PS5 and Apple AirPod Max

billbirchall

I have a PS5 and Apple AirPod Max headset. They are not able to be paired naturally. Has anyone managed to get the AirPod Max to work with an Audio Adapter plugged into the PS5. If yes, how is it installed and what is the model? Thanks

Wing80surfer

I've just found out that you can buy a 3.5mm to lightning cable that will enable you to use your Max's by plugging into the PS5 controller.

A bit pricey (as is a lot of apple stuff) but no doubt you will be able to find cheaper versions if you shop around.

I might be interested if anyone knows of a decent USB BT transmitter for this as it means I'd be able to use my Airpod pros with 3D audio. I do have alternate headphones for this but much prefer using the Airpods :)

billbirchall

Hi thanks for the reply. Are you saying that you plug one end of the 3.5mm to lightening cable into the headset and the other into the circular socket on the PS5 Dual Sense Controller? Have you experienced the quality? I thought that you would require a Bluetooth Audio Adapter that would plug into the console as the AirPod Max headsets are fundamentally Bluetooth.
Bill

Wing80surfer

Yes, connected as you state. I'm sorry, I can't comment on sound quality as I don't have the headphones that you have or the cable :laugh: That being said, I'm sure that the quality will be fine.

Yes, the headphones are predominantly bluetooth but it's clear that they can be used with a cable based on Apple advertising this cable & stating it allows the airpod max to be used with any 3.5mm audio port.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom