Ps5 Audio

Mike15111984

As we hear more and more details emerging about ps5 Ive read that they are developing their own 3d audo which is rumoured to be very good, however when this is talked about it appears to be the general understanding that this will be good for headphone users, I have not really heard how this audio is going to sound on any home cinema systems, now with them saying that Atmos is not going to be included for games, does anyone have any info how this audio is going to play on Atmos cinema systems? I have a 5.2.2 setup but i cant find any details outlining what will happen for setups of this kind. I'm sure it will do but just can't find info on this.

Also I hope that Dolby Atmos will still be used for films.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
They are bound to have Atmos and DTS-X support for movies due to the 4k Blu-ray player PS5 has, it would be incredibly stupid to not support the audio formats that 4k movies use.

As for games they are starting with headphones for their 3D tech as it's the simplest to do it on, they then will go to Tv's then surround sound systems last.

I would guess that games would just playback as they do now for TV's and Surround systems until Sony update them for the 3D stuff.

Mike15111984

They are bound to have Atmos and DTS-X support for movies due to the 4k Blu-ray player PS5 has, it would be incredibly stupid to not support the audio formats that 4k movies use.

As for games they are starting with headphones for their 3D tech as it's the simplest to do it on, they then will go to Tv's then surround sound systems last.

I would guess that games would just playback as they do now for TV's and Surround systems until Sony update them for the 3D stuff.
Ok cheers for the reply 👍

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I might buy some new headphones then. I gave my golds to my friend and bought the platinum ones but they sound no better and are the worst designed and most uncomfortable headphones I've ever had the misfortune to purchase and place atop my head! They're dreadful. The reviews were all lies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom