Ps42q97 dead pixels one day gone the next!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by andru, Jan 22, 2008.

1. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have had my samsung for a few months now,on Sunday we were watching the tv and i saw what looked like a fly on the screen.On closer inspection it was a bunch of pixels that were black in what should have been the sky on the paricular program.I mangaed to count them,they were about 9/10 pixels by about 9/10 qsuare.On a dark scene they turned white.
    I switched off the tv for 5 mins but they were still there when i turned it back on.
    I then turned of the tv overnight and they were gone in the morning,is this anything to worry about as the tv is only a few months old.

One last thing is the setting,i cant find the thread here,everything is very jaggered and stuttering on fast moving programs not just sport but all programs what are the best settings for this as the tv has been running for a good few hundreds of hours.

Thanks

2. kjt2004

kjt2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Hi

Id definitely keep an eye on them, my guess is that they just may have stuck momentarily as a dead pixel is dead, and i would guess that that number falls outside the manufactures tolerance

For settings

Try Movie mode
    Conrast 68, brightness 62, Colour 35 tint 52 green, Normal

In detailed settings
    Black adj low, White balance pink 10, white 20 all others as is

everything else off

You can play with the colour control to adjust red, blues and greens to suit

eiren has posted some settings on these

regards

3. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for that i certainly will keep an eye on them i can imagine that many in one area would be outside acceptable lilits

thanks for the settings i'll give them a go