PS5 installing PS4 version

crag949

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I understand the latest software update rectified the issue of the PS5 installing the PS4 version of the game as well.
I’ve updated to the latest software, upgraded to the PS5 version of the game and then gone into storage and deleted the PS4 version off the system to save space however every time I turn the console back on the PS4 version is ‘ added to downloads ‘ and starts trying to re install again. This is very frustrating. Can anyone help?

Thanks

I’ll keep an eye on this thread; my mate is having this issue with fifa 21.

i have read about closing the game rather than just ejecting then disc and also making sure the disc is not in the console when you power on but he’s yet to test these.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread; my mate is having this issue with fifa 21.

i have read about closing the game rather than just ejecting then disc and also making sure the disc is not in the console when you power on but he’s yet to test these.
I’m also having issue with Fifa 21. I’ve tried a database rebuild and it did cure it for 3 days and then started again on the 4th day.
Bit annoying having to take the disc out every-time when this issue is supposed to have been fixed.

I’m also having issue with Fifa 21. I’ve tried a database rebuild and it did cure it for 3 days and then started again on the 4th day.
Bit annoying having to take the disc out every-time when this issue is supposed to have been fixed.
Bizarrely, I have had no issues with mine but I always ‘close’ games before taking the disc out or turning off the console.

Bizarrely, I have had no issues with mine but I always ‘close’ games before taking the disc out or turning off the console.
So I sent my console off to Sony and they basically sent it back saying there is nothing wrong with it. I now use your method of ejecting the disc every time and it’s fine this way.
Would you do me a favour and leave a disk in yours, put it into standby and then turn it on and let me know if it starts installing the PS4 version. Thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom