Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NHL 21

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Paradise Lost

• Redo: Enhanced Edition

• Total voters
Lot of forum chat on this subject the last couple of days.

Strongest candidates for exclusive launch window games (all speculation of course) seem to be:

- Demon's Souls remake from Bluepoint (this was all but "confirmed" as a thing by Jason Schrier)
- Something from Insomniac, probably Ratchet & Clank with Spiderman 2 coming later
- Something from Guerrilla, mostly likely a FPS game but not necessarily Killzone. Less likely to be HZD 2.
- Gran Turismo
- MLB: The Show
- A new game from Housemarque

Would expect to see that padded out with PS5 patches for:
- TLOU part 2
- Ghost of Tshushima
- Day's Gone
- Death Stranding
- Dreams

I suspect it's because the demand for a high quality game is there, but the actual sales to back it up, aren't.
Fans of GT seem to want absolutele perfection but it's a limited audience really.

On topic, the PS4 launch titles were Killzone 3 and Fifa 14. Can't recall if CoD Ghosts was out on day 1 or not?
I would assume there will be another CoD around Christmas so should be around the same time as the PS5.

I'd be shocked given how close we are/we're to LTOU2 coming out that there wouldn't be a PS5 version. Almost certain enough that I might resist buying the PS4 version when it releases.

I'd bank on Fifa 21 being available as well.

Killzone 3 was PS3, it was Shadowfall on PS4. These were all of the Day 1 games:

Third-Party Titles

Angry Birds Star Wars
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Call of Duty Ghosts
FIFA 14
Battlefield 4
Just Dance 2014
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14

Sony Computer Entertainment Titles

Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Escape Plan
Flow

Indie Titles

Contrast
Pinball Arcade
Super Motherload
Tiny Brains
Warframe

Strongest candidates for exclusive launch window games (all speculation of course) seem to be:

- Demon's Souls remake from Bluepoint (this was all but "confirmed" as a thing by Jason Schrier)
- Something from Insomniac, probably Ratchet & Clank with Spiderman 2 coming later
- Something from Guerrilla, mostly likely a FPS game but not necessarily Killzone. Less likely to be HZD 2.
- Gran Turismo

- TLOU part 2
- Ghost of Tshushima
- Day's Gone
- Death Stranding
- Dreams

The Insomniac game is looking far more like a new Resistance going by the tweets they have been doing for it including the one today.

Killzone 3 was PS3, it was Shadowfall on PS4. These were all of the Day 1 games:

Third-Party Titles

Angry Birds Star Wars
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Call of Duty Ghosts
FIFA 14
Battlefield 4
Just Dance 2014
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14

Sony Computer Entertainment Titles

Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Escape Plan
Flow

Indie Titles

Contrast
Pinball Arcade
Super Motherload
Tiny Brains
Warframe

Guessing a lot of those games were digital from the online store only?
And the majority are not the reason people paid £350 for a PS4 on launch day when they look like PS2 games.
I barely recall any games on shelves on release day. Not because they'd sold out but because there just weren't any.
Didn't help it was Black Friday that day though.

Guessing a lot of those games were digital from the online store only?
And the majority are not the reason people paid £350 for a PS4 on launch day when they look like PS2 games.
I barely recall any games on shelves on release day. Not because they'd sold out but because there just weren't any.
Didn't help it was Black Friday that day though.
Driveclub was also supposed to be out for launch but didn't arrive til later. Most people at the time just wanted to play Battlefield from what I remember.

COD Warzone will be updated to support PS5.

COD Warzone will be updated to support PS5.
That'll give me a good hours of gameplay before it goes on eBay :rotfl:
Unless they repeat the BlackOps decision to cut the campaign out entirely. Then unwrapping the box will be the highlight of the game. :thumbsdow

That'll give me a good hours of gameplay before it goes on eBay :rotfl:
Unless they repeat the BlackOps decision to cut the campaign out entirely. Then unwrapping the box will be the highlight of the game. :thumbsdow
You won't get much for it on eBay seeing as it is free.

That's too much for running around in 10 minute sessions repeating the same cack over and over.
I am sensing this game may not be for you.

I am sensing this game may not be for you.
The campaigns on CoD are always very good but very short. It's quite sad how few of the millions of people that buy each version of the game actually play the campaigns and experience the story. Eventually I suspect the makers will spend less and less effort on it and it'll just be online multiplayer only. That saddens me tbh.

The campaigns on CoD are always very good but very short. It's quite sad how few of the millions of people that buy each version of the game actually play the campaigns and experience the story. Eventually I suspect the makers will spend less and less effort on it and it'll just be online multiplayer only. That saddens me tbh.

They've already done it with Call of Duty: Warzone and Call of Duty Mobile. No campaign just straight multiplayer.

- Gran Turismo

- TLOU part 2
- Ghost of Tshushima
- Day's Gone
- Death Stranding
- Dreams

Going to correct myself here. After a bit of digging it seems that Guerrilla expanded significantly at end 2018/beginning 2019 and also moved to a new office. This followed creation of a second team with ex-Rainbow 6 developers.

HZD sequel has been in development since 2017 supposedly as team moved straight on to it, whilst the second team's game was in pre-production mid-19.

So Horizon 2 as a launch game, new FPS to come in 21 maybe.

Also worth noting that although the last couple of years have been pretty stacked Sony have not actually revealed a major first party game since 2017.

In addition to Guerrilla adding a second team in 2018 so did Santa Monica.

Even the announcement of a new Killzone game inline with 2 and 3 will be enough for me this next gen

Last edited by a moderator:
Also worth noting that although the last couple of years have been pretty stacked Sony have not actually revealed a major first party game since 2017.
It's almost like they're developing games well ahead of some big event; dropping them say around 2020/21?

It's almost like they're developing games well ahead of some big event; dropping them say around 2020/21?

Indeed. More so than last time. Launch window was weak for PS4, reckon that won't be repeated.

It still pains me there’ll be no Motorstorm :( - I’d have had my preorder in already...

What's happened to Evolution Studios, I would love a new Driveclub.

Closed in 2016.

Most of the dev team went to Codemasters and were let go from there when Onrush flopped.

I'd love a Warhawk remaster/new game, cant believe its been almost 13 years!
The lighting was beautiful.

There are Reddit rumours doing the rounds that Bluepoint games are doing two exclusives for PS5, (Mount Everest sized salt pile for this one.)

The first is Jak and Daxter taking the previous trilogy and making it one big game with additional story and gameplay elements linking it all together, said to be a PS5 launch day title.

The second game is said to be a reboot of the first Legacy of Kain game, Bluepoint is said to be working with Square-Enix on this one with a 2021 release.

both are to be announced during the Summer Gamefest at some point.

I saw that too, and whilst I’d love to see a Legacy of Kain remake ....

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

Also Bluepoint are meant to be remaking Demon's Souls.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom