PS5 and LGCX65 Setup with Old AVR - Help Please!

adamsgj

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I got my CX65 setup yesterday i have a PS5 but still old AVR's for now ( 1 Yamaha RX-V375 and 1 DSP-AX761). Plan is to upgrade to a Denon X2700H when budget allows.

For now i am trying to get 5.1 back to the AVR as i will plug my PS5 directly into the TV due to the spec of the AVRs.

My questions are:

1) Which of the AVRs am i best to use for now?
2) Should i be able to use optical from the TV to the AVR and get 5.1? (Audio works now but looks like only stereo according to the speaker lights L&R)
3) Is ARC an option to pass the Audio back? (I see that the V375 has 1 ARC support HDMIport but its on the output, so i guess that won't work)
4) Or is there another setup i should be using as a temporary solution until i get the Denon?
5) Is it necessary to use the AVR as a hub which will require the high spec 4K @ 120hz if i want to maximize the PS5 in future? Would i not just still connect the PS5 to the TV even with a new AVR? What would i be missing out on when NOT using the AVR as a hub?
6) If not using AVR as a hub does that expand the options significantly? If i was "just" looking to get HD Audio 5.1

Thanks

Hi All,

I got my CX65 setup yesterday i have a PS5 but still old AVR's for now ( 1 Yamaha RX-V375 and 1 DSP-AX761). Plan is to upgrade to a Denon X2700H when budget allows.

For now i am trying to get 5.1 back to the AVR as i will plug my PS5 directly into the TV due to the spec of the AVRs.

My questions are:

1) Which of the AVRs am i best to use for now?
2) Should i be able to use optical from the TV to the AVR and get 5.1? (Audio works now but looks like only stereo according to the speaker lights L&R)
3) Is ARC an option to pass the Audio back? (I see that the V375 has 1 ARC support HDMIport but its on the output, so i guess that won't work)
4) Or is there another setup i should be using as a temporary solution until i get the Denon?
5) Is it necessary to use the AVR as a hub which will require the high spec 4K @ 120hz if i want to maximize the PS5 in future? Would i not just still connect the PS5 to the TV even with a new AVR? What would i be missing out on when NOT using the AVR as a hub?
6) If not using AVR as a hub does that expand the options significantly? If i was "just" looking to get HD Audio 5.1

Thanks
1) The V375 if you wish to use ARC (see 3)
2) Yes that is an option.
3) Yes - ARC is on the "output" port as it can output video to the TV but can also import Audio back to the TV.
4) No. ARC or optical.
5) No, not necessary. It can however be advantageous to avoid potential lip sync issues, and/or HDMI CEC issues. It also allows for just one HDMI cable into TV.
6) No. As above it can cause issues, particular with HDMI CEC. But you may be lucky - it's unpredictable.

1) The V375 if you wish to use ARC (see 3)
2) Yes that is an option.
3) Yes - ARC is on the "output" port as it can output video to the TV but can also import Audio back to the TV.
4) No. ARC or optical.
5) No, not necessary. It can however be advantageous to avoid potential lip sync issues, and/or HDMI CEC issues. It also allows for just one HDMI cable into TV.
6) No. As above it can cause issues, particular with HDMI CEC. But you may be lucky - it's unpredictable.
Many thanks for the reply, i 'm going to try to setup the V375 with ARC then, as the Optical and the 761 doesn't seem to be working with anything but stereo.

6) On this questions, i was referring to if the choice of AVR would expand if i didnt need the 4K @ 120hz subject to a direct connection between PS5 and TV.
Is you answer still accurate?

Thanks for taking the time

Many thanks for the reply, i 'm going to try to setup the V375 with ARC then, as the Optical and the 761 doesn't seem to be working with anything but stereo.

6) On this questions, i was referring to if the choice of AVR would expand if i didnt need the 4K @ 120hz subject to a direct connection between PS5 and TV.
Is you answer still accurate?

Thanks for taking the time
OK, I misunderstood your question then. The answer would be yes, but only really in the sense that it would enable you perhaps to buy used, as you wouldn't then need to latest 2.1 spec. The choice of new AVRs at the moment is rather limited unfortunately.

OK, I misunderstood your question then. The answer would be yes, but only really in the sense that it would enable you perhaps to buy used, as you wouldn't then need to latest 2.1 spec. The choice of new AVRs at the moment is rather limited unfortunately.
So I have the v375 setup now via hdmi arc. But I can only get the front 3 channels working...I swapped out the speakers and it’s nothing to do with them or the cables. It seems the input is only 3 channels, there is only L C and R displayed on the front.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

• E22FF4EC-3152-4078-9702-75FD9A9926EA.jpeg
    E22FF4EC-3152-4078-9702-75FD9A9926EA.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 43
So I have the v375 setup now via hdmi arc. But I can only get the front 3 channels working...I swapped out the speakers and it’s nothing to do with them or the cables. It seems the input is only 3 channels, there is only L C and R displayed on the front.
Any ideas?
Thanks
It's showing PCM, you need to ensure that the PS5 and the TV are set up to output Bitstream.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom