PS5 and Sony Bravia 4k problems

Neill

Standard Member
Hi

I have a 2021 Sony Bravia capable of 4K 120fps and which is also VRR enabled. Im able to get 120fps on games like CoD Coldwar or Vanguard but only at 1080p. Ive all my settings on the PS5 setup correctly (performance mode turned on, 120fps set to automatic etc) so im assuming the problem lies with my TV.

Im using an enhanced Dolby HDMI connection which I suspect may be the problem. The TV thinks that this type of HDMI connection is best. Can anyone advise if they ve come across this before?

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
There is nothing wrong with the TV Consoles at this time simply cant do 120Hz at 4k so they drop the res down in most cases 1080p, even a high end PC would have a hard time and mostly go with 1440p, it's the choice you have to make either the higher frame rate or better graphics/higher resolution you cant have both.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
There is nothing wrong with the TV Consoles at this time simply cant do 120Hz at 4k so they drop the res down in most cases 1080p, even a high end PC would have a hard time and mostly go with 1440p, it's the choice you have to make either the higher frame rate or better graphics/higher resolution you cant have both.
I'm assuming this will be solved when VRR arrives on the ps5...were framerate won't matter?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom