know of.

But it’s not moving. The part that moves in the secs.

Counts down for me, I am on a desktop PC. All you need to know now is that you have approx 29 minutes remaining - but the countdown is not linear/ accurate, hence the approximation.

Went on live chat with Argos, order all confirmed and confirmation emails in some cases are running behind

For those unaware, one of the classic trackers, but not always time accurate:

Another useful one:

You might have had better success with another/ without one. Stock Informer helped me get a charging station just now on Amazon, looks like it was the only 1 in stock at the time.

Argos hasn’t got the money, neither has the bank but it’s going to take 5 days to get back to its rightful home. Sorry but that’s bollocks.

ShopTo might not be guaranteeing a PS5 for day one but at least they’re not taking any payment, they’re actually advising people not to pay yet because that won’t guarantee one either.

So then answer me this question, if I haven’t put a disc in my PS4 Pro for the last two years why exactly would I pay extra to get the model of PS5 with the disc drive?.

Don't you worry yourself. I'm an adult and I can decide the pros and cons of going digital or disc for myself.

I'll be going digital like I have for PS4.

You know what, guys? Go digital, it's fine. You're right, nowt to do with me. You go digital and support the movement. I can't control what you do, it's fine. If that's what you want, who am I to judge??

I've got both on pre-order but will just keep the digital. With 3 young children I often only have short bursts of time to play - I don't want to waste any of that time faffing about with disks - it's 2020 for the love of god.

I've got both on pre-order but will just keep the digital. With 3 young children I often only have short bursts of time to play - I don't want to waste any of that time faffing about with disks - it's 2020 for the love of god.

See this is why I was talking in the other thread about the poll being massively in favour of the disc version. I just can't believe it :laugh:

Looks like there's a lot of stress happening over pre-orders anyway!

The only way I'll be paying for a disc is if it's really not that much more. I'm talking sub £50 difference.

The only discs I have for the PS4 are Killzone that came bundled and Far Point as I had to buy that with the gun peripheral. Other than those, all of my games have been digital and only a few of those have been at full price.

A lot does depend on how you game. I only tend to buy one or two games a year maybe. The big hitters that I spend lots of time on...things like GT Sport or another driving game. I don't care too much for many of the other big games and so I can happily wait until they are discounted or appear on PS+ or PS Now.

It also comes down to affordability. Yes, plenty of people want to play lots of games and want to sell them on to buy their next game. I'm in the fortunate position that I don't have to worry about the finances of that but I appreciate not everybody is.

Fair enough, though I think you've got it wrong with my reasonings..it's not just question of finance. It's a question of ownership and supporting something that's essentially a dishonest way of taking away that ownership and flexibility.

But again, most people don't seem to care on here, and that's fine. I do care, but others don't. And look, if you only buy a couple of games a year and aren't fussed about the digital thing then, sure, go for the digital version, i'm just aware that the PS5 will be the last ever console to enable physical media and that really saddens me, personally. But not everyone is me sooo.

I’ve gone digital here too

Always buy digital, saves the space in the house be taking up by discs, misplacing any and having to change discs, prefer just pressing the home button few clicks right and I’m in another game 👌🏻

See this is why I was talking in the other thread about the poll being massively in favour of the disc version. I just can't believe it :laugh:

Looks like there's a lot of stress happening over pre-orders anyway!

The stress of pre-orders is nothing like the stress of delivery day. That's a whole other level.

I'm getting one delivered to work and one delivered to my neighbour who WFH. He's under strict instructions to set his desk up in his hall facing his open front door and not to move for 12 hours / until delivery is made.

I’ve gone digital here too

Always buy digital, saves the space in the house be taking up by discs, misplacing any and having to change discs, prefer just pressing the home button few clicks right and I’m in another game 👌🏻

As a passionate collector, always physical for my man! But I do love having digital at times for the ease as you describe. I sometimes double dip if the game is dirt cheap and one I will play more frequently, just to have the digital on my console for ease, especially if I think the company deserves the money.

Last edited:
ShopTo might not be guaranteeing a PS5 for day one but at least they’re not taking any payment, they’re actually advising people not to pay yet because that won’t guarantee one either.

Are you sure? They have taken payment for my headset (which I actively paid for, which I guess I didnt actually need to at the time).

So Argos... have taken people money, they're not getting the console as their system failed, then they're continuing to sell consoles to different people periodically though the day.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom