PS5 Audio Sync via ARC

wildwood081

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya folks. First time poster on here but after some advice please. So i have the PS5, Hisense U8B and the Sharp HTSBW800, Ive just bought a 4k firestick for the Dolby Vision stuff and Atmos as the only Atmos stuff i can get on the PS5 is the UHD Blu Rays. So the Firestick and Sky Q are plugged direct into the soundbar and the PS5 in the TV, now im having a mega annoying issue whereby if the PS5 is set to output Dolby or DTS then the audio delay is terrible via HDMI Arc (and i cant reduce the sync anything below the zero its set it),unless i set it to PCM Audio on the PS5, if i then set the ARC output to DD or DD+ then it syncs perfectly but sounds "iffy". Does anyone have any ideas on this? I can output Atmos via the TVs ARC Output to the soundbar but have no joy using any compressed audio via the ARC and PS5?

HI mate. You are suffering from the basically the same issue that I posted about in my thread yesterday, link here => Recommend a HDMI 2.0b toslink audio extractor please

To solve your issue you will need to buy the same adapter as what I am buying, I have the first one on my list of 3 being delivered today, so that you can connect the ps5's audio directly to the soundbar.

Hopefully you have a digital optical input on your soundbar that you can connect to and manually switch the soundbar's input to?

Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom