PS5 over heating issues

rondai17

Novice Member
Reaction score
My PS5 only over heats and sends me the notification when I’m trying to play 2k21 next gen that I purchased digitally yesterday. But for some odd reason all of my digital games that I transferred from my PS4 works perfectly fine. Any suggestions for some type of resolution to this problem ?

My PS5 only over heats and sends me the notification when I’m trying to play 2k21 next gen that I purchased digitally yesterday. But for some odd reason all of my digital games that I transferred from my PS4 works perfectly fine. Any suggestions for some type of resolution to this problem ?

Which 2k21 game are you playing? I have no issues with PGA 2k21 but I'm guessing you're playing something else....

Standard edition with Zion on the cover. It only overheats when in game

I've no idea who/what Zion is. I'm going to guess you're talking about NBA 2K21 but it might be helpful if you could just tell us 🙂.

Yes NBA2K21 next Gen. my bad, the system only over heats when in game playing NBA2K21 next gen

I think he's on about the digits version of this:-

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 16.50.13.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 16.50.13.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 169
I’ve not heard any stories about overheating PS5’s. Where do you keep yours?

This notification comes on and I can hear the fans turn on. Only when I’m in game on nba2k21 next Gen.

Attachments

• 7AC06AE5-228E-4E5C-B539-D27DD6317CF0.jpeg
    7AC06AE5-228E-4E5C-B539-D27DD6317CF0.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 189
Is the fan working?

Edit: cross-posted :D

How long can you play before it overheats?

I’m surprised that overheats there, it looks a lot better ventilated than many I’ve seen. I wonder if it’s some sort of game related bug causing it, as it’s only that game.

It may be a hardware fault being shown up by a more demanding game. This is my hunch. Obviously whether others have the same issue or not will give us a better idea.

Does the game have any different graphics modes?

There’s a thread for the game here Nba 2k21

It might be worth asking in there if any other players have experienced the same?

It may be a hardware fault being shown up by a more demanding game. This is my hunch. Obviously whether others have the same issue or not will give us a better idea.

Does the game have any different graphics modes?
It’s doesn’t have graphics mode that I know of. Cant find any. I’m assuming it’s a bug or hardware fault.

There’s a thread for the game here Nba 2k21

It might be worth asking in there if any other players have experienced the same?
I’m having the same issue, were you able to find out the issue? It also happened twice when playing RE8

I’m having the same issue, were you able to find out the issue? It also happened twice when playing RE8
I didn’t actually have this issue, I haven’t played the game in question. I was just trying to help the member who was.

Here's an analysis of the cooling solutions in the PS5. Memory runs hot.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom