PS5 General Chat

@Tim2049 - I bought these dBrand ones - they were a lot more expensive than the ones you can now get on Amazon, but they are easily a match for the Sony one in terms of quality and fit:

@Tim2049 - I bought these dBrand ones - they were a lot more expensive than the ones you can now get on Amazon, but they are easily a match for the Sony one in terms of quality and fit:

Thank you so much! Absolute deal breaker is that. Time to get myself a PS5...(famous last words...) 😉

Really appreciate that, cheers...

Thank you so much! Absolute deal breaker is that. Time to get myself a PS5...(famous last words...) 😉

Really appreciate that, cheers...
I guess you don't know there are others on ebay that can and do the job just as good as the D-brand ones for a lot cheaper
i have these and their perfect , from a distance you wouldn't notice the difference between then both.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Think my PS account has been hacked. My sign in ID (email address) has been changed and I can’t get into my account! Or receiving any password reset mails either!! 😱

Can I ask how you got your account back. My nephew has been hacked and looks like they have put 2 factor authenticator on the account. and changed the email. Hes tried chat but they dont believe its him . He hasnt been on psn in a month but Ive checked and the account was online 9 days ago.

Anyone else having PS5 crashing due to external HDD? Had to hard boot my PS5 3 times in last couple of months with Disk repair.

Just want to know if it’s common issue, before I look into replacing the 1tB SSD in my caddy. It’s not that old SSD about 18 -24 months old

Anyone else having PS5 crashing due to external HDD? Had to hard boot my PS5 3 times in last couple of months with Disk repair.

Just want to know if it’s common issue, before I look into replacing the 1tB SSD in my caddy. It’s not that old SSD about 18 -24 months old

Yeah mine used to do it if I put it in rest mode, I don’t know if it was rest mode being a bit dodgy near launch but I just moved the ssd onto the Xbox instead and PS5 hasn’t had an issue since. I’ll just put a SSD in the PS5 if the 2tb models ever fall in price.

From rest mode it’s the chipset on your enclosure (if using one). I had an ssd enclosure, its chipset caused the error every time I came out of rest (had to run a quick repair) swapped it and never had issue since.

Cheers guys, I also have the Ps5 on rest mode. So possibly be the issue. I also allow my PS5 to send error reports.

The plan is to continue with my SSD until the new update comes in and 2/4tb nvme cards are more affordable.

Finally
C3BC5565-EE51-4E2D-9984-69508FB59947.png

“We’re also introducing some new features for PS4, including the ability for players to view their PS5 trophies on their PS4 profile and Trophy list.”

I’ve been finding this unusually irritating as I have my Pro as my secondary console. So yay. 🥳

What time do the firmware updates generally drop?
Well it's Wed the 15th in New Zealand, and no update. Maybe it'll be tomorrow / UK-future-today?

edit: when are we getting folders :confused: still cant believe the functionality we lost from PS4.

Also what are Accolades? These the attempt to put in Faceboky type things into PSN?

Last edited:
New update downloaded. Setup my 3D audio through TV speakers. I’ll be honest I can’t tell the difference, unless it only works on certain games or movies only?

New update downloaded. Setup my 3D audio through TV speakers. I’ll be honest I can’t tell the difference, unless it only works on certain games or movies only?
I found the 3D audio to seem ‘echoey’ kind of like the person that you’re listening to is some distance into a tunnel

It will only make a 'good' difference when used with games which actually have an implementation of 3D Audio. If you are playing a game which doesn't have an implementation of 3D Audio you would probably be better off sticking with regular stereo sound.

Do you not use a headset when playing games? The sound is much better and immersive than through any TV speakers.

3D Audio / surround sound being produced by the console and passed to a stereo headset, where the speakers are next to your ears, will be able to give you better directional audio than TV stereo speakers in front of you.

From an Xbox perspective, I've been very impressed with their Windows Sonic audio with my Turtle Beach Stealth 600 stereo headset. Noticeably better spatial and directional sound, compared to my Turtle Beach X41 that handles Dolby Digital 5.1 via the console's optical/HDMI output.

Apparently there's a new equaliser for the 3D sound as well now, though fudgeed if I can find it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom