Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NHL 21

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Paradise Lost

• Redo: Enhanced Edition

• Total voters
Updated the list as GTAV isn't until next year and added more titles confirmed for 2020 which presumably will be likely launch titles:

Spiderman: Miles Morales
Demon Souls
Godfall
Dirt 5
Deathloop
Oddworld - Soulstorm
Kena - Bridge of Spirits
Fifa
Call of Duty Black Ops 5
Assassins Creed
Little Devil Inside
Destruction Allstars
Destiny 2
Bugsnax
Madden
Watch Dogs Legion
WRC 9
Cyberpunk 2077 (if that counts)
Gran Tourismo 7
Dying Light 2
Rainbow 6 Quarantine
Outriders
NBA2K
Madden
Planet Coaster
Jett: The Far Shore
Chivalry 2
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
Observer System Redux
Fortnite
Cris Tales
Sackboy: A big adventure
Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Seige
Call of Duty Warzone
League of Legends: Wild Rift

Pretty big launch lineup if they all make it

Last edited:
Hmm it's ok, but very mainstream with a lot of current-gen+shiny-graphics-added, so i hope more indies get announced like past PS consoles.

No mech games? Was hoping FROM might plop out AC6 even if cross-gen.

Spiderman: Miles Morales
Demon Souls
Godfall
Dirt 5
Deathloop
Oddworld - Soulstorm
Kena - Bridge of Spirits
Fifa
Call of Duty Black Ops 5
Assassins Creed
Little Devil Inside
Destruction Allstars
Destiny 2
Bugsnax
Madden
Watch Dogs Legion
WRC 9
Cyberpunk 2077 (if that counts)
Gran Tourismo 7
Dying Light 2
Rainbow 6 Quarantine
Outriders
NBA2K
Madden
Planet Coaster
Jett: The Far Shore
Chivalry 2
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
Observer System Redux
Fortnite
Cris Tales
Sackboy: A big adventure
Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Seige
Call of Duty Warzone
League of Legends: Wild Rift
Marvel Avengers
Crash Bandicoot 4?

The list gets bigger again

@jjgreenwood

Why dont you just edit your first post and keep the list of titles in there? Saves you having to keep posting the list over and over.

@jjgreenwood

Why dont you just edit your first post and keep the list of titles in there? Saves you having to keep posting the list over and over.
the little boy in me like seeing the list grow and seeing the thread bounce back the top when I update it

Poll added which seemed to be a better way of listing the titles

Bugsnax, end of

League of Legends is not confirmed for nextgen consoles. Yet.

Interesting stats so far. 5 voters, 15 votes which means only 3 games per person on average - out of 34. Personally, I only picked 2 from the list, which means I will probably just hold off on a PS5 until there are some more games I want to play - or at least until I know some more details on backwards compatibility, since I still have quite a few PS4 games I want to finish/start.

I voted only for Spider Man. The others that I’m interested in either don’t have dates yet (I’m not keen on creating hype around a launch lineup based on us making up which games are launch titles) or are cross-gen/multi platform so I’ll wait before deciding whether I get them on ps5 or series x (Kena being the main example- appears to be a time limited ps exclusive).

If GT and Forza are both launch titles on their respective platforms then that gives me a headache- I will only get one or the other on day one.

I picked 6, and there are at least 3 others I would consider.

6 is probably enough for the launch window considering that we have BC.

Only Demon souls for me if I get a launch console and it is a launch game. Will get Cyberpunk on PC and there is nothing at all there that says next gen to me and I thought the games reveal was very underwhelming.

Destiny will be free for me, so will load that (though not the latest DLC if I have to pay twice for that) but doubt I will play it on PS5.

Interesting stats so far. 5 voters, 15 votes which means only 3 games per person on average - out of 34. Personally, I only picked 2 from the list, which means I will probably just hold off on a PS5 until there are some more games I want to play - or at least until I know some more details on backwards compatibility, since I still have quite a few PS4 games I want to finish/start.

Officially - "the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5".

It is also confirmed that you can play these from an external HDD attached to your PS5, they don't have to be installed on the SSD.

PS5 has three announced backwards compatibility modes:
- native PS5 mode
- Legacy PS4 Pro mode
- Legacy PS4 mode

One can reasonably assume that, at a minimum, almost all games will operate in one of the legacy modes and only a handful of broken games will not.

However, there will also be a number of games that work in native PS5 mode i.e. take advantage of the additional power to improve the PS4 game in terms of resolution and/or frame rate. Here is where Cerny talked about having tested the top 100 games by play time and the results being good.

Obviously there is more to come on this.

I think there is another category of game that hasn't been talked about yet where there is a PS5 enhanced version of games that do more than just improve resolution and frames. This will obviously be up to the publisher to provide a patch, but I suspect we might see something across the board on first party games.

However, there will also be a number of games that work in native PS5 mode i.e. take advantage of the additional power to improve the PS4 game in terms of resolution and/or frame rate. Here is where Cerny talked about having tested the top 100 games by play time and the results being good.

Obviously there is more to come on this.

I think there is another category of game that hasn't been talked about yet where there is a PS5 enhanced version of games that do more than just improve resolution and frames. This will obviously be up to the publisher to provide a patch, but I suspect we might see something across the board on first party games.

Yeah, and it is this part that I am interesting in hearing more about. If I can play "enough" (i.e. more than 2-3 that I are relevant for me) PS4 games with higher/more stable framerates for instance, then I am interested.

The thing is, I don't want to buy a PS5 to have alongside the PS4, which is neatly mounted on my wall at the moment. The PS5 needs to work as a replacement, which either A) enhances my current games or B) gives me enough new games to play. I am sure B will happen eventually, but A would speed up my decision to buy considerably.

Either way, I am looking forward to (hopefully) seeing a list of titles and how they will be supported.

Now, enough from me about BC in this thread. :)

Only Demon souls for me if I get a launch console and it is a launch game. Will get Cyberpunk on PC and there is nothing at all there that says next gen to me and I thought the games reveal was very underwhelming.

Destiny will be free for me, so will load that (though not the latest DLC if I have to pay twice for that) but doubt I will play it on PS5.

Demon Souls does not have a release date.. In fact at the time of posting this nearly a quarter of our votes have gone on games that don’t have release dates!

The longer I ponder on this the less enticing the launch gets. Still time for this to be turned around of course.

Hard to say with info currently available, i voted for:
Spiderman
Kena
Little Devil Inside
Cyberpunk
Outriders

But could consider:
DeathLoop
WatchDogs: Legion (only to run about virtual London, it's probably going to be a bit Ubi/shit)
Jett
Vampyre
Sackboy
All depending on whaat the games are actually like. Not interested in the sports, racing or PS4-enhanced games.

believe it or not we've run out of poll these additional games should be there for launch:

Skeletal Avenger
The Pathless

I regret putting GT7 and Demon Souls into the mix as they are far from confirmed for launch but time will tell.

Hopefully GTA V is the only example we’ll ever see of a PS5 remaster of a PS4 remaster of a PS3 game.

Kena has to come off the list. I am more confident that Demons Souls will make launch though, and personally I’m more hopeful for Sackboy too (hoping for local co-op on that as it’s something my daughter will play).

Kena has to come off the list. I am more confident that Demons Souls will make launch though, and personally I’m more hopeful for Sackboy too (hoping for local co-op on that as it’s something my daughter will play).
I’m really looking forward to playing Kena. Think it looks excellent. Kena, Ratchet, Demon’s Souls, GT, Miles Morales. That’s my launch window (assuming GT makes it).

Indeed, that's a bit of a shame as it was one of the more promising launch titles.

not sure if this is the right place , but
is there a list of games that be upgraded to the PS5 ,
( i think im right in saying that cyperpunk 2077 is one of those games that can bought on the PS4 then for a few ££ be upgraded to the PS5 version ?- correct me if im wrong :) )

are there any more games that are like that ?

also are games going to be round about the £70 price point for a new game ?

not sure if this is the right place , but
is there a list of games that be upgraded to the PS5 ,
( i think im right in saying that cyperpunk 2077 is one of those games that can bought on the PS4 then for a few ££ be upgraded to the PS5 version ?- correct me if im wrong :) )

are there any more games that are like that ?

also are games going to be round about the £70 price point for a new game ?
Dirt 5 will have a free upgrade, Assassin's Creed will have a free upgrade, Call of Duty will have a payed for upgrade. Think that's all I know at the moment

Witcher 3
Borderlands 3
Control (Ultimate Edition only)
Doom Eternal
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Destiny 2
Far Cry 6
Rainbow 6 Siege
Watch Dogs Legion
Dead by Daylight
WRC 9
FIFA 21
Madden 21
NBA 2K21
Marvels Avengers
Hitman 3
Kena

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom