PS5 and PS4 controllers

cris85

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi can somebody help me Sony officially stated you could use your PlayStation 4 controllers on your PlayStation 5 console but only for PlayStation 4 games..

I’m having trouble connecting my PlayStation 4 controllers to my PlayStation 5 console..

Under supported devices in Bluetooth accessories once I’ve connected the PlayStation 4 controller with the cable it pops up with a ?
I click on it and get get 2 messages pop up

1) the PlayStation 5 doesn’t support the Bluetooth accessory.....??
or
2) please wait............took too long to connect try again??

Does somebody know how to fix this I’ve tried multiple controllers and still won’t connect when they should be easy to connect as Sony have mentioned

Have you connected using the cable and then hit the ps button on it to power it on once plugged into the console?

Just get same thing pop up a ? In a little Box
I click it
It either says ps5 doesn’t support the Bluetooth accessory or it says please wait and then then after about 30seconds it says took too long to connect try again

I’m now having the same issue. It’s also not recognising the steering wheel setup I’ve got (even though the games state it as supported). Can’t get it to recognise a modified wired keyboard either that I use as a button box. I’ve managed to get the wheel, pedals & shifter working using a collective minds drivehub after someone suggested getting a £20 wired controller too, but nothing seems to work like Sony have said it should. Still can’t work out why the button box isn’t functioning and can’t see anyone else that’s even tried it

Use a pin and either reset the controller that way or unregister it on the ps4 console if you still have it. The controller is probably still registered to the ps4 console and that's why it won't link with the ps5.

Hi, is this something someone can confirm they've had working?

My son swears he had his working but after an update it will no longer take his ps4 control? He has another one but so I can jump on with him (In my spare time of course ;))

Hi, is this something someone can confirm they've had working?

My son swears he had his working but after an update it will no longer take his ps4 control? He has another one but so I can jump on with him (In my spare time of course ;))

Get a pin or paperclip and try resetting it and then reconnecting it to the ps5.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom