PS5 Game Recommendations Please!

evh22

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Managed to get PS5 disc from Game over Christmas bundled with Rachet and Clank and Miles Morales which I have loved. Any recommendations for the next game(s). Also what upcoming games have you good people got your eyes on/waiting for?

On my PS4 Pro I enjoyed playing COD and Battlefield but the campaigns rather than online play (as I'm an old f4rt and my reactions are not quick enough)!

Hi Folks,

Managed to get PS5 disc from Game over Christmas bundled with Rachet and Clank and Miles Morales which I have loved. Any recommendations for the next game(s). Also what upcoming games have you good people got your eyes on/waiting for?

On my PS4 Pro I enjoyed playing COD and Battlefield but the campaigns rather than online play (as I'm an old f4rt and my reactions are not quick enough)!
Have you got PlayStation Plus? If so there's 20 games in the PS+ collection you can have for free (while subbed) and in there are some absolute cracking games.
I would highly recommend playing God of War, as the sequel to that is out later this year and its an amazing game.

Have you got PlayStation Plus? If so there's 20 games in the PS+ collection you can have for free (while subbed) and in there are some absolute cracking games.
I would highly recommend playing God of War, as the sequel to that is out later this year and its an amazing game.
Yes mate got PS Plus. I abs loved GOW on the PS4 brilliant game and cant wait for next installment. What other games would you suggest from PS plus list?

Also (and I am looking for best places to explain this) I understand there are only a handful of PS5 dedicated games vs PS4 remastered? Is this correct?!

Sorry for all the Q's but i'm proper enjoying my gaming again. Quite gutted i've completed Miles Morales (wondering if I should give some of the other Spiderman games a go now)?

Yes mate got PS Plus. I abs loved GOW on the PS4 brilliant game and cant wait for next installment. What other games would you suggest from PS plus list?

Also (and I am looking for best places to explain this) I understand there are only a handful of PS5 dedicated games vs PS4 remastered? Is this correct?!

Sorry for all the Q's but i'm proper enjoying my gaming again. Quite gutted i've completed Miles Morales (wondering if I should give some of the other Spiderman games a go now)?
The original spiderman game (same map as Miles Morales) is really good, well worth a play if you enjoyed MM.

You might like Days Gone on the ps+ collection, that runs lovely on ps5 at 60fps.

Persona 5 is something very different, but a great game.

One of my favourite ps4 games on the collection is Bloodborne, but it's had no ps5 love so I hear it plays very dated now we are all used to smoother high resolution graphics.

Ps5 dedicated games are still fairly light. Apart from the two you mentioned there's really only Demons Souls (brilliant but marmite), Returnal (meant to be fantastic visually but rock hard) and the rest are ps4 games with ps5 enhancements.

I'm currently playing Death Stranding Directors Cut, that's a great game in 4k/60 and a few months ago played through Ghost of Tsushima with the ps5 upgrade, another amazing game.

Thanks mate great answers. Days Gone another fave. I’d got thru about 75% on my PS4 then cocked up the transfer to PS5 and haven’t the heart to start again.
Thanks again for suggestions appreciate you taking time to reply👍

If you like Miles m then I'd definitely check out the original spiderman game, can be picked up for peanuts and much more gameplay then mm and for a ps4 game still looks amazing.
I also sunk alot of hours into ghosts of tushima which I would also highly recommend. Took a couple of hours to get into it but I was then hooked.

If you like driving games wreakfest is fun, or wrc 9 or 10 for a more sim experience.

The campaign on the new cod is also very good.

If you like Miles m then I'd definitely check out the original spiderman game, can be picked up for peanuts and much more gameplay then mm and for a ps4 game still looks amazing.
I also sunk alot of hours into ghosts of tushima which I would also highly recommend. Took a couple of hours to get into it but I was then hooked.

If you like driving games wreakfest is fun, or wrc 9 or 10 for a more sim experience.

The campaign on the new cod is also very good.
Great thanks mate. Would you go for COD over Battlefield 2042?

I haven’t played it yet, but there’s been a lot of praise for Kena: Bridge of Spirits. It’s currently on sale on the PSN store for around £23 too. If you only play single player campaigns on CoD and Battlefield, then the new Battlefield is online only this time, where as CoD Vanguard does have a single player campaign. I’m usually a Battlefield player, but I’m not keen on the new one and much prefer playing CoD: Vanguard (online multiplayer that is).

Kena is brilliant but very small when compared to the like of Days Gone etc. Well worth purchasing though 👍

Another vote for Kena here - great little game.

It's online multiplayer only though.
It is but as a jaded 50yr old it's breathed a new lease of life into playing games I thought I was done with.

You can buy the PS5 version of Spiderman for £20 (from memory) with all the DLC from within the Miles Morales menu. I did it, having played about halfway through it on PS4, and didn't regret it for a minute.

If you enjoyed MM, Spidey is more of much-the-same - but a LOT more of it!

You can buy the PS5 version of Spiderman for £20 (from memory) with all the DLC from within the Miles Morales menu. I did it, having played about halfway through it on PS4, and didn't regret it for a minute.

If you enjoyed MM, Spidey is more of much-the-same - but a LOT more of it!
That’s the next few months sorted then! Thanks very much for reply

I don't care for Spider-Man one bit but Insomniac's Spider-Man is the best superhero game I've ever played - and I say that as a Batman fan who loved the Arkham games. It was an absolute blast.

Here's a really useful thread detailing how PS4 games run on the PS5. Great point of reference, IMO.

ps5 games that are also ps4 games

Death stranding
plague take innocence
final fantasy 7 remake
fallen order

do you just want ps5 game recomendations?

I don't care for Spider-Man one bit but Insomniac's Spider-Man is the best superhero game I've ever played - and I say that as a Batman fan who loved the Arkham games. It was an absolute blast.

Here's a really useful thread detailing how PS4 games run on the PS5. Great point of reference, IMO.

I think my favourite superhero game is probably infamous 2

Cheers Craig will have a read mate👍

ps5 games that are also ps4 games

Death stranding
plague take innocence
final fantasy 7 remake
fallen order

do you just want ps5 game recomendations
Am very grateful for any suggestions just want to get the best out of PS5 gaming experience

No one mentioning demon souls?
One of the best games I've played.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom