PS5 Pre-Order

TheGamer147

Established Member
Reaction score
Where everyone pre-ordering from...does Argos open midnight like game etc thinking of getting from there.

I'll be pre-ordering, now idea where from yet. Any news on when its on pre-order or costs?

I registered my interest with Shopto which also guaranteed a place in line about a month ago before the PS5 reveal. I believe once pre-orders are open they’ll contact me to ask which SKU I’m after.

im going digital and going all out. Ordered the remote and DualSense charging dock Too. I may go for the pulse headset but don’t know if they’re usually any good

I did the shopto thing also. I wonder if they will do a midnight launch. They’re not far from me.

I registered my interest with Shopto which also guaranteed a place in line about a month ago before the PS5 reveal. I believe once pre-orders are open they’ll contact me to ask which SKU I’m after.

im going digital and going all out. Ordered the remote and DualSense charging dock Too. I may go for the pulse headset but don’t know if they’re usually any good
I wouldn't buy that headset and here's why.
It looks like it has exactly the same headband as the platinum headset, which the most goddamn uncomfortable thing I've ever had on my head. It actually causes pain after a short while. They also make my head really hot, so be careful about buying blind. I gave my golds away to buy them and I'd swap them back in a heartbeat, especially as they sound pretty much the same!

Yeah I’m not too set on them. I’d probably buy some other headphones as long as I don’t miss out on the 3D audio stuff

Does anyone use the Arctis pro wireless?

thinking about getting these.

Won’t be doing anything until all the details are released about backward compatibility for games and peripherals , oh , and price .....

I wouldn't buy that headset and here's why.
It looks like it has exactly the same headband as the platinum headset, which the most goddamn uncomfortable thing I've ever had on my head. It actually causes pain after a short while. They also make my head really hot, so be careful about buying blind. I gave my golds away to buy them and I'd swap them back in a heartbeat, especially as they sound pretty much the same!
Are these the first and only 3d audio headphones available, is it just a sony thing or do they have any out already? would love a pair but hate the design personally.

edit: I see I will have to wait for the ps5 headphones..

Last edited:
Will any wired headphones work on ps5? 3D audio doesn’t require specific headphones on Xbox, I’d have thought PlayStation would work the same way.

Will any wired headphones work on ps5? 3D audio doesn’t require specific headphones on Xbox, I’d have thought PlayStation would work the same way.
I'm pretty sure Cerny said the legacy headphones can still utilise the tempest 3d audio in his presentation.

8:30 pm, an announcement on twitter or what mate?

The same guy who originally said july 13th, has given times from his source. It could be as simple as appearing on the playstation blog and twitter...and indeed likely all playstation platforms Of course I take all this with a pinch of salt until I see it! But he was right about the june date and event.

Roberto Surrano is his name who is an industry insider, and has a twitter page

Last edited:
The same guy who originally said july 13th, has given times from his source. It could be as simple as appearing on the playstation blog and twitter...and indeed likely all playstation platforms Of course I take all this with a pinch of salt until I see it! But he was right about the june date and event.

Roberto Surrano is his name who is an industry insider, and has a twitter page
Thanks mate, I shall follow him.
just also seen a potential leak of a promo pamphlet with a black and red ps5.. hope it’s true. :)

7B4C7A1D-BF38-483D-978D-37D89CA71CFC.jpeg

Thanks mate, I shall follow him.
just also seen a potential leak of a promo pamphlet with a black and red ps5.. hope it’s true. :)

View attachment 1333665
Thats been proven to be fake, although I cannot see them not releasing a black console!

that was confirmed fake I believe.

My guess is that a black console will appear as a special edition with one of the big game releases next year. Horizon Zero Dawn maybe ? or GT7 ?

Ah bummer. Look forward to a black one myself :D
Then again my ps5 will be hidden in my cabinet so will only really need to get a black controller and headphones when they're eventually out..

Does anyone use the Arctis pro wireless?

thinking about getting these.

I'm using both the Siberia 800 and the Arctis 7 - the Arctis Pro Wireless is basically a mixture of those two (the Arctis 7 headset + the "box" from Siberia 800). The sound quality on the 800 is great, and I love the separate chat mix dial on the Arctis 7.

The Arctis series is a bit too small for my liking, but if you can, I would try on the Arctis before buying it to see if you like the fit. They should all have the exact same build quality, so if you can find any of the models in the Arctis range, it should give you a good idea.

dont know about controllers but there are bound to be stickers or "skins" for PS5 by the time its in our sweaty little mitts.

I'm not overly fussed, more interested in will steering wheels work and game release dates.

dont know about controllers but there are bound to be stickers or "skins" for PS5 by the time its in our sweaty little mitts.

I'm not overly fussed, more interested in will steering wheels work and game release dates.
Yeah never had a steering wheel setup but as I'm getting a 77" oled soon I may get one for super game immersion :D :love:
Would need one that could be used while reclining on couch though :rotfl:

you all sitting at your laptops/mobiles with multiple pages open in anticipation....you bunch of nerds...(flicks between multiple open tabs) :laugh::rotfl::laugh:

annnnnnnnnnnnd....

no preorders yet :laugh: :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom