PS5 loud noise

Tboy25

I managed to get a PS5 bundle a few weeks ago but I’ve started to nice a loud noise coming out of my PS5.

I think it might be the fan, also there appears to be something loose inside it as when I lifted it up to put flat could hear a slight rattle.

Has anyone else had any issues with their PS5 like this?

Also I really don’t want to return it due to the shortage so I’m hoping Sony can fix it.

Anyone have any experience with Sony, if so what is their customer service like?

Spence0108

I managed to get a PS5 bundle a few weeks ago but I’ve started to nice a loud noise coming out of my PS5.

I think it might be the fan, also there appears to be something loose inside it as when I lifted it up to put flat could hear a slight rattle.

Has anyone else had any issues with their PS5 like this?

Also I really don’t want to return it due to the shortage so I’m hoping Sony can fix it.

Anyone have any experience with Sony, if so what is their customer service like?
I had a loud fan on my day 1 PS5 but the main issue I had was overheating and crashing the console. I did send mine back to Sony and received a brand new one. It took about 2/3 weeks in total and the PS5 I have now has a slight fan noise but I haven't cleaned the fan out yet but will soon other than that its been fine with no overheating issues.

With the rattle you have in yours have your taken the plates off to have a look?

Tboy25

Thanks mate I ended up returning it and got a replacement in the end. I recorded a video and sent it to them and they accepted it back for a replacement

thewhofan

Mine makes a fair bit of noise which I can hear in a quiet room or when watching Netflix on it. It's not the fan but coil wine. The noise comes from near the base rather than where the fan is.

RTC89

Mine makes a fair bit of noise which I can hear in a quiet room or when watching Netflix on it. It's not the fan but coil wine. The noise comes from near the base rather than where the fan is.
My PS5 has the slightly louder fan think they is 3 different ones well out the 3 I have the loudest out the lot. Still I wouldnt say its terrible but the bonus of all this is i don't hear coil whine as much anymore :)

Spence0108

My PS5 has the slightly louder fan think they is 3 different ones well out the 3 I have the loudest out the lot. Still I wouldnt say its terrible but the bonus of all this is i don't hear coil whine as much anymore :)
Yeah I have the louder fan but only really hear it if my sound is quiet or in silent bits of games

Spence0108

think none of them are quiet mate so wouldnt worry enjoy it :thumbsup:
I'm not worried at all by it. Half the time I don't notice it anyway. Only time I really noticed it was when I play RE village but then I decided headphones for a RE game is the best way to played anway.

RTC89

I'm not worried at all by it. Half the time I don't notice it anyway. Only time I really noticed it was when I play RE village but then I decided headphones for a RE game is the best way to played anway.
Yeah ive heard quite a few ps5's and they all sound the same noise wise slight difference in fan noise between different ones but again very slight.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom