PS5 Crashing

Mikeni77

I had 2 crashes both linked to the external hdd I presume, both on spiderman mm, first one was when I was downloading a game on the external while playing a game, and the second crash was same game but when I exited to dash to close the game, the whole console became unresponsive, couldn't use the controller to do anything even though the dash was fine, I've removed the external hdd now until a update is available to sort it out, no crashes since

I don't have an external hdd but had 1 on spidey. Mate of mine has had multiple on spidey. Maybe it's so common with spidey because it's so popular a game

Paperlantern

Had my first crash on Spiderman MM last night, went into repair mode but my save was OK and no repeat tonight.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Played MM for the first time today, crashed about half an hour in after the fight with the first boss during the cutscene. Screen went black then came up with this screen
IMG_20201230_152300.jpg

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I haven't had a single crash on my XSX. Hope it's not a hardware issue , haven't had any crashes on astro but that's nowhere near as graphically intensive. Will keep an eye on it..

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
Played MM for the first time today, crashed about half an hour in after the fight with the first boss during the cutscene. Screen went black then came up with this screen
View attachment 1432217

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I haven't had a single crash on my XSX. Hope it's not a hardware issue , haven't had any crashes on astro but that's nowhere near as graphically intensive. Will keep an eye on it..

I've not had one single crash, use an external hard drive and use rest mode so god knows why these things hit some and not others.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I've not had one single crash, use an external hard drive and use rest mode so god knows why these things hit some and not others.
Yes, the bloke who bought my spare disc one has had a lot more crashes, some in the exact same place on mm, than I did over two playthroughs. I think I only had two, maybe three.

Chekovs Gun

First couple of weeks I had some issues but I’ve now switched to using rest mode with external hard drive always inserted and it’d working crash free. Maybe the last software update addressed some of the issues?

The speed with which you can resume play within a game after a break in rest mode is a thing of beauty and I’m reluctant to go back to powering off now lol

tazmago

Distinguished Member
I’ve had two crashes today on MM. Error code is NW-102216-2, which according to many reports online is associated with losing Wi-fi. Anyone else had this error, and did you fix it? Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom