PS5 Headset

Well, my merry go round of headphones continues - Pulse 3D going on the classifieds today - yes, they exceeded expectations but for me, they are blown away by a set of Beyer DT990 I've returned too. Comfort on the Beyer's is miles better also.

I'll miss the interaction with the PS5 UI (and the Beyer need the Creative G6 I have to power them effectively) but audio enjoyment is many tiers above to my ears.

Now if someone could tell me just to stick to Open Backed headphones no matter how many fancy features new wireless sets have, I may actually stop throwing money away :p
I'm going to buy open backs next but probably more gaming ones where I can control the chat and game vol better.
The epos are good but they aren't very easy to get a louder chat and quieter game.
I bought a better headphone cable but the plug is too fat to go into the headset so I'll have to look at the epos site and see if there's an adaptor.
I put upgraded pads on, and they're excellent but the tan ones looked nicer!

Hi all. Bit of help needed. I have a pair pf Astro a50s (green decals). And I wanna use them on my ps5 would I just need to buy a ps5 basestation ?

Well as an update, I have returned the X3 - mainly down to financial reasons - I just couldn't justify the price of them right now. They are a superb set of headphones and if (when) the price of them comes down, I will most definitely be re-buying.

Have bought a set of X2HR from Amazon Warehouse - in as new condition for £114 - which is odd as other "like new" condition ones go for £150 so not entirely sure what will be arriving today!

I’ve just pulled the trigger on a new pair of tb elite pro 2 picking them up tomorrow.

Cancelled them. Didn’t realise they were wired.

I’ve a credit voucher that brings the price down to £69 would it be a decent buy then? Can’t seem to get the newer versions from anywhere

I’ve a credit voucher that brings the price down to £69 would it be a decent buy then? Can’t seem to get the newer versions from anywhere
I bought a set of these last week for £130 as couldn't find the newer 7P in stock.

I'd get them if you can for that price.

For that price I doubt you can go wrong. I've got a set of 7X's and find them really comfortable. I got some cooling memory foam ear cups off Amazon and they are even better now :D

I’ve got the Arctis 7P, a massive improvement on the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 I had. Great quality all round, recommended 👍🏻

I finally got a female 3.5 to male 2.5 for my gsp 602's and now my mic is permanently acrive! How would an adaptor make this happen?
The improvement that the audioquest tower cable brings is hard to give up so I'll have to live with it, swap to the stock cable or try another adaptor.
The epos are great, the sound really is very good but not having a game/chat control on the headset is its ONLY downside.
So why did I buy an upgraded cable?
Well I don't like how braided cables stick to your clothing and its also too long, 1.2 vs 1.0 metres.
If there's a high quality headphone cable with right angled 3.5 male to 2.5 male then I'd like to know.
I plan to buy some open backed, more chat orientated cans towards the end of the year.
Still an 8/10 for me though

Love my Arctis 7P’s

Really comfortable, very decent surround/3D sound and the battery is unreal. I only have to charge them every 7-10 days and I play at least 2-4 hours every evening.

Well worth the money.

Only downside is I went for the black as I was fed up of waiting for the white to come back into stock.

Love my Arctis 7P’s

Really comfortable, very decent surround/3D sound and the battery is unreal. I only have to charge them every 7-10 days and I play at least 2-4 hours every evening.

Well worth the money.

Only downside is I went for the black as I was fed up of waiting for the white to come back into stock.
Have you adjusted any of the EQ settings or just using them as standard?

Have you adjusted any of the EQ settings or just using them as standard?
Just using them as standard.

I did plug them into my laptop to have a play about but I think I read that the EQ settings only come into effect when using them on a PC. You can’t ‘programme’ the EQ into the headset to use it on PS5

Last edited:
Has anyone got any idea where I can get an additional basestation for the Astro a50 I have them on x box but want them on ps5 as well.

Just using them as standard.

I did plug them into my laptop to have a play about but I think I read that the EQ settings only come into effect when using them on a PC. You can’t ‘programme’ the EQ into the headset to use it on PS5
Ah right I didn't know that, saves me messing around with them then. The sound profile is good as standard anyway on the normal 7's I have got.

Ah right I didn't know that, saves me messing around with them then. The sound profile is good as standard anyway on the normal 7's I have got.
I could be wrong.

I have just turned the laptop on and changed the EQ and i think it’s saved it.

I have switched to ‘immersion’ with low dynamic range compression. apparently a good set up for FPS. I’ll test it out in a bit on Warzone and see if it sounds any different.

Halfway through a WZ game and wow! There is definitely an huge improvement. Not sure what I read previously but I must have misread!

Footsteps, gunshots are so much clearer in sound and direction!

Halfway through a WZ game and wow! There is definitely an huge improvement. Not sure what I read previously but I must have misread!

Footsteps, gunshots are so much clearer in sound and direction!
Great I'll have a look at changing mine then. Thanks

Even things like dripping water and fire are a lot clearer
Which is a bit odd as dripping water would be very quiet compared to the other noises in warzone!

Sounds like Activision prioritise dripping water sounds and footsteps equally in the mix.
I can't really get into warzone. I watch jackfrags play it and try to get an idea and play with more wz experienced pals but I just die all the time. It doesn't help that I'm used to blopscw at 4 /120 with fov at max.

For that price I doubt you can go wrong. I've got a set of 7X's and find them really comfortable. I got some cooling memory foam ear cups off Amazon and they are even better now :D
Can you use your headset on both ps5 and x box one x

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom