PS5 Pre-Order

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Wow finally got one at long last !!!!
Never heard of Royston Cropper before does he own Roy's Rolls ?
119700226_3264050683643279_199162017150472409_n.jpg

fallinlight

Distinguished Member
@theprestige, nice to see you on here, dude, hope you are well - Last of Us Part II second playthrough is just a couple of months away for me dude! Pending at least one of PS5 pre-orders comes through, I am hopeful, though.

fallinlight

Distinguished Member

DLPMaybe

For those unaware, one of the classic trackers, but not always time accurate:

Another useful one:

You might have had better success with another/ without one. Stock Informer helped me get a charging station just now on Amazon, looks like it was the only 1 in stock at the time.
I managed to bag a John Lewis one for my son using the website and the sound alarm. Many thanks. Placing the order with the alarm going off added to the adrenalin. He will be over the moon.

Stoneheart

I don't do queues out on the high street, anything and anyone can jog on if they think I will queue in my own home, not a chance...

Ta Stoneheart.

fallinlight

Distinguished Member
For me, it said In stock, clicking it makes it say Out of stock. And now it just says Out of stock.
It's OK, I have pre-orders from Amazon and GAME. Going by the success rates, errors, retailers such as GAME, and low allocations for this launch, one is back up and a hopeful third is to keep sealed/ untouched for my video games collection.

fallinlight

Distinguished Member
I managed to bag a John Lewis one for my son using the website and the sound alarm. Many thanks. Placing the order with the alarm going off added to the adrenalin. He will be over the moon.
That makes me really f ing happy, man. Well done to you, sir!

tasman

Just got a digital edition from Zatu Games. I use them for board games but turns out they do video games and consoles as well.

Matt Wood

Finally got my pre order with currys. Had got disc version because digital one sold out. Originally I was gonna get digital but actually decided on disc. Just thought even I’ll most likely get all games digitally but I’ll at least have the option of discs if I see a game I want cheap.

theprestige

I didn't get it wrong. YOU didn't really give any reasonings. You just said people shouldn't fall in to the trap of going digital.
Not to get into an argument or anything but you actually did get it wrong, my friend. You made the incorrect assumption that my reasonings behind remaining faithful to physical media was made through financial concerns, which is actually the least of my concerns regarding that.

fallinlight

Distinguished Member
Finally got my pre order with currys. Had got disc version because digital one sold out. Originally I was gonna get digital but actually decided on disc. Just thought even I’ll most likely get all games digitally but I’ll at least have the option of discs if I see a game I want cheap.
Awesome man. Similar here, but the reverse regarding phys/ dig.

:thumbsup:

theprestige

I'm not going to be an early adopter this time round. I brought the PS4 about a year after it launched and regretted getting it so early, so i'm going to wait out on the PS5 for a good couple of years at least. Plus the price is too high for me.

Last edited:

nobbyclark

Waited in Currys queue for 40 minutes and then informed they'd sold out. Looks like they sold about 5000.

fallinlight

Distinguished Member
Waited in Currys queue for 40 minutes and then informed they'd sold out. Looks like they sold about 5000.
Same. Head up, it's the endgame now sadly, so all about scraping for what's left.

damo09

Cant help but think sony have a warehouse with an absolute shed load in. Just waiting for us..

damo09

On another point has anyone got a 2nd preordained they don't need.

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
Got mine in with Amazon. I'm going disc as I like the option to buy physical and add to my collection.
I wonder how many units are actually heading to these shores. If its a good amount its really positive they are being snapped up.

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
Guys this is just the 1st wave.
There will be more available in coming weeks and on Launch day on the 19th.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Guys this is just the 1st wave.
There will be more available in coming weeks and on Launch day on the 19th.
There will be a shedload available on the day in the big cities at least.

When Amazon let me down with delivery of my One X, I got one that afternoon from Argos on my way home from work.

Geoggy

I admire your optimism but what is different than the PS4?

Add a global ongoing pandemic and I think anyone not sat on a pre order may struggle.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I'm not going to be an early adopter this time round. I brought the PS4 about a year after it launched and regretted getting it so early, so i'm going to wait out on the PS5 for a good couple of years at least. Plus the price is too high for me.
Then why try and take another Thread Off Topic with your ramblings and jizzing all over Physical Media and calling people out when they choose to spend their hard earned money on a Digital Console.

If you want to debate it or get it off your chest then start a thread in the PS Section about Physical vs Digital and put your reasons in there. Talking down to people about falling into a trap or being conned because they don't care about discs when they are just trying to pre-order a new toy is just not cool man.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
brought the ps4 where? about a year after it launched.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews

Latest News

Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen adds 48-inch OLED to Beovision TV range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 18th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton