PS5 games that weren't announced at the PS5 event

SilverSalad

Standard Member
Reaction score
Did anyone know there are a lot of games not announced at the PS5 event?

Some don't come as a surprise though...

Sony has already announced over 20 new games that are ready for the PlayStation 5. Here is a list of the games in development that are being set up for Sonys new hardware.

New PlayStation 5 games in development
Here are the new games coming to the PlayStation 5.

Outriders
Outriders is an upcoming shooter developed by a Polish producer People Can Fly and published by Square Enix, and it’s coming to the PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4.

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
Sadly there is no gameplay trailer for this one yet. But LOTR fans rejoice, as you’ll see it coming to PlayStation 5. It seems that a bit of the gameplay will revolve around Sméagol’s split personality.

the_lord_of_the_rings_gollum_screen_5-640x347.jpg
Watch Dogs: Legion
We’re huge fans of Watch Dogs! Ubisoft Toronto has confirmed that it will be coming to the PlayStation 5.

Battlefield 6
There has been a lot of speculation about Battlefield 6, and one thing we can confirm is that it’s not a Battlefield 3 remaster. It’s simply taking cues from it. For those that have considered the gameplay to be degrading the past few games will be happy to know it’s going back to it’s roots!

Rainbow Six Quarantine
Rainbow Six® Quarantine is being developed by an entirely new team at Ubisoft Montreal that was inspired by the long-standing brand legacy of tactical co-op shooters and the varied cast of operators from Rainbow Six® Siege to develop something that is truly more than the sum of its parts.

Expected in 2020-2021

WRC 9
WRC 9, also known as WRC 9: World Rally Championship, is the official game of the 2020 World Rally Championship. The game is developed by French developer Kylotonn and is scheduled to be published by Nacon later in 2020.

Dying Light 2
Dying Light 2 is an upcoming survival horror action role-playing game developed by Techland and published by Techland Publishing.

Dirt 5
Dirt 5 is an upcoming racing video game developed and published by Codemasters. It is the eighth game in the Dirt series.

Chorus
Become Nara and Forsaken, her sentient starfighter, on a compelling, personal journey of redemption. Unlock devastating weapons and mind-bending abilities in a true evolution of the space-combat shooter. Explore breath-taking interstellar vistas, ancient temples and venture beyond our waking reality.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is the successor to the cult-classic Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines and features reactive storytelling, fast-paced combat, and compelling characters with their own hidden motives. Created in an act of vampiric insurrection, players start the game as a fledgling Thinblood whose existence ignites a war among the vampire factions in Seattle. To survive in vampire society, players will enter into uneasy alliances with Seattle’s factions and join one of the full-blood vampire clans while stalking the city streets for prey, maneuvering complex political relationships, and balancing the need for blood against their withering humanity.

Scarlet Nexus
In a far distant future, humanity’s last hope falls into the hands of an elite group of psionic soldiers, who battle an invincible threat known as, Others. Unravel the mysteries of a Brain Punk future caught between technology and psychic abilities in, SCARLET NEXUS.

PlayStation 5 Ports & Remasters
Not all games are lost with PlayStation 5. Here are 8 confirmed games coming back for the PlayStation 5.

Control
If you’ve already played this, awesome! But it’s also being ported to the PS5.

Destiny 2
Fans of Destiny will be happy to know that Destiny 2 is being ported to the PS5.

Fortnite
This isn’t to a surprise with Fortnite being one of the biggest games at the moment. Fortnite is being ported to the PS5!

Warframe
Another ported game from PS4. Warframe is free-to-play and will be available on launch.

Gothic
THQ Nordic will be bringing Gothic to the PS5. They released a “teaser” of what the game could look and feel like during December 2019. However, the original game was published in 2006. The remastered version is bound to help build a new audience!

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is being remastered to work with the PlayStation 5 hardware, and is expected to be available on the launch date.

Rainbow Six Siege
Originally released in 2015, you will find Rainbow Six Siege returning to the PlayStation 5.

Gods and Monsters
From the creators of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey we’ve been brought an epic journey through the fantastical world of Greek mythology.

Source: 19 in development PlayStation 5 games not announced at the PS5 event

isnt a harry potter game in production also i didnt see the widely rumoured Silent Hill..they might have more games to announce between now and November im sure.

Did anyone know there are a lot of games not announced at the PS5 event?

Some don't come as a surprise though...

Source: 19 in development PlayStation 5 games not announced at the PS5 event

Some of them were announced at the Xbox event so not a surprise that Sony didn't cover them.

There's a couple of posts in the launch titles thread where I've captured some of the confirmed games. Was thinking about creating a thread to track these, just haven't had the time to do it yet.

wonder how that will be affected by them selling their studios?

if it’s true that Microsoft are eager to buy then it could go exclusive. Without the licensing included though for the IP, it’s probably not worth buying

if it’s true that Microsoft are eager to buy then it could go exclusive. Without the licensing included though for the IP, it’s probably not worth buying

That’s not been rumoured anywhere.

I think MS and Sony are the least likely purchasers for WBIE, for a couple of reasons.
- it comprises 10 studios, which would be a lot to bite off for either
- the purchase is too expensive to consider going exclusive.

MS paid over $2 billion for Mojang and have kept it multi-platform to make sure they recover their investment. The price tag for WB is mooted at $4 billion. The question isn’t whether they can afford but whether they can make money from it.

The companies named as most likely are EA, Activision and Take 2, which makes sense. I could also see Tencent or THQ Nordic being interested.

I don’t necessarily see a deal happening quickly on this at all. The Harry Potter, DC, Lego stuff complicates things and WB's track record is inconsistent. If I was a buyer I’d be more inclined to try and cherry pick the likes of Rocksteady or Monolith than to acquire the whole division.

@zt1903 is right. The issue with buying these studios is you don’t get the IP and instead get a lot of studio staff. Thousands and thousands. No way is MS taking on thousands of staff many of whom will need to be made redundant. MS has some of the best employment terms and conditions in tech, especially in the USA. They are a great employer to work for but it also means any additional staff are incredibly costly for them.

Sony and or MS may try and pick off studios but can’t see either taking the lot for the same sorts of reasons.

I don’t think they will either because like I said, I don’t think the game IP are included but some places seem to throw every name into the ring.

You forgot to add COD to that list, because you full well know that’ll be on all platforms this Christmas..
Most if not all those games have been confirmed anyway. Will certainly be interesting to see what the new Battlefield looks like.

You forgot to add COD to that list, because you full well know that’ll be on all platforms this Christmas..
Most if not all those games have been confirmed anyway. Will certainly be interesting to see what the new Battlefield looks like.

I have COD on the list here.

There is still something fishy about the GTAV trailer launching the show....I expect to see a GTA6 timed exclusive trailer drop before launch.

GTA V online being timed exclusive is pretty big news too isn't it?

I also got the impression that the GTA V upgrade was free.

But you're right I think there's something been cooked up between them on something else. Maybe Agent is real :rotfl:

While it is good news on the GTAV front (will be good to revisit while its free to see updated textures etc), to get the opening trailer airtime...maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I'm expecting a little more...

I think that we forget sometimes how much of a beast GTA V is. It came out on PS3 but month after month it's still in the top selling games on PS4 as we approach the end of the generation.

I'm more keen to see new stuff but there will be plenty of people hyped by GTA V on PS5.

Yep, it's still doing very well for them so it's no surprise that it's going to next gen too. I think I read somewhere that it still makes them $500m a year and has earned them over $6b in total. Not bad for a game that cost $265m to make.

There is still something fishy about the GTAV trailer launching the show....I expect to see a GTA6 timed exclusive trailer drop before launch.

No chance, the reason GTA5 is going across is that GTA6 is some time away and if they can make a few bucks reselling (again) they will.
More significant is that Online is being spun off separately. This raises many questions!

I'd be pretty surprised if we see GTA6 before 2023.

They have had enough time to prepare for it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom