• Paradise Lost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Redo: Enhanced Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jjgreenwood

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Any been announced yet? Any known firstparty studios working on stuff?

Any been announced yet? Any known firstparty studios working on stuff?

Nope! but I'm pretty sure all the games releasing in 2020 will either be ported over or get patched when PS5 is released.

Death Stranding confirmed (by Cerny) as cross-gen.

Don't think its been fully confirmed though. It was more of the question wasn't answered so everyone took that as yes.

Ok, fair enough.

MLB The Show has to be a cert as a launch (window) title.

TBH the release is a year and a half away. We'll find out next E3 for sure. Perhaps they might do another earlier conference like they did for the PS4 and we may see some there.

And, of course, we’re going to get KNACK 3

TBH the release is a year and a half away. We'll find out next E3 for sure. Perhaps they might do another earlier conference like they did for the PS4 and we may see some there.

I’m totally expecting a separate event next spring or maybe something tied in to PSX in December.

Maybe the next Assassins creed will be a launch title, could even have two versions one PS4 which launches earlier and one PS5 for launch as they did with Black Flag.

I'm more interested in what is going to compete with Halo for the MS launch, MLB the show isn't a big draw lol

I'm more interested in what is going to compete with Halo for the MS launch, MLB the show isn't a big draw lol
I'm pretty sure there will be something. Come back in 12 months, we should know.

PS4 is going to have an amazing last year:

Dreams sometime soonish
Death Stranding - Nov 19
Last of Us Part 2 - Feb 20
Final Fantasy VII - Mar 20
Ghost of Tsushima - April/May 20?

I would expect all of those to have a PS5 version at launch in addition to the PS4 version being playable.

In speculative mode I think the following studios are ripe for a PS5 exclusive:
- Guerrilla Games: Horizon 2?
- Polyphony: GT7
- Japan Studio: Knack 3 (obviously) + A N Other

But @jjgreenwood does anyone really care about HALO anymore? Does it need to be countered?

I'm not sure they do zt1903, same for gears. Microsoft don't seem to have capitalised on the lore & world for either title and they seem to have just gone by the wayside not really moving the game on in any significant way. There has been an opportunity for a cinematic strong narrative for both titles which I don't feel has been met. Halo guardians was a disappointment for me and I'm still yet to bother to play it the whole way through - which is a shame as Halo 4 was a pretty strong game. I did watch the TV series bit which came with it which was pretty rubbish tbh - I'd rather they spent more time on a quality campaign. The need for coop essentially ruined the whole feel of one powerful guy against the world which Halo was known for.

I'd be very interested in PS5 if it launched with a raytraced GT7, especially if it was a traditional GT title as I always enjoyed the challenge of those and feel it was a bit unique in it approach. I don't think we have really seen anything quite like it in recent years and I didn't enjoy GT Sport.

I dont think they will be making gran turismo 7 anytime soon polyphony take ages to make their games and they are still adding tracks and cars for gran turismo sport

Apparently Guerrilla Games are working on a multitplayer title as well would that make launch? maybe killzone shadowfall was a launch title.

next gen we will see

spiderman 2
god of war 2
horizon zero dawn 2

I cant many exclusives being there for launch

And the next Gran Turismo?

Not a chance there'll be a completely new GT for PS5 launch. PD took how many years to finally release GTS, and that was a completely watered down alternative compared to traditional GT games. Don't get me wrong, that's not a dig, I personally lost interest in the older style games after GT2 as found the progression dull and very boring...who want's to race in some shite Estate car that goes about 70mph.... It was a case of additional cars for the sake of having lots of cars, rather than more cars to bolster the racing categories or excitement levels. There was too much filler to wade through to get to good stuff.

GTS on the other hand, I had no interest in whatsoever prior to launch because it was a GT game and for the reasons mentioned above. I then heard it was different and mainly MP focus so tried the beta to see how it played and absolutely loved it. Was completely hooked and it was the best online racing since PGR2. I never normally play racers online because they are a mess and a joke with too many idiots just ramming because they can. The penalty systems and gradings PD implemented in this, although not perfect, worked well and you generally have great clean racing. It is a joy to play. After the beta I pre-ordered the Gold version or whatever it was called and later even invested in a drivehub device so I could use my Xbox wheel on PS4 mainly for GTS.

For PS5 launch I think they may have some sort of upgraded version of GTS, but not a new game. That said with Backward compatibility being confirmed then GTS as it is now will work on PS5 and you'd hope by default the machine will improve some aspects, same as the Xbox X does with BC games. The one area really lacking in GTS is the underwhelming VR mode. That's where the new hardware's power could really come into it's own and offer proper VR gameplay with full grids, tidier resolution and textures etc. TBH that's one of the big pulls for me to PS5 (as well as the new Xbox), the fact my current VR headset could really come into it's own with better grunt behind it. I don't need a VR2, I'd just be happy with crisp visuals and better content which will be possible. So maybe a new GTS ultimate version with some graphics improvements and better VR just for PS5...that might happen.

I believe they've already shown GTS running in 8k. Thats not to say it will be 8k on a PS5, but its entirely possible there will be an upgraded GTS.

Re-render it, release a bunch of cars (WEC will be running hypercars by the time of release, M4 GT3 will probably he here, AMG GT3 Evo and so on...).

In all honesty there is little point in making and releasing a whole new GT game - better to just keep on adding tracks and cars, a new game won't really offer much.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom