PS5 Pre-Order

Luckily I have enough balance on credit card to keep trying but it's not really good enough.

For anyone who has had a payment 'taken' but not taken and its pending on your account or card - ring your bank - we've had this before for a substantial amount booking a holiday and the site crashed during payment. Money was taken but no holiday booked. TUI said we'd have to wait 5 working days. Rang bank who said whilst the payment displayed as pending the money would not be taken and its still there to use no problem - and we were able to book the holiday again immediately. So check with your bank.

Just got one from Argos :)

You'll be even more baffled when you waltz into your local GAME or Curry's or wherever on November 19th and say " I'd like a PS5 please and no I haven't pre-ordered" and see the look of disbelief on the shop assistants face. :facepalm:

To be fair most Currys and GAME staff have that disbelief look on their face when you ask them anything. I think part of the job description for these places is must be a numpty, and know nothing about what we're selling. Reminds me of the time in PC World when I asked the spec of a Laptop and the assistant didn't know, and didn't know how to check, I taught them how to check in control panel or check DXDIAG command, they were still clueless when I walked away.

But no, getting a PS5 on release day will not be an issue if I decide to buy one over the XBSX (which will also not need a pre order). As stated before this happens every single console generation, people panic, shortages are insinuated, and it never comes to light, whilst it's true Covid could play a factor this gen, it's still extremely unlikely they will sell out.

Some videos/tweets and such last night were borderline crazy, people were actually crying because they couldn't pre order a console, and low and behold less than 24 hours later you can pretty much pre order in several places.

Has John Lewis sold out already? Showing OOS but it wasn't there this morning when I checked.

Looks like it buddy.

I'm just not sure if people have managed to preorder or it's just a preliminary message before preorders have gone live.

I'm just not sure if people have managed to preorder or it's just a preliminary message before preorders have gone live.

Are you picking one up then (or trying?)

Argos been saying out of stock all morning. Had one in my basket at 6.27am but when I went to checkout it said there were none available.

It's a shame I cannot use my nacon ultimate controller with PS5 games. I will have to sell it and get a second PS5 controller.

I will wait for reviewes before purchasing the headphones and am unsure what the camera is for (probably PSVR2).

This generation,I have got a PS PRO and xbox one x, however, I will stick with a PS5 next generation, as I found having two consoles was not really worth having as there are no exclusives worth playing on the Xbox and the I found the OS of the xbox a joke (slow and sluggish), which is a surprise considering microsoft are primarily a software company.
The xbox was however a much much better media player, but my shield pro will take care of that now.

I want to add to the previous discussion about the register your interest system. Though it rarely ever works, it has worked for me in two instances for the PS5 pre-order. One for Smyths, though I was asleep and I do not know if the email was sent on time (11:58 pm), and one just now from Currys - this one is interesting. Because I placed a pre-order with them yesterday, paying them the £5.00 deposit. Received the pre-order confirmation on the page with pre-order number, but no email. Asked chat agent for an email, they said due to an error with their system the pre-order was not fulfilled and I will be refunded. But I just got an email with a countdown saying they are now getting stock exclusively for me, if it works then that's great. But based on yesterdays fiasco with their site crashing, I will hold out hopes till I see it works.

I'll second that. I managed to get one around 7.50am albeit without refreshing so may have tried at a low-peak time.

I could add it to the basket but couldn't get it delivered, just kept refreshing that page.

It's a shame I cannot use my nacon ultimate controller with PS5 games. I will have to sell it and get a second PS5 controller.

I will wait for reviewes before purchasing the headphones and am unsure what the camera is for (probably PSVR2).

This generation,I have got a PS PRO and xbox one x, however, I will stick with a PS5 next generation, as I found having two consoles was not really worth having as there are no exclusives worth playing on the Xbox and the I found the OS of the xbox a joke (slow and sluggish), which is a surprise considering microsoft are primarily a software company.
The xbox was however a much much better media player, but my shield pro will take care of that now.

Nice. I haven't owned an Xbox since the original console, which I loved, my favourite Microsoft console. I'm not counting the brief time I had the launch Xbox One at launch and S model for some reason, I did not own them for very long. I used the One S mainly as a 4K player and to play Killer Instinct at the time but I use my PC for that now. I can even play Killer Instinct on my PC I think. I sold my Pro after I finished The Last of Us Part II, so going all in for the PS5 is a no brainer and I am super stoked; I only play a few games a year these days, but have so many PS4 games I still want to play, and am hoping for hopefully some minor enchantments on PS5, at least perhaps resolution. I am always a day 1 launch person, but I won't be getting the X this time due to no interest and I cannot afford to. These fun and exciting times only come around once every 5 - 7 years so I always relish them, I always have vivid memories of them. The Switch launch was the last launch I was stoked to be a part of and took the day off work for that. I ordered Breath of the Wild Limited Edition with my grey Switch and unboxing those two things were f ing amazing.

I could add it to the basket but couldn't get it delivered, just kept refreshing that page.
If I remember, I had to put my postcode in a box, at which point in then let me click on Delivery (I think) and then go to checkout and entering my card details.

It says Argos offers the finance option But when do you find out because I definitely don’t want to pay upfront? Currently my PS5 is in the basket.

Just had an email from Currys saying they will be getting limited stock today at 12pm. The email has a countdown clock which at this moment is reading 49 minutes. So be quick.

Ugh, mate just rang me, after staying up all night to get one off Argos (he called me and woke me up when they appeared so I could get one) only they took his money but the transaction never completed and he’s missed out. He’s absolutely fuming and I feel bad I got one.

Just had an email from Currys saying they will be getting limited stock today at 12pm. The email has a countdown clock which at this moment is reading 49 minutes. So be quick.
Got that too. But it takes you to a page saying they are sold out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom