PS5 not connecting to WiFi

Frank Smith

Hi all

I got my console yesterday and all seemed fine at first. I started to download Borderlands 3 and I then started to get a bunch of connection issues. First I kept dropping out of my voice chat session and then the internet just went. Funny thing, it looks like my router somehow reset itself. Set everything back up again, all my devices now connect to Wifi but the PS5 refuses to connect. I just get a generic message that something went wrong.

I have little doubt it was the PS5 that somehow forced router to reset back to default settings (back to original wifi name, password and everything). Right now the PS5 simply won't connect to the internet via Wifi.

Any ideas?

mudshark

Distinguished Member
That's odd. Have you tried setting up a separate SSID and see if it connects to that?

Frank Smith

That's odd. Have you tried setting up a separate SSID and see if it connects to that?
What's an SSID? One thing, it does connect if I select 2GHZ only but only does like 1mb download and even less upload. I've changed the router name and a few other stuff. I am thinking maybe the wifi on the PS5 is broken.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
Is your router 5ghz capable?

mudshark

Distinguished Member
Perhaps the radio is knackered in the console then

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom