PS5 HDR (with Sony 1080 and Optoma UHD30)

Pavey

I believe (but could be imaging it) that my picture quality changed on my digital PS5 after the recent os update. For the worse unfortunately. I had a look around the settings of both it and my Sony STR-DN 1080 and then discovered Vincent’s video on setting the HDR of the PS5 so thought i would change those based on his advice.

However when selecting HDR on the PS5 it gives a pop up saying ‘Your TV doesn’t support this’. The Tv is actually an Optoma UHD30 and I’m pretty sure i had HDR selected previously using this set up.

Has anyone else got these three elements and could check it for me please, or is the info i am being given from the PS5 correct and the UHD 30 (or is it the amp) doesn’t support HDR?

I believe i had this set before, but could be getting confused. Thanks In advance.

laser1972

Novice Member
Did you ever find a solution, i canr get HDR when playing 4k blu rays...works when I use the ps5 into the UHD50 projector itself, but not thru the DN1080

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom